Dismayed mother seeks missing daughter

Dismayed mother seeks missing daughter

There are 69 comments on the Sequoyah County Times story from Sep 2, 2010, titled Dismayed mother seeks missing daughter. In it, Sequoyah County Times reports that:

Fliers with photos of Carrie Marie Youngs and Michael Lee Baker are posted everywhere Sherri Youngs and her family can put them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sequoyah County Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wtf

Mcalester, OK

#1 Sep 4, 2010
How can any mother let her 16 yr old daughter hang out with a 33 yr old man? Mom should be the one who goes to jail...... This just makes me mad! Maybe the mom was getting meth from the guy for a good price or something. She has to be on drug's to let her daughter hang out with a MAN. She is just a child and I hope the police find her and get her back home safely.
tippy

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2010
I agree why would you allow your 16 yr old daughter to hang out with a 33 yr old man. It would be one thing if he was the father of a friend or even had kids himself and she babysat. But to just let your daughter hang out with a 33 yr old man and assume they are just friends. Thats absurd. I bet the mom is feeling really bad and probably blaming herself. Isnt the age of consent in ok 16?
open minded

Sallisaw, OK

#3 Sep 14, 2010
i like how you out of towners like to butt in, go to your own town and leave you stupid remarks there!!!!!!
use your head

Chouteau, OK

#4 Sep 14, 2010
open minded wrote:
i like how you out of towners like to butt in, go to your own town and leave you stupid remarks there!!!!!!
With an attitude like yours is the very reason this girl is in the condition she is in today.
If the mother of this girl had felt the way we feel then her little 16 year old daughter would be at home with her today instead of off somewhere with a 33 year old male pervert.
open minded

Sallisaw, OK

#5 Sep 14, 2010
use your head wrote:
<quoted text>
With an attitude like yours is the very reason this girl is in the condition she is in today.
If the mother of this girl had felt the way we feel then her little 16 year old daughter would be at home with her today instead of off somewhere with a 33 year old male pervert.
how many kids have you raised??
Wake Up

Sallisaw, OK

#6 Sep 14, 2010
Any so called mother that lets her under age daughter hang with a 33 yr old man is the PROBLEM. People like that need to be locked up and have their kids removed from their home. And yes i live in Sallisaw, Its people like her that makes it bad on the rest of us that keep up with what our kids do, and who they run with and not let them run WILD. GET OFF the PILLS..Yes i know who you are. And the woman that took the man and the girl to the bus in Fort Smith should go to JAIL. IM sure she has broke a law by helping them leave... And just so you know i raised 3 kids and 2 are girls NEVER had a problem...
tippy

Winslow, AR

#7 Sep 15, 2010
open minded wrote:
ah..I do live in Muldrow. So I'm not an out-of-towner. So don't go assuming things you don't know.
open minded

Sallisaw, OK

#8 Sep 16, 2010
tippy wrote:
<quoted text>
ah..I do live in Muldrow. So I'm not an out-of-towner. So don't go assuming things you don't know.
it said ft smith..smarty pants!!!!!!
Unbelievable

Sallisaw, OK

#9 Sep 17, 2010
open minded wrote:
<quoted text> it said ft smith..smarty pants!!!!!!
Neither one of them lived in Ft. Smith...anyway she has been found safe and sound and the pervert is in jail !!!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 17, 2010
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither one of them lived in Ft. Smith...anyway she has been found safe and sound and the pervert is in jail !!!
Good to hear that she was found and is safe. I feel like there still should be some looking into of the women who took them to the bus station. I think she should have used better judgement.
Carrie Youngs

Lincoln, NE

#11 Sep 18, 2010
well i'm the "found missing teen" and Micheal is not a perv. hes an amazing person so you can eff yourself! and my mother is feeding everyone a bunch of BS. First off HE DID NOT KIDNAP ME i begged to go with him. And it was the GREATEST 3 weeks of my life! if it wasn't for my dad i'd still be missing. ya'll are all stupid for listening to my mother. shes all doped up. in the article it says i stayed at a friends house.....thats a LIE i was at home my mom was at my cousins house doing dope! and she also said my sister was picking me up from school....LIE my cousin was gonna pick me up. she is not even giving me my clothes because she bought them. and she wants my cell phone back too. and both her and her boyfriend are threatning my dad and step mother. Her "wonderful" boyfriend has hit me before and she still decides to stay with him... great mom huh? My mom needs serious help. Pray for her please.... she needs it!
Christina Youngs

Lincoln, NE

#12 Sep 18, 2010
I am Carrie's step mother. I am pretty sure the Sallisaw newspaper stopped allowing people to post comments on the website of the original article, because I was bashing the police department there. Carrie's mother is sick in the head, and has serious issues. During our entire trip to and from Atlanta, my husband and I were both harassed and threatend by Sherri(Carrie's mother) and her boyfriend and other members of her family that live in Sallisaw. We are going to have to get our numbers changed because when Sherri gets all twacked out she starts blowing up our phones and sending terrible messages on our phones, her boyfriend does as well. Sherri allowed Micheal Baker to stay in her home for three months prior to Carrie running away, of course she failed to mention that in her report in the newspaper article, and the reason being that she was getting meth from Baker. I just wanted to clear the record and give a fact based description of events since Carrie has been found. I am expecting a personal attack to be posted by one of the crazy meth addicts that are most, (not all) of her family members. And I will address that issue now, her father and I are not on drugs of any kind, that are not prescribed, just to get the record straight before that allegation is made. Carrie is moving on with her life, Micheal Baker is in jail, and we all live happily ever after. Thank you all so much for those of you that offered positive advice and feedback, and also for your prayers, God bless you all.
Your Girls

Mcalester, OK

#13 Sep 18, 2010
Carrie Youngs wrote:
well i'm the "found missing teen" and Micheal is not a perv. hes an amazing person so you can eff yourself! and my mother is feeding everyone a bunch of BS. First off HE DID NOT KIDNAP ME i begged to go with him. And it was the GREATEST 3 weeks of my life! if it wasn't for my dad i'd still be missing. ya'll are all stupid for listening to my mother. shes all doped up. in the article it says i stayed at a friends house.....thats a LIE i was at home my mom was at my cousins house doing dope! and she also said my sister was picking me up from school....LIE my cousin was gonna pick me up. she is not even giving me my clothes because she bought them. and she wants my cell phone back too. and both her and her boyfriend are threatning my dad and step mother. Her "wonderful" boyfriend has hit me before and she still decides to stay with him... great mom huh? My mom needs serious help. Pray for her please.... she needs it!
I am so sorry to hear about the life your mom has given you, but you are a teenager, you have no right to be with a 33 yr old. He is no good for you and if he wants to be with a 16 yr old then there is something seriously wrong with him. Go live your life and be a teenager, and as for your mom hopefully she will get some help. Also I hope she get's off the dope, after all she is a mother with children who need a mom. God Bless you and stay away from grown men.
Unbelievable

Sallisaw, OK

#14 Sep 18, 2010
I had pretty much already figured out that your mom has some serious issues to let her 16 year old daughter hang out with a 33 year old. I hope you will take some advice Carrie...if this guy was supplying dope to your mother he is not a nice guy and you will end up just like her if you continue to hang around people like him !!! I hope you will listen to your dad and step-mom and stay with them. God Bless you and keep you.
Carrie Youngs

Lincoln, NE

#15 Sep 19, 2010
okay thanks for the advice but you cant control who your heart falls for... yea hes got a bad past and yea hes older but people change..... and my cousin was 17 when her and her 46 year old husband meet. But no one had a problem with that..i'm not trying to diss my cousin i love her i was just bringing that up...
From experience

Sallisaw, OK

#16 Sep 19, 2010
Carrie! When i was almost 19 i met a man that was 29, I thought he was the one that god sent to me, He was so good to me.(People tried to tell me) Boy was i wrong!!!He was an ex drugie, One day he got with some of his old friends and used again after 10 yrs of not using.I had and still have NOT used any drugs ever and he took me out in the country and BEAT me SOOO bad I thought i was going to DIE. And i thought it was love, Man was i stupid.. But god did send me my TRUE love when i was 21 and that was 30 yrs ago..
fed up

Fort Smith, AR

#17 Sep 21, 2010
this is a bunch of bullcrap i know for a fact that sherri(the mother) is a great mom and is not a drug user at all her ex husband and his wife are lying to make them look good and it was already told that there was a couple of mistakes that the paper made being the two points that were made and inturn it is the stepmother and father bashing sherri not the other way around sherri has done and will do anything in the world for her kids yes carrie is living with them for no other reason than he has custody of her
dismayed mother

Fort Smith, AR

#18 Sep 21, 2010
it appears that everyone is only listening to one side of this story!!!for one the reason why carrie is bashing me is because he father and step mother picked her up spreading lies automaticly and for the drug habit it is easier for chris to point fingers when she is a weed smoker which carrie told me about and her father is a pill popper and this coming from carrie!!!plus they want to leave out that two and half years ago carrie came to live with me cuz chris was slappin carrie in the face but they choose to leave that out and as for my boyfriend hitting carrie that is also a lie cuz he treated her better than her own father which would never send a birthday or christmas card at anytime that i had carrie, she even would never get phone calls from him, she would always have to call him!!and while i hadf her for those two and half years i was paying for everything without any help fron
m her father while he continued to get child support from me, but of course that was also unsaid..plus he has two other children here a 21 year old son and 20 year old daughter which he shows no care for...if you do not believe any of this i do have documented proof!!! i am done with the lies that are being told and will nt stand for it anymore!!!!carrie is just being hateful cuz she wouldnt be able to run the streets here because she would be grounded and on house arrest where her father and chris are letting her run the streets as we speak in lincoln, nebraska and no punishment for what she has done including being busted aug 15th with baker in a motel room while he was manifacuring drugs and had a loaded weapon,,and she knows very well that she wasnt even aloud to be with him when this happened...so i say to you carrie if you wanna tell about something try the truth cuz mom does not deserve what you are saying and treating me cuz i have and always will love you and do anything for you!!!
doesnt matter

Sallisaw, OK

#19 Sep 21, 2010
honestly i dont think carrie is posting anything on the internet at all. I think its her twisted pill popping step mother. Theres a reason Carrie moved to Sallisaw with HER MOTHER Sherri. Because she couldnt stand her step mother and her dad wouldnt do anything about it! And the only reason shes with her dad now is because he got there before sherri could and he has custody of her. But for the last 2 years Carrie has lived with Sherri. Sherri has yet to talk to her daughter because her pill popping step dog and her dad wont let her which is pretty shitty . Regardless carries dad and sherri both brought carrie into this world together and he should have enough respect as to let her talk to her daughter. As for the pill popping step mom...she needs to mind her own business. Shes not your kid. And as for the drug bullshit, Sherri isnt on drugs. Sherri is a good mother who loves her kids and trusted her daughters to make the right choices in life. who doesnt? when your kids never get in trouble or do anything wrong why would you not trust them? And come on now if Sherri was honestly on meth i think she would be quite a bit smaller then she is and have nasty teeth and tweaker sores. Everyone can clearly look at Sherri and tell shes not on drugs. So come on mrs nebraska pill popper usa come up with some more lies. because we all standing behind sherri 100% and you can drug test everyone of us and we will all pass. so BRING ON! Because we wont stop until Carrie is safe and sound back with her mother the person that really loves and cares about her! Instead of step mom and dad that are just lookin for an easy hand out in the welfare line. Oh and the joys of paying back all that child support sherri still paid ya'll the two years carrie lived with her. Oh and they dont take food stamps for repayment....just so you know!
Tired of Liars

Lincoln, NE

#20 Sep 21, 2010
SherriYoungs allowed Micheal Baker to live at her house for three months and has not even called Carrie at all as she lies about in her article. For fed up Earl's other daughter you should not be sticking up for your mother, she is a sorry excuse for a woman and all Kellie was concerned about when she called was whether Carrie would be punished, as Sherri so blatantly points out. Carrie was allowed to run the streets wild while in her mother's care, if she wasn't then how did she end up in a room with a man cooking meth? Because Sherri is too busy using meth. I have documented proof of that from the papers my husband has when he divorced her, and for a woman who would do anything for her kids she wont even bring or allow us to get Carries clothing and other personal items. Sherri, we are not the ones everyone is bashing. It's you. And do you know why? Because you are a liar, and you're an idiot. You are jealous of me, you are jealous that Carrie wants nothing to do with you, and would rather be in a drug free environment. Sherri refuses to give Carrie's clothing back, and like a 5 year old child who doesn't get their way, she wants the cell phone she gave to Carrie back too.You are pathetic Sherri, your daughter doesn't want to be with you because your boyfriend is abusive, and when she confided in you, you did nothing... that is why Carrie ran away. Carrie's father and I spent 900 dollars and spent 40 hours in a car to get Carrie from Atlanta. What did you do? Posted a few fliers when you already knew she was gone. Grow up Sherri, you are a sorry excuse for a mother and the only reason your other children stick around you is to do meth with you. I will have Carrie herself respond to your unfounded allegations that I have ever touched her except to hug her. Don't get it twisted and accuse me of the things your"man" has done.... and he's done a whole lot more than that. You and your other daughter seem quiet concerned about how Carrie should be punished. You didn't even want her once she was found, you told my husband you were going to lock her up. Carrie is moving on with her life, in a drug, abusive free environment. You also stated (and I have kept ALL of your disgusting messages) that you didn't want Carrie because "she lies and starts drama. Not one bad thing has been posted against EJ and I that wasn't posted by you or one of your druggie pals. All you are accomplishing by lying on this web site is making yourself look and sound stupider than you already are. And does anyone believe that Carrie would want to be with us especially me if she was being "slapped"? if Carrie was so afraid of her dad, then why did she call him when she was found and not you? Because you take your man's word over your own child. Stop having your daughter call me because you are afraid of a real woman, you never even cared about your kids enough to show up in divorce court to establish custody, you were unemployed, strung out and out of town. THAT is why you don't have custody of Carrie. Im alot smarter than you and any more "proof" or claims that you dream up I will quickly dispute. Your daughter wants nothing to do with you and hasn't contacted you because you are very sick in the head. Move on Sherri nobody cares what you say. Read the first post at the top, pretty much says it all doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muldrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This is the oracle 1 hr Oracle 1
Is Smiley Crooks back on the MPD? Sep 15 OMG 4
sallisaw sucks big time (Nov '08) Sep 14 Sad for you 147
307 SE 7th Sep 11 7th Street Snitch 1
Ashley Parkins (Feb '17) Sep 8 Username55 19
Muldrow pd Sep 8 WRONG LEO ALLEN... 4
Diamond Net Lost Cause (May '10) Sep 7 Barryadamar 58

Muldrow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance