Do We Need A New President?

Do We Need A New President?

Posted in the Muldrow Forum

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
MistyGirl

United States

#1 Aug 16, 2011

We all have experienced the choices that are made in Washington D.C. and most of us have formed an opinion of what needs to be done for America to get back on it's feet again.

Do you support the direction Obama has taken this country? Or, do you feel that it's time to change the direction we are currently going and "hire" a new President?

I look forward to your comments.
MistyGirl

United States

#2 Aug 17, 2011
As of today Pawlenty is out and now Rick Perry, governor of Texas has throw his hat into the presidential race. Today I watched a interview on GMA with Donald Trump, well he spoke highly of Perry's record and said he liked him as a candidate. Don't know if that will be helpful to the Perry Campaign or not.

We know Obama is the democratic incumbent and he isn't playing golf he's been on a bus tour and giving speeches regarding another committee he's formed to study the best and quickest ways to produce jobs for Americans. Obama will announce in the coming weeks more information on his "plan".
Should be interesting to hear his campaign plan, I mean jobs plan.

Did you guys see those new buses Obama ordered to take this bus tour? High tech and very very expensive but he is the prez!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#3 Aug 17, 2011
Hmmmm, you mean he just now getting the fact something needs to be done about getting people back to work. A little on the slow side if you ask me!
Modern Man

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Aug 17, 2011
CBS News just reported that President Obama has taken 61 vacation days in the 31 months he has been in office. Is this true? Claimed Bush II had taken 180 days in the same time frame. And Clinton 28.??????
MistyGirl

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2011
Modern Man wrote:
CBS News just reported that President Obama has taken 61 vacation days in the 31 months he has been in office. Is this true? Claimed Bush II had taken 180 days in the same time frame. And Clinton 28.??????
Bush II took 180 days in less than 3 years?...well I don't think that is correct. Remember 9/11 happened within the first year of his presidency and all I remember is frantic work trying to keep from another attack happening.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#6 Aug 17, 2011
Modern Man wrote:
CBS News just reported that President Obama has taken 61 vacation days in the 31 months he has been in office. Is this true? Claimed Bush II had taken 180 days in the same time frame. And Clinton 28.??????
I heard that also. I also heard the Reagan took the least amount of days off while President.
MistyGirl

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2011
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that also. I also heard the Reagan took the least amount of days off while President.
Bush II presidency I don't remember him being on vacation for 180 days in less than 3 years. I mean that's 60 days (2 months) every year. Plus Obama hasn't been in office exactly 3 years so the number of vacation days compared to time served goes up.

I wonder if they are counting days he spent in Camp David (working vacation)and I think he did a working vacation at his Waco Ranch, if memory serves me correct.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#8 Aug 17, 2011
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush II presidency I don't remember him being on vacation for 180 days in less than 3 years. I mean that's 60 days (2 months) every year. Plus Obama hasn't been in office exactly 3 years so the number of vacation days compared to time served goes up.
I wonder if they are counting days he spent in Camp David (working vacation)and I think he did a working vacation at his Waco Ranch, if memory serves me correct.
Most of his vacation I believe was retreats to the Bush Ranch in Texas.
Packing Heat

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2011
Hey MistyGirl, this is almost like a house warming, lol. It will be great if we manage to keep the liberal retards out and have a civil discussion about the problems we face as a nation. I look forward to hearing yours and others real thoughts about the mess we as a nation are in. One thing is certain that it is time for Obama to go. In response to your reply back at the other thread, yes it has been awhile. I took the children and grandchildren to the lake and we had a blast. More about that later but anyway glad you started a new thread. Hope all is going well your way and a big hello to TAMARA too.
MistyGirl

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2011
Well the bus tour and the NEW commission Obama is implementing on jobs to find better quicker ways to create jobs. Another commission when he doesn't take the recommendations from the other bi-partisan commissions.

Then he said he would be giving another speech to the American People to tell us all about this commission's findings which should be sometime in September, so that's a few weeks from now. So he's going to make a beautiful speech we will feel all warm and fuzzy until we walk outside our homes into the real world.

Been there and done that. What about our Summer of Recovery? What about all those shovel ready jobs, and more jobs and more jobs? Only there isn't any jobs...I'm TIRED of speeches it's time for action!

We need someone who can communicate with the American People but also the ability to execute programs that actually benefit the American People. Someone who knows how to create jobs!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#11 Aug 17, 2011
Packing Heat wrote:
Hey MistyGirl, this is almost like a house warming, lol. It will be great if we manage to keep the liberal retards out and have a civil discussion about the problems we face as a nation. I look forward to hearing yours and others real thoughts about the mess we as a nation are in. One thing is certain that it is time for Obama to go. In response to your reply back at the other thread, yes it has been awhile. I took the children and grandchildren to the lake and we had a blast. More about that later but anyway glad you started a new thread. Hope all is going well your way and a big hello to TAMARA too.
Hello back at you! Been wondering what happened to you. You have had a better time at the lake then I have had here. Cleaning up after the 100 mile winds that went thru Edmond.
MistyGirl

United States

#12 Aug 17, 2011
Packing Heat wrote:
Hey MistyGirl, this is almost like a house warming, lol. It will be great if we manage to keep the liberal retards out and have a civil discussion about the problems we face as a nation. I look forward to hearing yours and others real thoughts about the mess we as a nation are in. One thing is certain that it is time for Obama to go. In response to your reply back at the other thread, yes it has been awhile. I took the children and grandchildren to the lake and we had a blast. More about that later but anyway glad you started a new thread. Hope all is going well your way and a big hello to TAMARA too.
Glad you made it over here. I hope we can have a civil discussion here that is lacking in some threads. Nice to hear you and your grandkids are enjoying the lake! If we could have skipped having children and gone right to grandkids wouldn't life be awesome? Nah, just kidding I loved being a mom too!

:)
Packing Heat

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2011
MistyGirl wrote:
Well the bus tour and the NEW commission Obama is implementing on jobs to find better quicker ways to create jobs. Another commission when he doesn't take the recommendations from the other bi-partisan commissions.
Then he said he would be giving another speech to the American People to tell us all about this commission's findings which should be sometime in September, so that's a few weeks from now. So he's going to make a beautiful speech we will feel all warm and fuzzy until we walk outside our homes into the real world.
Been there and done that. What about our Summer of Recovery? What about all those shovel ready jobs, and more jobs and more jobs? Only there isn't any jobs...I'm TIRED of speeches it's time for action!
We need someone who can communicate with the American People but also the ability to execute programs that actually benefit the American People. Someone who knows how to create jobs!


Yeah his one nation under the bus tour, I am still waiting on a thank you card for the bus he bought out of taxpayer funds for him to campaign in because that is what it is all about. As for another commission or even another boring speech, he should save it and try putting it in writing and mail it. Hell the post office needs all the help they can get and no teleprompter needed. As for that warm fuzzy feeling, I can handle that on my own without any help from Obama. I get that every time gold goes up in price, lol.

Those shovel ready jobs were not so shovel ready as he admitted the other week. He knew that when he was blowing smoke up everyone hind side. I agree we need someone who can communicate to the American people but also someone who understands we have the shrink Government back to what it was originally intended for. Also as for the jobs needed and the economy to rebound, that will require getting the Government out of the way and let the free market do what it does best, more on that later.
Packing Heat

United States

#14 Aug 17, 2011
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Hello back at you! Been wondering what happened to you. You have had a better time at the lake then I have had here. Cleaning up after the 100 mile winds that went thru Edmond.


It is good to be back in a way but have to admit was having a good time. It is great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the mess the storms brought to you but I am thrilled to know you are still here with us and that is the bright side of it.
Packing Heat

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2011
MistyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you made it over here. I hope we can have a civil discussion here that is lacking in some threads. Nice to hear you and your grandkids are enjoying the lake! If we could have skipped having children and gone right to grandkids wouldn't life be awesome? Nah, just kidding I loved being a mom too!
:)


Thank you for inviting me over here. As for children and grandchildren, long story short I am going back this weekend without them. I showed them a good time and now it is my turn. More on that when I return, lol. I am here for the rest of the week (2 more days) so we have a few days to discuss this mess we as a nation are in.
Packing Heat

United States

#18 Aug 19, 2011
For those who remember this event can now know the truth that Obama was in fact a liar. This is one of the many things this Administration has done and then lied about it.

One of the most widely discussed events from Obama’s first year in office was his confrontation with Congressman Joe Wilson(R-SC) during an Obamacare sales pitch. Nobody remembers anything Obama said – nobody can remember anything he said yesterday – but everyone remembers Joe Wilson’s interruption, shouted before a national media audience and a joint session of Congress:

“You lie!”

Wilson apologized, but the Democrat-controlled House ultimately voted 240-179 to censure him. He became a devil figure for the Left, but was re-elected in 2010.

What did Obama say to set Wilson off, anyway? Just this:“There are those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I’m proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally.”

Today we learn, from CNS News, that the Department of Health and Human Services is shoveling $28.8 million worth of Obamacare loot out to community health centers, including $8.5 million to “target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers.”

And guess what? Grant recipients “will not check the immigration status of people seeking services.”
“Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center,”[Heath Resources and Services Administration Spokeswoman Judy] Andrews said.

Further, the grant recipients are required to serve "all residents" who walk through their doors.
“The Program’s authorizing statute does not affirmatively address immigration status,” said Andrews.“Rather, it simply states that health centers are required to provide primary health care to all residents of the health center's service area without regard for ability to pay.”

This is not surprising in the least. Everyone knew it would happen. That’s why Joe Wilson was entirely correct when he called Barack Obama a liar.

Game, set, and match to Wilson.
MistyGirl

United States

#20 Aug 19, 2011
I Know You Favorite Movie You'd Most Enjoy!!!

Now if you do the math right. This amazing math quiz can predict which of the 18 movies you would enjoy the most. It really works.

Movie Test: Pick a number 1-9, multiply by 3. Add 3. Multiply by 3 again. Now add two digits of your answer together to find your predicted movie from the list of 18 movies below.

1. Gone With the Wind
2. E.T.
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good,the Bad and the Ugly
7. Jaws
8. Grease
9. The Obama Farewell Speech
10.Casablanca
11.Jurassic Park
12.Shrek
13.Pirates of the Carribean
14.Titanic
15.Raiders of the Lost Ark
16.Home Alone
17.Mrs. Doubtfire
18.Toy Story

Now, ain't that something?

*For entertainment purposes only :)
Packing Heat

United States

#21 Aug 19, 2011
MistyGirl wrote:
I Know You Favorite Movie You'd Most Enjoy!!!
Now if you do the math right. This amazing math quiz can predict which of the 18 movies you would enjoy the most. It really works.
Movie Test: Pick a number 1-9, multiply by 3. Add 3. Multiply by 3 again. Now add two digits of your answer together to find your predicted movie from the list of 18 movies below.
1. Gone With the Wind
2. E.T.
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good,the Bad and the Ugly
7. Jaws
8. Grease
9. The Obama Farewell Speech
10.Casablanca
11.Jurassic Park
12.Shrek
13.Pirates of the Carribean
14.Titanic
15.Raiders of the Lost Ark
16.Home Alone
17.Mrs. Doubtfire
18.Toy Story
Now, ain't that something?
*For entertainment purposes only :)
I have to admit it is amazing. It picked my most favorite movie I can hardly wait to see. Too bad it is not being released today because it would make for a great Friday night movie that a majority of Americans want to see now.

The only thing I can think of I would enjoy more is to watch to Barrack Hussein Obama Impeachment Proceedings.
MistyGirl

United States

#22 Aug 19, 2011
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit it is amazing. It picked my most favorite movie I can hardly wait to see. Too bad it is not being released today because it would make for a great Friday night movie that a majority of Americans want to see now.
The only thing I can think of I would enjoy more is to watch to Barrack Hussein Obama Impeachment Proceedings.
Picked mine too. But I'm ready for this chapter to be over, so much damage in so little time. From my point of view we have alot of rebuilding to do, no need to make anything worse than it already is, let's just get this over with a.s.a.p.
MistyGirl

United States

#23 Aug 21, 2011
Social Security Disability on verge of insolvency!

2011, a projected 3.3 million to apply for federal disability benefits. 700,000 more than in 2008.

Due to the loss of jobs and lack of job availability more are applying for federal disability benefits as the disability payments are higher than on retirement benefits. Even though this process can take up to 2 years to complete.

*Michael Astrue, Social Security Commissioner
*AP article,Stephen Ohlemacher,8/21/2011 9:17 EDT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muldrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
firstar vp is a joke 13 hr Heard about it too 15
sallisaw marines (Mar '15) Mar 20 Steve 6
Diamond net Mar 19 City man 11
Mid America Game Club (Jul '15) Mar 16 Night train gamefarm 19
Jumper Mar 16 Lol 2
Who is in charge of rodeos in your town? (Jan '07) Mar 13 DESTINIE JUPIN 4
Diamond Net Lost Cause (May '10) Mar 13 barryadamar 53

Muldrow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muldrow Mortgages