Okahoma Man Burns To Death, Sheriff N...

Okahoma Man Burns To Death, Sheriff Not Ruling Out Spontaneous Combustion

There are 38 comments on the NewsOn6 Tulsa story from Feb 18, 2013, titled Okahoma Man Burns To Death, Sheriff Not Ruling Out Spontaneous Combustion. In it, NewsOn6 Tulsa reports that:

The Sheriff in an eastern Oklahoma county said his office is investigating what could be a case of spontaneous combustion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOn6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tinkerbell

Fort Smith, AR

#21 Feb 20, 2013
Jesse wrote:
Tell that to little 11 year old girl in Oregon who suddenly burst into flames from static electricity and SHE WAS IN A HOSPITAL.
Static electricity has been identified in many sudden combustible/fire incidents.
Then it had a cause which was static electricity.Something always has to cause it.It doesn't just happen with no reason.
not shocked

Fort Smith, AR

#22 Feb 21, 2013
its another cover up like so many of them are around here did anyone else notice the truck out front had its windows shot out and in the next live story from the scene they had the cab of the truck covered up i guess when he burst into flames his windows also just blew up too
SayWhat

United States

#23 Feb 21, 2013
tinkerbell wrote:
<quoted text>Then it had a cause which was static electricity.Something always has to cause it.It doesn't just happen with no reason.
Nothing happens for NO REASON. I see science isn't your forte! Spontaneous Combustion happens whenever the right "circumstances" come together. No one including the sheriff is saying anything different you just didn't understand what the term meant.

The girl in Oregon spontaneously was set on fire had the unique enviroment of hand cleaner,static electricity and olive oil which cause her shirt to combust into flames. The poster who suggested alcohol being ignited by a cigarette makes sense if the evidence shows both were present at the time of fire.

It will be interesting to see was the ME finds.
SayWhat

United States

#24 Feb 21, 2013
not shocked wrote:
its another cover up like so many of them are around here did anyone else notice the truck out front had its windows shot out and in the next live story from the scene they had the cab of the truck covered up i guess when he burst into flames his windows also just blew up too
Windows shot out? As opposed to being knocked out? Since I didn't see the video's you saw please explain why you think they were shot out?

Sequoyah County has had it's share of bad behavior from citizens and law enforcement so I understand the distrust but seriously how do you know?
tinkerbell

Fort Smith, AR

#25 Feb 21, 2013
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing happens for NO REASON. I see science isn't your forte! Spontaneous Combustion happens whenever the right "circumstances" come together. No one including the sheriff is saying anything different you just didn't understand what the term meant.
The girl in Oregon spontaneously was set on fire had the unique enviroment of hand cleaner,static electricity and olive oil which cause her shirt to combust into flames. The poster who suggested alcohol being ignited by a cigarette makes sense if the evidence shows both were present at the time of fire.
It will be interesting to see was the ME finds.
Spontaneous Human combustion is the theory that a human body will start burning without an apparent source of external ignition.There is some source of external ignition even if the authorities in Sequoyah county can't figure it out.
Citizen

Fort Smith, AR

#26 Feb 21, 2013
You're all so damn intelligent. Were you at the scene of the incident? Well then quit speculating and let the professionals handle it.
SayWhat

United States

#27 Feb 21, 2013
tinkerbell wrote:
<quoted text>Spontaneous Human combustion is the theory that a human body will start burning without an apparent source of external ignition.There is some source of external ignition even if the authorities in Sequoyah county can't figure it out.
Re-read it again sherlock. "without apparent external ignition" i.e.fire,direct current link, etc. Static electricity by it's very nature is difficult to link to some cases.

You were the one who said it doesn't exist tinkerbell. I know it does!
Dempsey

United States

#28 Feb 21, 2013
tinkerbell wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as SPONTANEOUS human combustion.Even if it's just a cigarette,something has to cause it.But they made up their minds the first day so nothing will ever get done.The human body is very hard to burn.Otherwise people would be bursting into flames every day while doing ordinary things.
Yep, you claimed there was no such thing then you wait a few posts and then try to educate everyone else?

Spontaneous combustion (as someone mentioned before)was the cause of a recent unfortunate accident in a hospital in Oregon to a 11 year old girl who was under going treatment. She spontaneously combusted with fire on her shirt receiving 3rd degree burns. The combination of static electricity,hand sanitizer and olive oil created the enviroment for the static electricity to trigger the hand sanitizer and olive oil. The term spontaneous combustion covers incidents where static electricity has ignited fumes while unsuspecting motorist were filling their gas tanks causing spontaneous explosion of fire often times burning the motorist and bystanders. Static electricity is real and there are certain precautions used when people handle combustible materials to safeguard against static electricity ignition.

In the case of the 11 year old girl if she had not been in a hospital she could have very easily been overcome with her injuries and continued "burning" after her death. We simply do not know what happened to the victim in Sequoyah County therefore its premature to say exactly what the man died from and how he died, there are many possibilities.
2funny

Heavener, OK

#29 Feb 21, 2013
The almighty Lockhart thinks its Spontanious Human Combustion. Ron you are ridiculous. What are they going to come up with next? Well if WE can't figure out who robbed the store I guess a ghost did it. Case Closed! Spontanious Human Combustion hahahaha. Why don't you Spontaniously Combust Ron. Do us all a favor.
Jesse

United States

#30 Feb 21, 2013
2funny wrote:
The almighty Lockhart thinks its Spontanious Human Combustion. Ron you are ridiculous. What are they going to come up with next? Well if WE can't figure out who robbed the store I guess a ghost did it. Case Closed! Spontanious Human Combustion hahahaha. Why don't you Spontaniously Combust Ron. Do us all a favor.
Are you dense? What part of spontaneous combustion do you not understand? No one said the case was closed never even implied it. What the article said was from the visual evidence known prior to the M.E. testing the body, the possibility of spontaneous combustion could be the cause.

The rest of your post is hyperbole and as I'm sure you don't know what that means then "google" it and get a little education.
georgiepoo

Heavener, OK

#31 Feb 22, 2013
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you dense? What part of spontaneous combustion do you not understand? No one said the case was closed never even implied it. What the article said was from the visual evidence known prior to the M.E. testing the body, the possibility of spontaneous combustion could be the cause.
The rest of your post is hyperbole and as I'm sure you don't know what that means then "google" it and get a little education.
Are you a moron? I said case closed about something else not Spontanious Combustion. Take your time and read slower if you need to sweety.

Spontaneous Combustion is a myth. If it was legit don't you think we would see it more often and not just in Sequoyah County? This is all a publicity stunt at the victims expense. How about we live in the real world Mr. Lockhart and use hard detective work before we make an assumption. No one expects you to solve everything right out of the gate. Don't you think you owe it to the victim and his family to not smear this all over the news every night? Or is your air time more important? Absolutely ridiculous Mr. Lockhart. Shame on you.
Jesse

United States

#32 Feb 22, 2013
georgiepoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a moron? I said case closed about something else not Spontanious Combustion. Take your time and read slower if you need to sweety.
Spontaneous Combustion is a myth. If it was legit don't you think we would see it more often and not just in Sequoyah County? This is all a publicity stunt at the victims expense. How about we live in the real world Mr. Lockhart and use hard detective work before we make an assumption. No one expects you to solve everything right out of the gate. Don't you think you owe it to the victim and his family to not smear this all over the news every night? Or is your air time more important? Absolutely ridiculous Mr. Lockhart. Shame on you.
Your the dumbazz. Spontaneous Combustion is a FACT. We don't know what happened to cause the death of man in Sequoyah County yet but you are full of BS on Spontaneous Combustion. Just this week a girl in Oregon was a victim of spontaneous combustion and she was in a hospital when it happened. Static electricity was the igniter. Static electricity is the igniter for many documented cases of spontaneous combustion in re-fueling of vehicles by motorist and those who work with combustible products. I think this unfortunate situation is nothing more than Lane supporters trying to make a big deal because he didn't win the election. So if you truly want the best for the surviving family then stop it with the misinformation on spontaneous combustion allow the M.E. to finish his report.
Jesse

United States

#33 Feb 22, 2013
georgiepoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a moron? I said case closed about something else not Spontanious Combustion. Take your time and read slower if you need to sweety.
Spontaneous Combustion is a myth. If it was legit don't you think we would see it more often and not just in Sequoyah County? This is all a publicity stunt at the victims expense. How about we live in the real world Mr. Lockhart and use hard detective work before we make an assumption. No one expects you to solve everything right out of the gate. Don't you think you owe it to the victim and his family to not smear this all over the news every night? Or is your air time more important? Absolutely ridiculous Mr. Lockhart. Shame on you.
Sweety, every single time you post you show your lack of education and ignorance level. It's clear you're upset that Lockhart is the sheriff. Well get over it because chances are he will finish his term.

There may be many reasons for your opinions but the fact remains you will never be missed by NASA!
Justice

United States

#34 Feb 22, 2013
georgiepoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a moron? I said case closed about something else not Spontanious Combustion. Take your time and read slower if you need to sweety.
Spontaneous Combustion is a myth. If it was legit don't you think we would see it more often and not just in Sequoyah County? This is all a publicity stunt at the victims expense. How about we live in the real world Mr. Lockhart and use hard detective work before we make an assumption. No one expects you to solve everything right out of the gate. Don't you think you owe it to the victim and his family to not smear this all over the news every night? Or is your air time more important? Absolutely ridiculous Mr. Lockhart. Shame on you.
Your posts drip with venom...personal venom. You are more concerned about trying to throw poison barbs and snarky language than trying to understand this unfortunate situation.

Oh and by the way, spontaneous combustion is real perhaps before you say something doesn't exist and is a myth you seek knowledge you obviously don't have. Your post isn't helpful to the surviving family.
Science

United States

#35 Feb 22, 2013
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweety, every single time you post you show your lack of education and ignorance level. It's clear you're upset that Lockhart is the sheriff. Well get over it because chances are he will finish his term.
There may be many reasons for your opinions but the fact remains you will never be missed by NASA!
Science is important to understand our enviroment it's how we begin to understand the difference between old wives tales and processes which can be recreated in control conditions. Spontaneous combustion is a science fact. It happens when conditions and chemicals meet with an igniter. Static electricity is an natural element which we find everywhere in our enviroment. To enable spontaneous combustion static electricity and combustionable products like natural gas,gasoline,alcohol or other flamable/combustible products are ignited by spark as with static electricity.
Deacon

United States

#36 Feb 22, 2013
georgiepoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a moron? I said case closed about something else not Spontanious Combustion. Take your time and read slower if you need to sweety.
Spontaneous Combustion is a myth. If it was legit don't you think we would see it more often and not just in Sequoyah County? This is all a publicity stunt at the victims expense. How about we live in the real world Mr. Lockhart and use hard detective work before we make an assumption. No one expects you to solve everything right out of the gate. Don't you think you owe it to the victim and his family to not smear this all over the news every night? Or is your air time more important? Absolutely ridiculous Mr. Lockhart. Shame on you.
Girl you are a bonafide blonde all the way to your roots!
tinkerbell

Fort Smith, AR

#37 Feb 22, 2013
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you dense? What part of spontaneous combustion do you not understand? No one said the case was closed never even implied it. What the article said was from the visual evidence known prior to the M.E. testing the body, the possibility of spontaneous combustion could be the cause.
The rest of your post is hyperbole and as I'm sure you don't know what that means then "google" it and get a little education.
Oh my goodness.We all know that spontaneous combustion is real.Spontaneous HUMAN combustion is a completely different theory.Please work on your reading comprehension.
Jesse

United States

#38 Feb 22, 2013
tinkerbell wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my goodness.We all know that spontaneous combustion is real.Spontaneous HUMAN combustion is a completely different theory.Please work on your reading comprehension.
Listen shit for brains read your own posts! Spontaneous Combustion whether it's a living creature or an block of wood is STILL SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION.

I think you are a blonde who dyes your hair platinum just for good measure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muldrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbie 3 hr Toys Are Serious ... 3
Forever Memories Funeral Home (Mar '16) 8 hr Woot woot 5
Sallisaw's Mayor's daughter arrested. (Aug '13) 8 hr Woot woot 143
Sarah Gish Sat Bruh 22
Jim Hudgens for Mayor (Dec '16) Sat Drain Sallisaw sw... 64
Looking for Heather Oct 20 Found Her 3
Dog Pound Oct 18 friend of the dogs 1

Muldrow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muldrow Mortgages