First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Need Advice

Pineville, WV

#1 Jul 2, 2010
I am curious what people pay for their power bills. I am hardly ever home and my power bill is 100 a month. Does that seem reasonable?

“monkey see, monkey do! ”

Since: Jun 10

a thousand miles from nowhere

#2 Jul 2, 2010
i run two window air conditioners most of the time, average of 13 hrs a day maybe mor maybe less and mine runs anywhere from 75-85/month do u have aep or union?
conservative

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2010
Need Advice wrote:
I am curious what people pay for their power bills. I am hardly ever home and my power bill is 100 a month. Does that seem reasonable?
I have union power and my bill was over $180 this month. This is not reasonable because I am conservative.

#4 Jul 2, 2010
you guys need to talk to the public service commission that does seem very unreasonable, even with rate hikes that is outrageous, i do live in a two bedroom trailer which is not as big as the average house but, it is all electric and i use the dishwasher everyday, washer and dryer, a/c and other thing and in the summer an abnormally high bill wouldn't even be $100!!
i'm not sure of the number but u guys should call i think its in the front of the phone book, remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
MRSWV

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2010
conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I have union power and my bill was over $180 this month. This is not reasonable because I am conservative.
Last winter my power bill was over 300 for about 3 months in a row its rediculous I have union p. my bill this month was over a 100 dont run it anymore than I used to did and used to during the summer months mine didnt go over 60 so its doubled. I dont know what people are going to do its crazy. Most of our family has app. and there bills are a lot cheaper.

#6 Jul 2, 2010
look at your bill and see how many kilowatt hours, and how much they charged.
post and compare
703kwh=$59.57
753kwh=$63.08
boom

United States

#7 Jul 3, 2010
Bull----Dozer wrote:
look at your bill and see how many kilowatt hours, and how much they charged.
post and compare
703kwh=$59.57
753kwh=$63.08
the reason union is so high is because they buy the power from aep and then charge the citizens of mullens a fee of their own and they have a monopoly and can charge whatever they wish sounds alot like unfair businees practices to me but what other choice do we have

#8 Jul 3, 2010
boom wrote:
<quoted text>the reason union is so high is because they buy the power from aep and then charge the citizens of mullens a fee of their own and they have a monopoly and can charge whatever they wish sounds alot like unfair businees practices to me but what other choice do we have
im kinda dumb about this type of thing but i thought it was illegal to have a monopoly it seems like i remember something like that from school, but im probably wrong. just sounds wrong to me to tell a whole town of citizens that they MUST recieve electricity from a company that charges too much. seems to me that there has to be something that can be done, i think the citizens of sophia went through something like this with black diamond power someone should call the public service commission and their area lawmakers, i am glad that i do not live in mullens where i would be subjected to this type of exploitation. what does aep tell someone if they live in mullens and call them to ask for service, are they not allowed to offer it? it's things like this make me glad that i live in a little one horse unincorporated town. and to think i actually wanted to move to mullens at one time HA! maybe its things like this that are behind the lack of growth in the community?!?
me too

Welch, WV

#9 Jul 3, 2010
Need Advice wrote:
im not happy with my bill either, i work all day and mine has been running between 40 and 60 bucks and now i got the new bill and its 120 bucks...im pissed and there is something going on with our bills increasing that much.
Need Advice

Pineville, WV

#10 Jul 3, 2010
I am literally gone all day until like 7pm and I turn everything off and unplug everything I can. I have central air, but I never run it during the day. I thought maybe they were estimating the bills becsause mine is they same every month which makes no sense because I was not working for a couple months and was home all day so I know I used more power then. Tell me how my bill can be the same when I am home running power all day then gone all day with nothing on and everything unplugged. BTW, I have Union and from what I can tell on my bill is says my meter goes up approx 1000 each reading. I have never ever seen anyone read it.
mom

Pineville, WV

#11 Jul 7, 2010
my bill never went under 600 for the winter months. I have a sick child in the house and have to keep it warm. what are we to do let our kids get pneumonia or die because we can;t afford our power bill. i can't go to wood or coal it has to be clean heat in my home. same for the summer last summer my bill was never over 120 and i run 5 a.c.s dishwasher and washer dryer. now my bill is 200 and i put new washer and dryer and two new a.c's in this year. what is up people. and if you don't pay your bill you can guarantee they will be calling hounding you for it.someone should start a petition or we should all call the public service commission.
You Aint Seen Nothing

United States

#12 Jul 7, 2010
Wait until Obama gets finished!
i agree

Pineville, WV

#13 Jul 7, 2010
me too wrote:
<quoted text>im not happy with my bill either, i work all day and mine has been running between 40 and 60 bucks and now i got the new bill and its 120 bucks...im pissed and there is something going on with our bills increasing that much.
I agree with you my bill is over a 100 dollars a month and i live by myself. I don't have air conditioning the only thing electric is my stove and hot water heater. I have a friend who's bill is 60 dollars a month and she run her central air unit all the time I cannot figure this one out and I am pissed also about my bill. What can be done about it if you don't pay it they will turn off your power??? If someone knows what to do please let me know....
i agree

Pineville, WV

#14 Jul 7, 2010
mom wrote:
my bill never went under 600 for the winter months. I have a sick child in the house and have to keep it warm. what are we to do let our kids get pneumonia or die because we can;t afford our power bill. i can't go to wood or coal it has to be clean heat in my home. same for the summer last summer my bill was never over 120 and i run 5 a.c.s dishwasher and washer dryer. now my bill is 200 and i put new washer and dryer and two new a.c's in this year. what is up people. and if you don't pay your bill you can guarantee they will be calling hounding you for it.someone should start a petition or we should all call the public service commission.
I agree we need to do something about union power this is getting out of hand and breaking me every month to pay such a high bill. I could see my bill being high if I had kids but I live by myself and I have no air conditioning in my house I also keep the lights off. Whats going on????
ripping ppl off

Pineville, WV

#15 Jul 7, 2010
the whole union power system is a joke, you can pay your bill in full and by the time the next bill comes out its over 200.00 I think that is a bunch of BS. it makes you wonder if there pocketing the money cause there forever sending out cutoff notices even though your bill isn't due.. I think the ppl need to check into this and I really think we all need new meters cause there as old as the town is.. Union power is forever ripping poor ppl off.. some ppl get help from the welfare system and when they pay your bill the ppl that works at Union power tries to say they haven't recieved it when you have already recieved your letter in the mail stateing how much was paid by DHHR. the old crew that worked at Union power was a hell of alot better than the 2 old ladies that work there now.. you can call and try to make payment arrangments but they want to get a attitude with you so guess what they got showed attitude there's alot of ppl that cant afford the high power bills but it seems like they try to make itas hard as possible on you.. everybody needs to go to the council meetings to put a stop to all of this BS...
Need Advice

Pineville, WV

#16 Jul 7, 2010
I called AEP today and asked them if I could get service in the downtown Mullens area and they said no. I ask them why people in Black Eagle could get service but not us. They said that you have to request they come in to serve the area and that it couln't just be one or two people it had to be the community. I told them I knew quite a few people fed up with paying way too much for their power bill. They told me we needed to contact the public utility commission and see what we could do.
MRSWV

United States

#17 Jul 7, 2010
Need Advice wrote:
I called AEP today and asked them if I could get service in the downtown Mullens area and they said no. I ask them why people in Black Eagle could get service but not us. They said that you have to request they come in to serve the area and that it couln't just be one or two people it had to be the community. I told them I knew quite a few people fed up with paying way too much for their power bill. They told me we needed to contact the public utility commission and see what we could do.
well keep us posted on this if you do cause I have family memebers who have aep and their billsa re a lot lower than ours and My family would def. sign a petition for aep to come to mullens. We cant afford outrageous power bills along with the water too.
Important Numbers

Pineville, WV

#18 Jul 7, 2010
There are number here where you can make complaints.
http://www.psc.state.wv.us/div/util.htm
MRSWV

United States

#19 Jul 7, 2010
If its the public service comm. forget it try the better business beurau.
class action

Laurinburg, NC

#20 Jul 7, 2010
Important Numbers wrote:
There are number here where you can make complaints.
http://www.psc.state.wv.us/div/util.htm
If at least 3 of you people are willing, we can participate in a class action suit and try to recover some of our money. Please pose on here if you are interested. I already have an attorney interested in taking this on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mullens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 3 hr thebest 9,813
Mayor of Mullens (Apr '08) 9 hr you betcha 91
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 15 hr West Hamlin folk 1,266
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 19 hr YIM 88,680
pranks Fri Curious 4
Wyo Co Court House Fri nice job 1
McDowell County of Pineville Topix Fri CHANGE NOW 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mullens Mortgages