First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mullens hotel

Welch, WV

#1 Dec 29, 2012
So what's happening to the old Mullens hotel heard it was being torn down along with the other buildings in town??
Kenny

Elkview, WV

#2 Dec 29, 2012
It needs to before a piece of it falls and hurts somebody!
Wow

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Evidently some people aren't afraid it will fall in or else they wouldn't be trying to strip the copper from it. Did they ever find out who was doing that or is it a big secret. People need to stay away from property that does not belong to them. It is a shame that it cannot be restored someway. The old hotel has a lot of history. If they keep tearing down every building that is an eye sore, Mullens will be nothing but a big grassy lot.
Mullens hotel

Welch, WV

#4 Dec 29, 2012
I agree, they should deff. Restore it some how Mullens use to be up in the charts now it's just a ghost town, not to mention if they keep tearing down these building what are we going to do when the next flood hits there will be nothing there...
idea

Beckley, WV

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Mullens used to be a very pretty town. Maybe if all the so called higher up, influential people that live on the avenue could make some donations and help out instead of thinking they are better than everyone else and talking crap about people, would be a start in restoring the town. There are alot of skeletons in some of those closets.
rebel4life

Ardsley, NY

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Mullens was never able to progress because the old business owners town threw hissy fits every time a new business wanted to move in. Blame can laid on 4-5 business men (most deceased now).
On the old hotel, I don't think they can tear it down. I believe it was declared a historical landmark.
Kenny

Charleston, WV

#7 Dec 29, 2012
rebel4life wrote:
Mullens was never able to progress because the old business owners town threw hissy fits every time a new business wanted to move in. Blame can laid on 4-5 business men (most deceased now).
On the old hotel, I don't think they can tear it down. I believe it was declared a historical landmark.
You need to do up-keep on a historical landmark! Nothing has been done to that place!
in agreement

Nitro, WV

#8 Dec 30, 2012
rebel4life wrote:
This mentality is called greed,, they knew if other buisnesses came in it would take buisness from theirs. Not to mention that they were on the town council n would vote against new buisness opening here. Their greed has smothered the town. Pineville grew,oceana grew,Mullens was smothered out by greedy buisness owners..simple as that.
not in agreement

Nitro, WV

#9 Dec 30, 2012
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to do up-keep on a historical landmark! Nothing has been done to that place!
at one time i would've agreed wth you. however the old building is to delapidated it cannot be restored and its a health hazzard. TEAR IT DOWN..
Fred

Amigo, WV

#10 Dec 30, 2012
The building is going to fall. There has been too much structural damage brought on by neglect of roof over many years. All the floors on the backside of the building have fallen through
(caved in) from the top all the way to the bottom. That is what's wrong with most of these buildings,the owners didn't keep the roofs in good repair and it doesn't take water from a leaky roof very long at all to destroy a building. That building will never be repaired and it will be torn down if it doesn't fall first.
just me
#11 Dec 31, 2012
i wish they would fix it up do something 4 the kids there .. do something with all the old buildings
nope

Nitro, WV

#12 Dec 31, 2012
just me wrote:
i wish they would fix it up do something 4 the kids there .. do something with all the old buildings
just let it go freind these old buildings are to far gone to renovate
dudley do right

Van, WV

#13 Jan 1, 2013
to start off its the old wyoming hotel,and ever thing doesnt need to be torn down,the bess people in mullens and the mayor and counc has been mullens down fall, they worried about there personal gain,money or sex not the town the same can be said about the police dept.
dudley do right

Van, WV

#14 Jan 1, 2013
it seams very funny to me that ever time you start a topix on mullens ,that it gets took off or you cant get on to that certain topix is it possible people are afraid of hearing the truth about them selfs.we need people who care about mullens,to be the mayor or city con and police,
Joel

Charleston, WV

#15 Jan 1, 2013
dudley do right wrote:
to start off its the old wyoming hotel,and ever thing doesnt need to be torn down,the bess people in mullens and the mayor and counc has been mullens down fall, they worried about there personal gain,money or sex not the town the same can be said about the police dept.
Please learn to spell! Your IQ shining bright!
dudley do right

Van, WV

#16 Jan 1, 2013
i may not spell very good but i dont have trouble with the truth,and i do have a little love for the place that i have lived all my life.some dont care about anything,only there personal gain,mullens doesnt havet to die,pineville and ocean are doing good,so lets please hear some more excuses,
Turner

Pineville, WV

#17 Jan 1, 2013
dudley do right wrote:
i may not spell very good but i dont have trouble with the truth,and i do have a little love for the place that i have lived all my life.some dont care about anything,only there personal gain,mullens doesnt havet to die,pineville and ocean are doing good,so lets please hear some more excuses,
You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face. You are one of the dimmest light bulbs on topix. You go from thread to thread telling other people what to do with their own property when it is doubtful you have done anything with your own. You know nothing about realestate vaulues of financing.
This town has a population of no more than 1600 citizens but you think people should be rushing to go into massive debt to fix up dilapidated old buildings that should have been torn down years ago.
Or perhaps you think the city should be begging the federal goverment for millions or dollars to fix up private property?
I think you should mind your own business and worry about your own property instead of other peoples.
dudley do right

Van, WV

#18 Jan 2, 2013
well mabey your right,since being in wyo co,for over 40 years,worked here all my life,and own 5 houses,and a farm,you may be right,i should have done like the rest of them filled my pockets and ran, only one thing i cared,but i still know the truth,and i dont have to get on topix and lie,and justify the things i have done,i may not be the brightest bulb,but at least my elervator goes all the way to the top , and there was people in mullens that got help from fma before the public did,the people built back,others got the money and didnt,i was there and know the truth,only people who get on here and bad mouth others try to make others look stuiped,and dont know what there talking about,i seen all kinds of buiss people with there hands held out,just like i did so please ,spare me the comments
fmrwvgal

Springfield, NJ

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Nelva Webster will leave the "building" to her son Sammy. He doesn't live here & could care less.
dudley do right

Van, WV

#20 Jan 2, 2013
so true,, and that is the problem no one does,its not just the old wyo hotel its the whole city

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 12 min Another Damn Liberal 101,926
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 47 min luci 11,462
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr brittany pierce b... 4,244
Wanna earn a little extra cash ? 19 hr Theplumber25 1
Discreet mfm hookups ? 19 hr Theplumber25 10
Lester cop in new charger (Apr '16) Sep 17 Lloyd Ward 7
Homecoming at East Sep 17 Happy 4

Mullens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages