Eva Dodgen

There are 1 comment on the The Edmond Sun, Edmond, OK story from Mar 24, 2011, titled Eva Dodgen. In it, The Edmond Sun, Edmond, OK reports that:

Eva Samantha Irvin was born September 2, 1929 in Liberty, Okla. She grew up in Muldrow, Okla.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Edmond Sun, Edmond, OK.

Corkey

Pearland, TX

#1 Mar 28, 2011
My mom, Eva Dodgen, was born 2 months before the Great Depression. She only weighed 2 1/2 pounds at birth, and because she survived she was called the Miracle Baby. The first few months of her life were spent in a chest of drawers, she was tiny, but she was strong and determined.
Her family moved to California during the depression, and at the age of 10 she helped her family by picking cotton and working on the ranches of some of Hollywood's elite! One of her cousins was regularly given Shirley Temples used clothes. Her dad worked on one of Tom Mix's ranches. One did what one had to do to survive the great Depression.
Upon returning to Oklahoma at the age of 11, she was running through a field one day and felt something pricking her ankle. Coming out of the field, she had a diamond back rattler wrapped around her leg, she was bitten, but thanks to the diligence of her mom, she survived. Her whole life was about survival and overcoming obstacles.
She had a hard life, but a wonderful life. She was a great mother and a friend. I miss you mom, but I know that you will at my side always.
I love you mom!
Corkey
Anyone wanting to reach me can at lddodgen@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muldrow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Journey Church Scandal 2 hr a member 24
News Bonds lady hauls in murder suspect (Jan '08) 3 hr sulli 2
The fate of the county jail (Jul '09) 4 hr sulli 47
taco Pronto Fri Tammi 2
elissa and mary daniels Thu sulli 1
Michelle Obama Was Born Michael LaVaughn Robinson? (Nov '13) Thu JUSTICE 89
Hilary Green (Sep '11) Thu Older man 30
More from around the web

Muldrow People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE