Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

#22 Jan 16, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
BTW- Just a question for thought about Economic Development?
All this money is being brought in for IVY Tech Millions of Dollars!! I have not read ONE paper or heard one voice stating How much money IVY-TECH is putting into the pot to come to Frankfort???
Is this Prudent Economic Development Development to spend millions of dollars for a business to come here that will MAKE millions. Their Professors and Deans will not LIVE here for tax purposes. They are an Educational Institution so I doubt that they will pay much in Taxation themselves? Basically we "MIGHT" be keeping our Frankfort students here, but how is that going to BOOST economic development? They have already turned down a grocery store, and are bulldozing a fully functional factory? Just a question for you to "mull" over there in your area. Economic Development? Well I just don't get it?
I will have to agree with you on this. Very well said!! The only thing I would add is that IVY Tech is already a state funded school that taxpayers pay for. Why would the city/county agree to use local tax dollars to bring it here. This will have zero impact on growing Frankfort, in fact I predict IVY Tech will not even be here more than 5 years...Hey but its a good investment...
Reality check needed

Michigantown, IN

#23 Jan 16, 2013
Check for Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, it was said by a member of the Chamber the night of the public meeting with IVY Tech that although they had been talking to IVY Tech for the past few years, it was Chris McBarnes that got the deal done for them. This was coming from one of the representatives of IVY T.
Do you actually think it would have happened if Pip was still in office?
Can't answer the Pip question since the politicians kept shutting him down. I guess that was there way to punish him for beating Stock.

Your statement above doesn't make grammatical sense. Are you saying a member of the chamber that Chris made it happen?

Or are you saying that a staff member of I.T. said the chamber said...?

If someone bought me a building, remodeled it, and gave me tons of free parking, all the while sticking it to the taxpayers and downtown workers around me, I'd pump smoke up people's a$$es too.

You'd make a great PR person for the city, if you aren't already.
Serious

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Jan 16, 2013
I have to agree with you on this, there is some pretty shady things going on with this ivy tech deal. But look on the bright side, it got the mayor more front page time. That's what's it is all about!
for real

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jan 17, 2013
Those last three post are with out a dought the stupidist comments ever in the history of man. They were good for a laugh though. Don't give up hope, IVY will be here soon, you can go back to school and up your IQ.
Hmmm

Frankfort, IN

#26 Jan 17, 2013
for real wrote:
Those last three post are with out a dought the stupidist comments ever in the history of man. They were good for a laugh though. Don't give up hope, IVY will be here soon, you can go back to school and up your IQ.
You could stand a trip back yourself. It's doubt.

Stay away from drugs kids lest you end up like " for real'
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

#27 Jan 17, 2013
for real wrote:
Maybe you can attend an English class at Ivy Tech so you can up your IQ... Is it doubt or as you would say "dought"?

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

#28 Jan 17, 2013
Holy poop wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Eric Woods have seven votes that count when he votes? You say the good ole boys society needs to be gone but if you were at the same meeting I was at, Moyer and Palmer voted to bring the so called "KROGER" store. I guess it must be the new members of the council that said no to "KROGER" That is if you believe it to be a "KROGER"..
Well, I guess we know this is YOU Eric, cause only Palmer and Moyer voted FOR the first reading of this store comming into your town. And yes this ol Guy WAS in the meeting! YOU had Rick Gunyon do YOUR dirty work by saying "There are 2/3rd of the grocery stores in Frankfort owned by Families" There are FOUR count them FOUR grocery Stores in Frankfort 1.Wal-mart 2. Marsh 3. Aldi 4. Schultz owned by the WOODS. You can count the Hispanic grocery stores but I really don't think they are a big market for the weekly mass of Frankfort shopping. Woods is looking out for his own backside. What happed to "Frankfort is open for business" - That was McBarnes Political Platform and Woods was RIGHT behind him? Now that people want to see Wal-mart get some competition - Woods is afraid someone is gonna sell a bit more than His store?? THAT my friend Eric is called FREE ENTERPRISE. AND, the people from KROGER who were IN the meeting stated it WOULD be a K-R-O-G-E-R owned business. If you plan to be the next Mayor there ERIC ol boy you need to quit that worryin about your self so much and start thinkin about the people of Frankfort a bit and let THEM have a choice. After all it is STILL a free country as far as this ol guy can see.
really

Indianapolis, IN

#29 Jan 17, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess we know this is YOU Eric, cause only Palmer and Moyer voted FOR the first reading of this store comming into your town. And yes this ol Guy WAS in the meeting! YOU had Rick Gunyon do YOUR dirty work by saying "There are 2/3rd of the grocery stores in Frankfort owned by Families" There are FOUR count them FOUR grocery Stores in Frankfort 1.Wal-mart 2. Marsh 3. Aldi 4. Schultz owned by the WOODS. You can count the Hispanic grocery stores but I really don't think they are a big market for the weekly mass of Frankfort shopping. Woods is looking out for his own backside. What happed to "Frankfort is open for business" - That was McBarnes Political Platform and Woods was RIGHT behind him? Now that people want to see Wal-mart get some competition - Woods is afraid someone is gonna sell a bit more than His store?? THAT my friend Eric is called FREE ENTERPRISE. AND, the people from KROGER who were IN the meeting stated it WOULD be a K-R-O-G-E-R owned business. If you plan to be the next Mayor there ERIC ol boy you need to quit that worryin about your self so much and start thinkin about the people of Frankfort a bit and let THEM have a choice. After all it is STILL a free country as far as this ol guy can see.
I couldny agree more! You hit the nail right on the head!
Really

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Jan 17, 2013
Pip wasnt that bad... Stock is arrogant ass that got what he deserved.
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

#31 Jan 17, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess we know this is YOU Eric, cause only Palmer and Moyer voted FOR the first reading of this store comming into your town. And yes this ol Guy WAS in the meeting! YOU had Rick Gunyon do YOUR dirty work by saying "There are 2/3rd of the grocery stores in Frankfort owned by Families" There are FOUR count them FOUR grocery Stores in Frankfort 1.Wal-mart 2. Marsh 3. Aldi 4. Schultz owned by the WOODS. You can count the Hispanic grocery stores but I really don't think they are a big market for the weekly mass of Frankfort shopping. Woods is looking out for his own backside. What happed to "Frankfort is open for business" - That was McBarnes Political Platform and Woods was RIGHT behind him? Now that people want to see Wal-mart get some competition - Woods is afraid someone is gonna sell a bit more than His store?? THAT my friend Eric is called FREE ENTERPRISE. AND, the people from KROGER who were IN the meeting stated it WOULD be a K-R-O-G-E-R owned business. If you plan to be the next Mayor there ERIC ol boy you need to quit that worryin about your self so much and start thinkin about the people of Frankfort a bit and let THEM have a choice. After all it is STILL a free country as far as this ol guy can see.
You forgot to mention the Mexican grocery store on Jackson St..
So let me help you count, that would be FIVE, can you count that high?
oh yeah

United States

#32 Jan 17, 2013
WILO reported the council passed a resolution for economic development of the area and the vote was 7-0. but you are saying that only moyer and palmer voted? is WILO wrong?
Reality Check Yet Again

Michigantown, IN

#33 Jan 17, 2013
Holy poop wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention the Mexican grocery store on Jackson St..
So let me help you count, that would be FIVE, can you count that high?
Can you count you freakin moron? There is more than that one lone Hispanic Grocery Store in Frankfort. According to Yellowpages.com , there are currently 3 Hispanic grocery stores and 4 non-Hispanic stores.

Thank God Ivy Tech is coming to town so we can send your stupid ass to a basic math class.
Reality Check Yet Again

Michigantown, IN

#35 Jan 17, 2013
Because your being a smartass. If your going to spout numbers, then check your facts before you put it out there.
Reality Check Yet Again

Michigantown, IN

#36 Jan 17, 2013
You could join the guy you dogged for bad english. You'd be down the hall from him.
Check for Reality Check

Frankfort, IN

#37 Jan 17, 2013
Reality check needed wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't answer the Pip question since the politicians kept shutting him down. I guess that was there way to punish him for beating Stock.
Your statement above doesn't make grammatical sense. Are you saying a member of the chamber that Chris made it happen?
Or are you saying that a staff member of I.T. said the chamber said...?
If someone bought me a building, remodeled it, and gave me tons of free parking, all the while sticking it to the taxpayers and downtown workers around me, I'd pump smoke up people's a$$es too.
You'd make a great PR person for the city, if you aren't already.
Let me put it this way. A member of the Chamber repeated what they had heard from a representative of Ivy Tech.

The details from the beginning is that IVY Tech is spending over 2 million of their money for this venture. The agreement is that the city also chips in a million plus on getting this development happening since it will also benefit our community.
Reality Check

Michigantown, IN

#38 Jan 18, 2013
Well, tell us with some evidence where that 2 million was spent .
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

#39 Jan 18, 2013
Reality Check Yet Again wrote:
Because your being a smartass. If your going to spout numbers, then check your facts before you put it out there.
Your still calling me names!!! My numbers are normally correct and all I was saying is this community has more than Four grocery stores as your brother indicated in a post earlier. Your brother stated we had FOUR so I was saying we had more. Get over your arrogant self!!
Reality Check

Michigantown, IN

#40 Jan 18, 2013
Holy poop wrote:
<quoted text>
Your still calling me names!!! My numbers are normally correct and all I was saying is this community has more than Four grocery stores as your brother indicated in a post earlier. Your brother stated we had FOUR so I was saying we had more. Get over your arrogant self!!
You said 5. You were wrong. Just calling you out like you did the other post writer.

The only reason that the Ivy Tech rep said that is because they support the mayor and wanted gim to get his back patted.

You might want to think about your own arrogance. You'll never make mayor at this rate,
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

#41 Jan 18, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You said 5. You were wrong. Just calling you out like you did the other post writer.
The only reason that the Ivy Tech rep said that is because they support the mayor and wanted gim to get his back patted.
You might want to think about your own arrogance. You'll never make mayor at this rate,
Why would I want to be Mayor, that job doesn't pay nearly enough? I am content with the job I have and trust me, It pays more and I am very happy. I just point out the facts and yes, I will admit this community has more than 5 grocery stores. Tell me where I am wrong with other facts I have stated and arrogance, ok I guess if you say so..
Reality Check

Michigantown, IN

#42 Jan 18, 2013
Maybe you can attend an English class at Ivy Tech so you can up your IQ... Is it doubt or as you would say "dought"?

and who knows what other "names" you are using on here.

Oh well... En a lo mejor y más grande cosas

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mulberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters will weigh in on $30M plans to renovate ... 1 hr LuLu Bell 137
Watch who you do business with 9 hr Brett 11
Roads Fri Richelle M Lutz 6
Lets take a poll on how you feel about the hisp... (Sep '14) Fri big dickk 19
Mayor McBarnes Thu family man 39
Please help Apr 21 INFOWARS 4
Feeling good about how far Frankfort has come Apr 17 Richelle M Lutz 17
More from around the web

Mulberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE