Land deal with Klamath Tribes spurs c...

Land deal with Klamath Tribes spurs controversy

There are 32 comments on the Daily Journal of Commerce story from May 4, 2010, titled Land deal with Klamath Tribes spurs controversy. In it, Daily Journal of Commerce reports that:

A deal is being proposed in which 385 acres of land, including a portion occupied by Langdon Farms, would be placed in a trust for the Klamath Tribes of Chiloquin and then leased back to the current owners, Chris and Tom Maletis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Journal of Commerce.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Neptune

Montesano, WA

#1 May 4, 2010
Take this 385 acres build a mall hotel housing and a giant casino for the Klamath People. Do it now
No Way

Klamath Falls, OR

#2 May 4, 2010
I smell a rat , maybe Jeff ?
clue

Houston, TX

#3 May 5, 2010
Neptune its federal law that you can only have one casino per tribe.
Neptune

Montesano, WA

#4 May 5, 2010
I dont think you have a clue clue. there are many tribes with two casino's. we will only get what we fight for. what's sovereignty if we cant do what we need to do for our people? Create an adhoc to watch over the project so no ones like jeff lines his pockets again.
ClamityFlatsBlue s

Montesano, WA

#5 May 8, 2010
hmm, Neptune? Is that you BIA leader Stan Speaks?
Neptune

Montesano, WA

#6 May 14, 2010
No it is me Neptune. What you want?
Peanut

Montesano, WA

#7 May 19, 2010
Clue! Research Oklahoma. Comanche Tribe has multiple casinos, so YOU ARE WRONG!!!!! My brother lives there and I Know This!! YOU DON'T KNOW S#*+!!! HAHAHA!!! OHHHHH!! NDN's know more NDN law than you know about your own country's laws!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!
Two Wolves

Walnut Grove, CA

#8 May 19, 2010
Peanut wrote:
Clue! Research Oklahoma. Comanche Tribe has multiple casinos, so YOU ARE WRONG!!!!! My brother lives there and I Know This!! YOU DON'T KNOW S#*+!!! HAHAHA!!! OHHHHH!! NDN's know more NDN law than you know about your own country's laws!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!
Exactly! We need many more casinos now because we are losing revenue due to the lousy economy.
WHAT

Coos Bay, OR

#9 May 19, 2010
It's a LAW in OREGON each Tribe is only allowed ONE
Casino. When the SCAVENGER made this deal,Mitchell's only purpose was to make himself a Tribal Entity so he could get paid to himself through an LCC for life. Can't you see this is not about the Tribe! Any deal he has made is little understood, without the information readily available, and no transparency. Maelitis Brothers have been trying to use the Tribe for Trust purposes, and Profit, as far back as 2006 or more to originally have a Casino, but the Law does not allow it so they made up some other B.S. businesses to make money off the Tribe. Don't you recall the split is Mael Bros 75%-25%. With the Tribe taking all the RISK and LIABILTY not the Maelitis Brothers, look it up!
The Tribal Council was not suppose to move on anything other than gather information, when they voted in that Closed Meeting. The reason it was closed was because they would have to review the tape to know what you agreed upon, and the minutes could be readily asked for because of the rules in a closed meeting.
The reason we are losing revenue is because of management and misuse of Tribal Casino distribution. Fix your business here first, before your pursue other businesses. On top of THAT, this is why your Tribal Treaty rights are being compromised by Mitchell. You gave him a Blank Check without supervision or enforce Constitutional LAW to write Agreements that will affect you and all of Indian Country! When are you going to write your Legislators and fight the Legislation which will destroy the TRIBE? Who will really get anything in this Legislation?
Native American

Walnut Grove, CA

#10 May 19, 2010
WHAT wrote:
It's a LAW in OREGON each Tribe is only allowed ONE
Casino. When the SCAVENGER made this deal,Mitchell's only purpose was to make himself a Tribal Entity so he could get paid to himself through an LCC for life. Can't you see this is not about the Tribe! Any deal he has made is little understood, without the information readily available, and no transparency. Maelitis Brothers have been trying to use the Tribe for Trust purposes, and Profit, as far back as 2006 or more to originally have a Casino, but the Law does not allow it so they made up some other B.S. businesses to make money off the Tribe. Don't you recall the split is Mael Bros 75%-25%. With the Tribe taking all the RISK and LIABILTY not the Maelitis Brothers, look it up!
The Tribal Council was not suppose to move on anything other than gather information, when they voted in that Closed Meeting. The reason it was closed was because they would have to review the tape to know what you agreed upon, and the minutes could be readily asked for because of the rules in a closed meeting.
The reason we are losing revenue is because of management and misuse of Tribal Casino distribution. Fix your business here first, before your pursue other businesses. On top of THAT, this is why your Tribal Treaty rights are being compromised by Mitchell. You gave him a Blank Check without supervision or enforce Constitutional LAW to write Agreements that will affect you and all of Indian Country! When are you going to write your Legislators and fight the Legislation which will destroy the TRIBE? Who will really get anything in this Legislation?
400 years, and paleface fools are still trying to rip us off!!
Peanut

Montesano, WA

#11 May 20, 2010
Google the Maelitis brothers like I did, and find an Aurora Newspaper article that tells of the brothers hearing about WAYNE JOHNSON's 75/25 split with the Tribes, they felt was a joke!!$150 million that turned out to be a 75/24 split as Wayne Johnson proposed to Ed Mitchell and others here who would not pursue due diligence!! Wayne Johnson is in the Commercial Real Estate business, in which the industry succeeded with COD's and heavy development deals. But Wayne Johnson failed to report to us that along with his $150 million payback, we would get a $150 investment too!! That's not Good Business to tie with someone who could benefit 50/50 with us, and only reveals that he gets a 75/25 split because of how smart and white he is, and how dumb and Indian we are!!! Let's gain ties with people who want to be honest and regulated!! If you don't believe in me, then go his way, and see him get rich, and we don't!! Don't listen to my business degree!! Listen more to a Security Guard from the Running Y!! He's got years of working FOR a Business, and not in a management decision position!!
Deng

China

#12 May 20, 2010
The Natives in America should just tear up the illegal treaties and deport the then illegals back to where they come from.
Peanut

Montesano, WA

#13 May 20, 2010
If we are looking for Economic Development, let's do it at home! There are many Tribal members who voiced in the 2004 Community Needs Assessment that they would move Home if the Tribes' offered jobs at Home! Why add jobs away from home for those who voice to move home, if we offered jobs at Home? Let's readdress the 2004 Community Needs Assessment that will give our Tribes' a Home-Needed Comprehensive Plans from 2004! We want Casino Expansion that would open jobs at HOME instead of just in the Portland Area. KTEDC would rather hire white managers who would overlook tribal members and hire white employees like we already do in Chiloquin! Check out GeorGene Nelson's website, and see that KTEDC has hired a gray-haired GM for the Truck Stop!! Our own Tribal "managers" hire more bottom of the barrel whiteys before anybody who lives in Chiloquin! I have a Business Degree and CAN'T get an interview from my own people who promote education to our youth!! The white employers have failed to RETIRE with their business practices and we are suffering with the crash in their Economy!! So let's keep hiring old people who can't retire because they won't hire new business degrees!! It's time for us to take our lives into our own hands, instead of relying on those whose business practices have failed them in being able to retire!! 75% of those eligible to retire won't retire for the next 20 years! Experience will only keep us on the down and out!! White America is scrambling to try to find a way out, and they won't!! But keep hiring them and keep seeing a few bucks for our Per Capitas!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Keep me down, and you keep you down with a few bucks each year!! Or you gonna take a chance with those you paid education money to pursue college degrees?? You'll keep kissing white asses and our Per Caps will never grow!!!
Native American

Walnut Grove, CA

#14 May 20, 2010
Deng wrote:
The Natives in America should just tear up the illegal treaties and deport the then illegals back to where they come from.
Huh? We would have to deport every damn paleface in America!!
Peanut

Montesano, WA

#15 May 21, 2010
Yeah, Native American!!!! Every Paleface ever!!!!!!!!!! And send their Army crosses off our lands and back overseas, too!!! Only if Columbus landed on the left coast!!!
Native American

Inglewood, CA

#16 May 21, 2010
Peanut wrote:
Yeah, Native American!!!! Every Paleface ever!!!!!!!!!! And send their Army crosses off our lands and back overseas, too!!! Only if Columbus landed on the left coast!!!
I agree. We need to kick all their sorry asses back to Europe.
Peanut

Montesano, WA

#17 May 22, 2010
I heard the Tribal Secretary made a decision by herself, and when Chairman Frost found out, he addressed the Secretary that there are 10 members that need to have a meeting to hear it out and make a decision, rather than just one making a one-person decision!! That's Why I Voted For Gary Frost!! Tribal is by Committee!!! Not by one person!! Committee of Ten, as our Constitution States!!! YAY GARY!!! Tribal Chairman at HEART and at Tribal Heart!!!
Savage Resurgence

Chehalis, WA

#18 May 23, 2010
What Happen?
Peanut wrote:
I heard the Tribal Secretary made a decision by herself, and when Chairman Frost found out, he addressed the Secretary that there are 10 members that need to have a meeting to hear it out and make a decision, rather than just one making a one-person decision!! That's Why I Voted For Gary Frost!! Tribal is by Committee!!! Not by one person!! Committee of Ten, as our Constitution States!!! YAY GARY!!! Tribal Chairman at HEART and at Tribal Heart!!!
Neptune

Chehalis, WA

#19 May 23, 2010
3 words: Location, Location, Location
Peanut wrote:
If we are looking for Economic Development, let's do it at home! There are many Tribal members who voiced in the 2004 Community Needs Assessment that they would move Home if the Tribes' offered jobs at Home! Why add jobs away from home for those who voice to move home, if we offered jobs at Home? Let's readdress the 2004 Community Needs Assessment that will give our Tribes' a Home-Needed Comprehensive Plans from 2004! We want Casino Expansion that would open jobs at HOME instead of just in the Portland Area. KTEDC would rather hire white managers who would overlook tribal members and hire white employees like we already do in Chiloquin! Check out GeorGene Nelson's website, and see that KTEDC has hired a gray-haired GM for the Truck Stop!! Our own Tribal "managers" hire more bottom of the barrel whiteys before anybody who lives in Chiloquin! I have a Business Degree and CAN'T get an interview from my own people who promote education to our youth!! The white employers have failed to RETIRE with their business practices and we are suffering with the crash in their Economy!! So let's keep hiring old people who can't retire because they won't hire new business degrees!! It's time for us to take our lives into our own hands, instead of relying on those whose business practices have failed them in being able to retire!! 75% of those eligible to retire won't retire for the next 20 years! Experience will only keep us on the down and out!! White America is scrambling to try to find a way out, and they won't!! But keep hiring them and keep seeing a few bucks for our Per Capitas!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Keep me down, and you keep you down with a few bucks each year!! Or you gonna take a chance with those you paid education money to pursue college degrees?? You'll keep kissing white asses and our Per Caps will never grow!!!
Peanut

Montesano, WA

#20 May 24, 2010
Location! Location! Location! was key in old school market economy strategies!! How far out of the way do Americans have to drive to go to Reno or Las Vegas? So far into the desert that we have to wonder why? New School Business Degrees were taught the ways of WHY, so why are we not relying on the new school degrees, when the old school degrees can't retire, and the economy is in the gutter?! They've failed to retire, yet our businesses keep hiring them for their experience, and our per caps keep getting smaller? UHHHH.....Their experience is not paying off?! Maybe it's time to hire new business degrees who were taught by the successful businesses who did not need government bailouts!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mulino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illegal Immigrant Deported Six Times Since 2003... Jul 6 Cat 74 18
News Another mass shooting by an illegal immigrant w... Jul 3 tomin cali 1
hubbard police (May '08) May '16 Redfield557 71
Canby Disposal Spring Clean Day? (Apr '10) Apr '16 Tony123 9
News Metro Council ratifies Riverwalk agreement Apr '16 flood gates 1
News Oregon City's newest heroes: Clackamas Fire Hil... Apr '16 flood gates 1
News 4 Oregon companies doing milk the old-school way Feb '16 JANE 1

Mulino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mulino Mortgages