Field trip on the 11/21/2012 to the m...

Field trip on the 11/21/2012 to the movies Mullens Middle School

Posted in the Mullens Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned parent

Pineville, WV

#1 Nov 16, 2012
My child came home and informed me that their bus was hit by a blue jeep. He said that they checked all the students out that were on the bus. When I called the principal and asked about what happened and why the parents were not informed by the Mullens Middle School staff I was told "why would we inform you" my reply was "because my child was on the bus" If your child went to this field trip please asked them if they were on the bus. I feel it is our right as parents to know what is happening to our children.
The Gospel

Beaver, WV

#2 Nov 16, 2012
I think you are just trying to start trouble, no one was harmed and everything was taken care of.. If your really a concerned parent , maybe you shouldn't drop your kids off at the mall and let them walk around by themselves instead of watching them like YOU should
concerned parent

Pineville, WV

#3 Nov 16, 2012
I know no one was harmed thank goodness. All I am saying is that the parents should have been informed about what happened. And as for my child walking around in the mall by themselves that will not happen anytime soon he is to young for that.
completely agree

Mullens, WV

#4 Nov 17, 2012
My child wasn't on that bus but if she had been I would be very angry if I had not been called and informed about the accident. You need to call the BOE and complain. Mr. B is a pompous ass. We have the right to know that our children were involved in an accident.
Teacher

Ravencliff, WV

#5 Nov 17, 2012
It wasn't a major accident, no one was hurt in any way. If the school would have started contacting parents there would have been major caous. The over dramatic parents would have came running and crying causing a scene "you know the ones" they always have something stired up and who post crap on topics. If its that important to you, go to the school and talk to them, don't be immature and put it on here. There were no injuries, there was no damage to the bus, all the proper procedures was taken and your children made it home safe! Keep it up and they will not allow field trips!
Trouble Makers

Pineville, WV

#6 Nov 17, 2012
It appears as if the people posting on here are not even from this school area. Look at the locations. Just wait until the next principle gets hired at that school. You will then realize how good you had it. You know what they say about HIND sight.
71 Rebel

Princeton, WV

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Teacher wrote:
It wasn't a major accident, no one was hurt in any way. If the school would have started contacting parents there would have been major caous. The over dramatic parents would have came running and crying causing a scene "you know the ones" they always have something stired up and who post crap on topics. If its that important to you, go to the school and talk to them, don't be immature and put it on here. There were no injuries, there was no damage to the bus, all the proper procedures was taken and your children made it home safe! Keep it up and they will not allow field trips!
Obviously, you are not a teacher if you can't even spell the word CHAOS correctly. Maybe you should have called yourself Doctor since you know that were no injuries or Lawyer since you no that all proper procedures were followed. As former employee of Wyoing County Schools, I know first hand that the principals and Mr. Blackwelll take short cuts around the safety of the students and that Mr. Blackwell will tell people and parents that it is none of their buisnes as to how he handles situations such as this. I know because that was exactly his response to me when my child was on a school bus that was involved in a head on collison with a car on a snow covered road several years ago and as it turned out, at least one student had broken ribs.
mms parent

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 17, 2012
My son was on that bus and I had to find out by other people when I ask my son what happen he told me that on the way back from the movies a car went under the end of the bus. He that the whole bus felt it and the cops were called. They did talk to the kids. I also call the school over this and Bradford told me that the parents didn't need to no cause no kid was hurt. I thought when a kid got a bus that the teacher and principal would be responsible for what happen to or kids. Now to find out their really not. The only reason the school says we shouldn't have been called is because they don't wont trouble. Well I plan on calling the board over this.
Bill

Clay, WV

#9 Nov 17, 2012
mms parent wrote:
My son was on that bus and I had to find out by other people when I ask my son what happen he told me that on the way back from the movies a car went under the end of the bus. He that the whole bus felt it and the cops were called. They did talk to the kids. I also call the school over this and Bradford told me that the parents didn't need to no cause no kid was hurt. I thought when a kid got a bus that the teacher and principal would be responsible for what happen to or kids. Now to find out their really not. The only reason the school says we shouldn't have been called is because they don't wont trouble. Well I plan on calling the board over this.
Your grammar is AWFUL!
71 Rebel

Princeton, WV

#10 Nov 18, 2012
mms parent wrote:
Good luck getting any satisfying answers from any of the board members in Wyoming County.
concerned parent

Pineville, WV

#11 Nov 19, 2012
I am glad that there are other parents that are concerned about their children's welfare. I will also be calling the Board of Education. I don't care if they do anything or not to the staff of Mullens Middle, but I am sure if enough caring parents would call the Board of Education maybe just maybe there will so hope if there is a next time the parents will be informed, like they should have been this time.
NOONE WAS CALLED

Hurricane, WV

#12 Nov 20, 2012
That suprises me that noone was called. Are the teachers/staff suppose to notify the parent if something occurs? This really disturbs me! I think everyone should go to the news. I would make sure everybody knew!
Oh Please

Lindside, WV

#13 Nov 21, 2012
You all are acting like a bunch of kids, Had it been serious,had they been late returning to school,you would have been notified,
There was no need, nothing more happened there,nor any differant than on the parking lot at all schools.I relize some of you are conerned parents,however most of you that are starting this crap are trouble makres, just a little something else to get you started, cause you LOVE THE DRAMA!!!I think the teachers and the driver handled things fine.
Come On Now

Charleston, WV

#14 Nov 21, 2012
Obviously, the people commenting on this saying that pretty much it was none of the parents business to be notified did not have a child on that bus at the time of the accident. My child wasn't on there, but as parents it is our right know and the it's the schools responsibility to notify!
Come On Now

Charleston, WV

#15 Nov 21, 2012
Trouble Makers wrote:
It appears as if the people posting on here are not even from this school area. Look at the locations. Just wait until the next principle gets hired at that school. You will then realize how good you had it. You know what they say about HIND sight.
And I am from this area. Itmann to be exact. ISP locations on here has nothing to do with it!
NOONE WAS CALLED

Hurricane, WV

#16 Nov 23, 2012
well i think if "anything" happens when a child is around "all" of the parents should be notified. No matter how little or big the situation is. If you dont want to be notified that is fine, hang up, but as for me, I wish to be notified of all istances that go on with my child. PERIOD!If that is too much for them, then they need to find another job.
Bill

Princeton, WV

#17 Nov 24, 2012
How about "nobody was called". LOL
what

Hurricane, WV

#18 Nov 24, 2012
what happened,who was driving? who was in charge of our children?
advice

Hansford, WV

#19 Nov 26, 2012
A piece of advice- go to the STATE! Do NOT call Blackwell. NOTHING will get done! The others were right. The only way to get anything done is to get wyoming county approached by their bosses!!
nope

Hansford, WV

#20 Nov 26, 2012
Um, no one got hurt. What kind of "something" do you want to have "done?" Yes, parents should have been notified, but obviously, this was not a serious accident. No one needs to be reprimanded. Grow up and stop the drama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 12 min Another Damn Liberal 101,579
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 4 hr luci 11,364
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 21 hr Just saying 4,194
Why Do People Always Try To Start Trouble ? (Dec '09) Thu No importance 52
Why can't they move on? (Jul '12) Thu No importance 104
matter of time (Apr '14) Thu No importance 5
Discreet mfm hookups ? Aug 8 RegularGuy 9

Mullens Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages