Mullens Family Worship Center - "Sere...

Mullens Family Worship Center - "Serenity" 12 Step Program for Substance Abuse

Posted in the Mullens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Carolyn Daniels

Beckley, WV

#1 Nov 4, 2011
Mullens Family Worship Center will be conducting a "Serenity" 12 Step Substance Abuse class on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm beginning Nov.9th. The class will be held in the basement of the church and will be facilitated by Pastor John Rogers, who is a former correctional facility Chaplain and a certified substance abuse and anger management counselor. This is the only program of this kind in the area. Everyone is welcome to attend. We encourage those that have addictions and those that have loved ones/friends with addictions to attend. We also encourage area Pastors to attend to learn how to facilitate these classes in their churches.

Mullens Family Worship Center has new leadership that has had many years of experience and training in reaching out to the needs of those with addictions and other areas of life where help is desperately needed.
Carolyn Daniels

Beckley, WV

#2 Nov 4, 2011
I encourage you to visit the following FB pages to meet the new leadership/ministerial staff at Family Worship Center and share our vision for Mullens and the surrounding areas. It is our hearts desire to reach out to the community, especially to those who don't know the Lord and those who are suffering with substance abuse, domestic abuse, etc.

We sincerely welcome you to visit our church, worship with us and join us in our efforts to be servants to the community.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mullens-Family...
Why go there

Lindside, WV

#3 Nov 4, 2011
So you can come on here and judge the people that show up for help? I think I'll just stay home and drink alone!
Carolyn Daniels

Beckley, WV

#4 Nov 4, 2011
I am so sorry that you feel that way. There will be NO judging of anyone!! We are only trying to help. I only posted this so those that live in Mullens or have lived there that wants help would be aware of what we are doing. That is your choice if you don't want to come but you are certainly welcome! There might possibly be someone out there that really needs help that would appreciate knowing about this program. It is being held on a night that we don't have regular church services to make it easier for those that want to come. What is discussed in the class will not go out of the class; that is the rules and we hope that everyone present will abide by them.
Why oh why

Lindside, WV

#5 Nov 4, 2011
(That is the rules---really?) THAT IS THE RULE!!!!!! You people kill me with your limited language skills. Do you really think that builds our confidence in your ability to understand confidentiality? NOT!
three dog night

Columbia, TN

#6 Nov 5, 2011
Why oh why wrote:
(That is the rules---really?) THAT IS THE RULE!!!!!! You people kill me with your limited language skills. Do you really think that builds our confidence in your ability to understand confidentiality? NOT!
This person is helping to start a much needed group in the area and all you can do is criticize her grammar????? Shame on you! Why don't you get off your computer and do something good for the community instead of finding fault in others?
How it is here

Welch, WV

#7 Nov 6, 2011
three dog night wrote:
<quoted text>
This person is helping to start a much needed group in the area and all you can do is criticize her grammar????? Shame on you! Why don't you get off your computer and do something good for the community instead of finding fault in others?
Probably some dealer afraid of losing business or some junkie afraid their family will be discussing them.
Carolyn Daniels

Beckley, WV

#8 Nov 6, 2011
Thank you Three dog night and How it is here, for your positive comments. I don't let the negative ones bother me or discourage me. Anytime that anyone tries to do something good, there will always be those that try to stop it or try to discourage you from continuing on. I am used to that; Satan is always busy, especially wherever God is moving. That just shows me that GOD IS MOVING and SOMETHING GREAT is about to take place in Mullens, Pineville, Welch, Oceana, Logan, and other towns in WV!!!! When you KNOW that you KNOW that God has led you to do something, NOTHING or NO ONE can cause you to lose faith. I am very excited about reaching out to help those that need and want help!!
Carolyn Daniels

Beckley, WV

#9 Nov 6, 2011
In this day and time that we live in, I seriously doubt that there is any family, regardless of race, religion, or status in society that drugs or alcohol or some other vice has not negatively affected their lives. If a person lives long enough, I would say that they will probably at some time in their lives experience a divorce, or the death of a loved one that has overdosed, been shot or went to prison because of substance abuse. I am sure that there will be many individuals and families in Mullen's and the surrounding towns that will be more than happy to have a program like this come to their town to help them and their loved ones.

I wonder if Why Oh Why in Charleston has ever looked upon a son, daughter or other family member lying in a coffin after overdosing on drugs. Many families in Mullen's and all over WV have experienced this. Many individuals in WV have lost their spouses, their children and even gone to prison because of addictions. It is for those people that we are providing this 12 step program.
SO, let the scoffers mock and speak hateful,negative things but some day they may be the very ones that need a program like this.
info

Welch, WV

#10 Nov 6, 2011
I know your trying to do good , but Topix is not the place to try it. If you'll notice it's just one big gossip site. People will eat you alive on here and turn all that your trying to do into smut. I personally don't think a true Christian should even be on this site. Its a trash site!!!
three dog night

Columbia, TN

#11 Nov 6, 2011
info wrote:
I know your trying to do good , but Topix is not the place to try it. If you'll notice it's just one big gossip site. People will eat you alive on here and turn all that your trying to do into smut. I personally don't think a true Christian should even be on this site. Its a trash site!!!
I think Topix is a good forum if it's used correctly. I visit Topix in several different states that I've lived, and I've got to say that this Mullens Forum is the very worst for trash talk.
sick of it

Statts Mills, WV

#12 Nov 8, 2011
Carolyn Daniels wrote:
I am so sorry that you feel that way. There will be NO judging of anyone!! We are only trying to help. I only posted this so those that live in Mullens or have lived there that wants help would be aware of what we are doing. That is your choice if you don't want to come but you are certainly welcome! There might possibly be someone out there that really needs help that would appreciate knowing about this program. It is being held on a night that we don't have regular church services to make it easier for those that want to come. What is discussed in the class will not go out of the class; that is the rules and we hope that everyone present will abide by them.
They don't want help;don't think they have a problem;even as they sit and watch their friends die off one by one19 OVERDOSE death case in Wyoming county alone in 2011 wont stop them.
three dog night

Columbia, TN

#13 Nov 8, 2011
sick of it wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want help;don't think they have a problem;even as they sit and watch their friends die off one by one19 OVERDOSE death case in Wyoming county alone in 2011 wont stop them.
I'm sure there are a LOT of people that will be helped by this group. Once while visiting my parents in WV I went to an Al-Anon meeting and my husband went to an AA group in Beckley and I was impressed by the number of people that attended both groups. I'm glad this new program will be available for those who want/need it. The more people that go to these meetings the more they can spread the word to others that there is help available when/if they decide they want it.
powerlifter

Erie, PA

#14 Nov 8, 2011
info wrote:
I know your trying to do good , but Topix is not the place to try it. If you'll notice it's just one big gossip site. People will eat you alive on here and turn all that your trying to do into smut. I personally don't think a true Christian should even be on this site. Its a trash site!!!
the bible says....go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature..this means even topix.i was witnessing to a man the other day and he made the statment that so many make when he said.there are to many hypocrites in the church.i said to him we have room for one more so why dont you come and join us.this defused him and he said no more....god is good.and it take a REAL man or woman to serve him
Why be a sick dog lifter

Lindside, WV

#15 Nov 8, 2011
when you can be the next to go! Dumb hillbillies!
Why be a hillbilly

Lindside, WV

#16 Nov 8, 2011
when you can read about hem here:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hillbillie...
the good life

Erie, PA

#17 Nov 9, 2011
Why be a sick dog lifter wrote:
when you can be the next to go! Dumb hillbillies!
no sac
the good life

Erie, PA

#18 Nov 9, 2011
Why be a hillbilly wrote:
when you can read about hem here:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Hillbillie...
no sac
Carolyn Daniels

Beckley, WV

#19 Nov 9, 2011
Dear Powerlifter,

You are SO right! God can and will and has used EVEN Topix to spread the GOOD NEWS of HIS WORD and to announce His plans to help those that are crying out for help but don't know where or whom to go to. I will continue to to a "WATCHMAN" on the wall. Ezekiel chapter 33. I hope the mockers, scoffers and unbelievers will take the time to read this scripture which comes from God, the Creator of man! We so called hillbillies are not as naive and stupid as some would like to think. The FEAR OF THE LORD is the BEGINNING OF WISDOM!! Prov. 9:10
Proverbs 10: 21 "The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of wisdom." 11:2 - When pride comes, then comes disgrace but with humility comes wisdom. 11:12- A man who lacks wisdom derides his neighbor but a man of understanding holds his tongue. 14:6 - The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning. 21:30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. 24:7 - Wisdom is too high for a fool; in the assembly at the gate he has nothing to say. Ecclesiastes 2:20 - To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.

We are living in the days of the NEW WORLD ORDER and it is NOT GOD'S ORDER - it is SATAN's! GOD'S NEW ORDER IS GOING TO BE THE "KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH," and it IS COMING SOON, AND VERY SOON for the believers. The world at that time did not believe Noah either and they scoffed, mocked and laughed at him but they ALL PERISHED because of their foolish unbelief! We ARE LIVING in the same days like as unto Noah as the Word says and that is why there is so much evil, wickedness, unbelief, crimes, drugs, murder, abortion, lawlessness, hate, anger and loss of love for families and neighbors and God, homosexuality, earthquakes in many places, floods, fires, etc., etc., etc.

My heart and prayers are with the believers AND the unbelievers because I DO NOT WISH to see anyone perish, and NEITHER DOES THE LORD JESUS CHRIST who DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD!

"THE WAY" Youth Center will be open this Saturday from 2-11 pm.
powerlifter

Erie, PA

#20 Nov 9, 2011
Carolyn Daniels wrote:
Dear Powerlifter,
You are SO right! God can and will and has used EVEN Topix to spread the GOOD NEWS of HIS WORD and to announce His plans to help those that are crying out for help but don't know where or whom to go to. I will continue to to a "WATCHMAN" on the wall. Ezekiel chapter 33. I hope the mockers, scoffers and unbelievers will take the time to read this scripture which comes from God, the Creator of man! We so called hillbillies are not as naive and stupid as some would like to think. The FEAR OF THE LORD is the BEGINNING OF WISDOM!! Prov. 9:10
Proverbs 10: 21 "The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of wisdom." 11:2 - When pride comes, then comes disgrace but with humility comes wisdom. 11:12- A man who lacks wisdom derides his neighbor but a man of understanding holds his tongue. 14:6 - The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning. 21:30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. 24:7 - Wisdom is too high for a fool; in the assembly at the gate he has nothing to say. Ecclesiastes 2:20 - To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God.
We are living in the days of the NEW WORLD ORDER and it is NOT GOD'S ORDER - it is SATAN's! GOD'S NEW ORDER IS GOING TO BE THE "KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH," and it IS COMING SOON, AND VERY SOON for the believers. The world at that time did not believe Noah either and they scoffed, mocked and laughed at him but they ALL PERISHED because of their foolish unbelief! We ARE LIVING in the same days like as unto Noah as the Word says and that is why there is so much evil, wickedness, unbelief, crimes, drugs, murder, abortion, lawlessness, hate, anger and loss of love for families and neighbors and God, homosexuality, earthquakes in many places, floods, fires, etc., etc., etc.
My heart and prayers are with the believers AND the unbelievers because I DO NOT WISH to see anyone perish, and NEITHER DOES THE LORD JESUS CHRIST who DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD!
"THE WAY" Youth Center will be open this Saturday from 2-11 pm.
carolyn.you keep on keeping on girl.we need more people like you on here.you are a blessing.its not that the people get mad at you but who you are talking about.its the same reason many people dont go to church because they know the pastor may shine a spot light on their darkness and the holy spirit will begin to deal with them and they will become upset.further.they just dont understand the bible because they are not saved..ist corinthians 2:14-15 says A NATURAL MAN[UNSAVED]DOES NOT ACCEPT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT FOR THEY ARE FOOLISHNESS TO HIM AND HE CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM.BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY APPRAISED.BUT HE WHO IS SPIRITUAL[SAVED] APPRAISES ALL THINGS.YET HE HIMSLEF IS APPRAISED BY NO ONE.otherwise.if one is not saved or born again they not qualified to speak about the bible.its strange.but if you were talking smut no one would say nothing to you.but since you are talking someone who can give them life worth living they want you to stop.keep spreading the word and got will bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Tired of lazy people 4,268
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 22 hr luci 11,527
black diamond power company (Nov '14) Oct 9 frank 7
Steeles Tavern Oct 6 Busy Body 6
News Town of Rhodell will soon be no more Oct 6 Mark 2
What was the name of the band Randy Herold (sp?... (Feb '10) Oct 5 Guitarist6 21
Josephine Music Thread (Jun '16) Oct 3 Musikologist 3

Mullens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages