County 911 board chairman resigns in protest of commissioners' ...

Full story: Sequoyah County Times

Claiming politics were responsible, Charles a oeChucka Wyckoff of Sallisaw resigned from the Sequoyah County 911 board Monday when county commissioners did not reappoint a member to the board.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Best Wishes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

Judged:

I've been told that Mr. Wyckoff was a one man show as the chairman of the 911 board. The other two members were just yes men. Change is good and you couldn't ask for a better person to fill such a position than Cliff Fritts. He is very experienced in the emergency field and will do great on the 911 board.
Ruben

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

maybe after 3 years in the making the system will be completed. those guys were just there for status quo. Tracy looked like somebody that lived under a bridge and nobody on the area fire departments could stand him because he was a one man show and tried to be the king bee. All he was interested in was getting his name in the paper and wanted recognition for everything that any fire department on the west end done. Ole Chuck was just a big joke and thought by resigning, he would get sympathy. Change will be good!
Ruben

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

Mr. Fritts would make a great Emergency Management Director too. Maybe the commissioners can replace the nut Keathly with him.
Clifford Fritts

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Thank you all for your support. I wish that I could have done more for 911, unfortunately the D.A. felt as if it was a conflict of interest so I was removed. I have been told that our lovely sherrif put a bug in someone's ear, and that's how it got to the D.A. At any rate, I hope that the new board will move forward. There are many positive changes that could be made to the 911 system in our county.
so you are complaining

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

Clifford Fritts wrote:
Thank you all for your support. I wish that I could have done more for 911, unfortunately the D.A. felt as if it was a conflict of interest so I was removed. I have been told that our lovely sherrif put a bug in someone's ear, and that's how it got to the D.A. At any rate, I hope that the new board will move forward. There are many positive changes that could be made to the 911 system in our county.
The sheriff put a bug in the DA's ear that there was a possible violation of the law and you want sympathy? The complaint was obviously NOT unfounded or you would not have been unseated! Just by your statement it's clear that you have no regard for rules and regulations and the county doesn't need anymore of that! I'm just amazed you didn't get through the good ole boy system like so many others have. Our "lovely sheriff" may be trying to turn things around.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

Please, the only turn around our sheriff has managed is turning around 12 years of progress. Now the drug abusers, molesters, thieves and abusers are dictating his policies and telling him who he should and shouldn't be arresting. But hey, I guess when maggotts are the ones that voted you in you should scratch their backs. Too bad that making sure the people who BREAK the law are safe is the only campaign promise that Lockhart has kept so far.
Oh please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

wow wrote:
Please, the only turn around our sheriff has managed is turning around 12 years of progress. Now the drug abusers, molesters, thieves and abusers are dictating his policies and telling him who he should and shouldn't be arresting. But hey, I guess when maggotts are the ones that voted you in you should scratch their backs. Too bad that making sure the people who BREAK the law are safe is the only campaign promise that Lockhart has kept so far.
This compared to the 12 years Philpot was in office and his family members were running one of the largest drug rings in the COUNTRY? Even the DEA knew that he had knowledge of this. That is why he was notified that they were serving those warrants until after ALL locations had been served. They didn't want to give him the opportunity to give them the heads up. It's too bad they didn't have the evidence to try him also, he wouldn't be so tough sitting in a prisoon next to the people he arrested all the years he was in office! Philpot was just as crooked as any other sheriff there has been in Sequoyah county, he just hid it better!
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

If you are going to refer to the Valdivia bust, take a long hard look at it because Lockhart's relatives were some of the first arrested in that little deal. No one said anything about Philpot. They did however refer to Lockhart. I really don't care what Philpot did or did not do, Lockhart is the problem now. Try to stay on point please.
Oh please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

wow wrote:
If you are going to refer to the Valdivia bust, take a long hard look at it because Lockhart's relatives were some of the first arrested in that little deal. No one said anything about Philpot. They did however refer to Lockhart. I really don't care what Philpot did or did not do, Lockhart is the problem now. Try to stay on point please.
It's funny that you are trying to be so condesending! Lol. You actually did, in a round about way, bring up Philpot when you mentioned the 12 years of progress. Please don't fool yourself into thinking you are more intelligent than everyone who posts here. There are some of that have valid, rational thoughts. The fact remains that Fritts and the commissioners were trying to pull a fast one and go through that good ole boy system and got caught. Wipe your tears and move on!
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

I couldn't care less about the Fritts ordeal. As far as drying my tears and moving on, move on from what? You make no sense, the fact that you brought up the fact that you think I think I am intellectually superior to you implies, to me, that you have an intellectual inferiority complex since I never said or even implied that I was more intelligent than you. Maybe I did inadvertently refrence Philpot, I will admit that, at the time I didn't even realize that I was. However, for those that are so eager to attack Philpot, take a long hard look at the man, or should I say person (by no stretch of the imagination can Lockhart be considered a man) that the citizens of Sequoyah County have elected to office. For the last 11 months we have heard nothing but whining and crying about how hard his job is. Crime seems to be on the rise or maybe it is just getting more media coverage since our sheriff likes to see himself on television. Important violent crimes are going uninvestigated because the suspects are "friends" of the sheriff. The new employees that Lockhart brought in from other agencies are rejects from other departments, from other counties or other states for that matter. He has promoted deception, underhanded dealings and backstabbing in attempts to get his attention among his deputies bringing morale to an alarming low. Last but not least, he has now gotten a tax passed that brings our counties sales tax percentage to nearly 10% because he cannot manage the money that was already provided for him. This same man who recently begged for our support in passing this tax because times are hard in his department is the same man that so foolishly blew through $140,000 in his first 11 days in office. Now you tell me, should we suck all of that up or keep it in mind when election time comes around again? Don't patronize the readers of this forum, and don't tell them to dry their eyes when they voice legitamite complaints about the people who are supposed to be looking out for our best interest and protecting us who are instead looking out for their criminal cronies. I know I don't feel safe in this county anymore, do you?
Need some Proof

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

$140,000 in ll days...I think i need some proof of that. What was purchased? Who provided funding, local or grant funding? It is one thing to spend local money, but if grants were available, that is different.

One thing about posts on this site, some people think the money is all from local taxpayers, when in reality it isnt.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

It was taxpayer money, as a matter of fact it was money that the previous administration had spent several years building up in a fee account in case of a rainy day. As for what it was spent on, you've got me. Maybe if he would have saved a little bit of it instead of blowing through it in the first couple of weeks in office, he wouldn't have required such a hefty raise in taxes. I suspect however, that just as he planned on taking over the jail since he started campaigning for office that he also planned of an increase in taxes all along.
open to the public

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Any money spent by any county office is available for public viewing through the Sequoyah County Clerks office. If you want to see where the money went and where it came from, stop by and visit the county clerk. I think you will be greatly suprised by what you find there.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Oh, I highly doubt that I will be suprised. Nothing at all that Lockhart or any other elected official does suprises me anymore. If you know what the money was spent on, please do tell. If it was spent justly I will be the first to admit that it was for something worthy. I doubt that it was spent wisely though.
Open it up

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

open to the public wrote:
Any money spent by any county office is available for public viewing through the Sequoyah County Clerks office. If you want to see where the money went and where it came from, stop by and visit the county clerk. I think you will be greatly suprised by what you find there.
To make it easier, they could post it on a web site..a lot of cities and counties do.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

That would make it far too convenient for the taxpayers to keep tabs on their spending. I agree, they should make it available on the web. Then they would have to find more creative ways to cover their tracks. As it is now, they just hope that people are to lazy/busy to go to the courthouse and look at the records.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Muldrow Discussions

Search the Muldrow Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 10 min So What 62,161
Wheels of justice finally turning for Christian M 54 min Angry Citizen 3
New Muldrow Police Chief 1 hr Lol 22
Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Loco Chick 2,359
Bethel a bad choice Thu Curiosity killed the cat 7
police dept / dispatcher (Jun '13) Thu LMFAO 68
Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) Thu brother d 45
•••
•••
•••
•••

Muldrow Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Muldrow People Search