Best Little League Baseball Players i...

Best Little League Baseball Players in the past 30 years

Posted in the Mullens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ole Baller

Beckley, WV

#1 Dec 23, 2009
Who can you think of?

“Let It Be”

Since: Aug 08

Mullens, West virginia

#2 Dec 23, 2009
Jerry Wesley White
Ole Baller

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 23, 2009
Scott Mills back in early 80's That All Star team was awesome Ed Williams pitching against Oceana if I can remember struck out 16 out of 18 batters
Awesome

Clear Spring, MD

#4 Dec 23, 2009
Glen Mcnew and Billy Bishop.Home runs to the road.Awesome pitchers.

“Montani Semper Liberi”

Since: Mar 08

Mullens

#5 Dec 23, 2009
Ole Baller wrote:
Scott Mills back in early 80's That All Star team was awesome Ed Williams pitching against Oceana if I can remember struck out 16 out of 18 batters
I played for the Methodist team with Scott. I wasn't on that all star team as I was younger than him. Scott was awesome. He played center field and nobody hit one by him. It seemed as if he could stand at second base and still get back to the fence in time to catch a line drive. Nobody got a hit on us if they hit it anywhere near center field. Our pitchers were told to not worry about throwing it too hard, jut get it over the plate and the defense would get them out.

Scott was pure athlete. I wonder why he didn't play high school sports. I remember him in gym class blocking everyone shots in basketball and then he wouldn't get stopped when he had the ball.
Dad

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 23, 2009
Man I remember those days. Brad Houck, Ed Williams, Scott Mills, Mike Lawson, Chris Workman. They had a good team. They beat Oceana in that tourney. I would be willing to bet that they were one of the best teams in Little League history. They outta start a Little League Hall Of Fame.
Homer

Beckley, WV

#7 Dec 24, 2009
Randall Bond, Joey Colbird, Mark Wingo, Clyde Sizemore, Bubby Steele, Scott Mills, Ed Williams, Glen Mcnew, Bill Bishop, really too many to say. Mullens always had great athletes.
cousin

United States

#8 Dec 24, 2009
Hey dont leave out Jimmy Hall and his brother Justin they were some great ball players.. Jimmy was a great pitcher and so was his brother Justin.. Justin could hit the ball out of the field.. and he was a good pitcher to..
old guy

United States

#9 Dec 25, 2009
I saw all of these guys play and they were all good. But none of them can compare with Joe Zeboskey! Jerome Anderson was also tremendous!
just sayin
#10 Dec 26, 2009
Clyde Sizemore's younger brother Aaron was a really good ball player
legend in his own mind

United States

#11 Dec 26, 2009
what bout sam stump ..... i hear he was a major stud ..... jock so big jonny holmes couldnt wear it :0)
WhOW

Oceana, WV

#12 Dec 26, 2009
legend in his own mind wrote:
what bout sam stump ..... i hear he was a major stud ..... jock so big jonny holmes couldnt wear it :0)
This is a clean discussion! Idiots need not reply!!
legend in his own mind

United States

#13 Dec 26, 2009
ahaha topix police ..... what he was a stud ... ask him
lol

Ithaca, NY

#14 Jan 9, 2010
when i hear the words little league baseball, i think of a kid that didnt play to long ago and i read above where someone struck 16 out of 18 batters out..well, this kid struck out 17 out of 18 batters and the reason i kno that is cause i was the coach of the other team..lol..and as long as i can remember, this kid never lost a game..travis mckinney!!!he was and still is one hell of a pitcher..and if u go back and look, i bet the all-star teams he was on won at least 6 championship flags!!
1997 Senior class

United States

#15 Jan 9, 2010
The best baseball team to come through Mullens was the 1997 senior class. They had some of the best players ever in Mullens. They won 2 state championships in babe Ruth and played in the national tournament. They were State Runner up in High School baseball that year. They also won 2 Little league state championships
bullcrap

Ithaca, NY

#16 Jan 10, 2010
mullens has never had a team to win the little league state championship..there has been one team to go to states since the 60's and that was the team in 2007
1 post removed
no it wasnt

Pineville, WV

#18 Jan 10, 2010
it wasnt 2007..it was the 2006 team
1997 Senior class

United States

#19 Jan 11, 2010
bullcrap wrote:
mullens has never had a team to win the little league state championship..there has been one team to go to states since the 60's and that was the team in 2007
Not true on either check with buttons seaton or Lonnie prilliman they coached these guys my son played.
wrong

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2010
the 95 graduating class was better then 97
bullcrap

Ithaca, NY

#21 Jan 11, 2010
QUOTE who="1997 Senior class"]<quoted text>
Not true on either check with buttons seaton or Lonnie prilliman they coached these guys my son played.

This is Little League,not Babe Ruth....Buttons and Lonnie coached and ran the Babe Ruth league and teams, I know because we sponsored a team for them, for years & years. Were talking little league age 9-12.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 38 min Dalai Lama 90,469
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 48 min -Prince- 10,099
Wyoming East 10 hr east 13
Places to swim 14 hr Bill 6
Twin Falls 23 hr ASSISTANCE 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed Bad ass visitor 1,342
Building near Wyoming hotel Tue Della 3

Mullens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages