Downtown Worker

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

No, just upgraded to a better more practical vehicle.

Why you ask? Does it bother you?
car guy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Downtown Worker wrote:
No, just upgraded to a better more practical vehicle.
Why you ask? Does it bother you?
Wouldn't call going from a cadillac to an older car an upgrade.
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

car guy wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't call going from a cadillac to an older car an upgrade.
The Cadillac is in storage at the Archer and Weston funeral home and the blue SUV you are referring to was bought by the city. The truck he was driving wasn't good enough for him..
Pro Dog

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the mayor who is trying to sell our city to industry leaders and diplomats should be showing them around our city in a rusted out pick up truck with bad breaks and bald tires. Your attitude about our leaders is why this city has gone staggnet.You would rather have a mayor out picking up sticks in the park, or shoving snow than a mayor trying to move this city forward.
Reality Check Please

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Pro Dog wrote:
Maybe the mayor who is trying to sell our city to industry leaders and diplomats should be showing them around our city in a rusted out pick up truck with bad breaks and bald tires. Your attitude about our leaders is why this city has gone staggnet.You would rather have a mayor out picking up sticks in the park, or shoving snow than a mayor trying to move this city forward.
That is your response?
As a "leader", one would expect the mayor to utilize his own vehicle for such things and use that money spent on whatever they bought him for other important things. He can always turn in his mileage if he is that hard up.
The city is staggnet because no one will stand up for the majority of the city dwellers. The city is staggnet because everyone wants to start programs and then no one follows thru with them. What happened to the Roundhouse project? What happened to Economic Development? What happened to bringing new franchise businesses to the town? They were shut down by the very same backers that funded Mr. McBarnes canidacy.
There is a warehouse that should have been in Frankfort Industrial Park that ended up in Boone County. There was a resturant that wanted to build in the area of the west side hotels and motels. They were all shut down.
Here's a question for you... did you see the EPA people at the Exide tearing down? How about a state permit?
This isn't about a mayor, it's about the other "support" groups that need to be doing their jobs. The mayor should be the person who puts the icing on the cake after these other cash sucking agencies to their thing.
Many people are clueless on how things are done in an actual city. Take a trip to Kokomo, Tipton, Noblesville, Delphi, and Crawfordsville and ask some questions, attend some meetings, then you'll see how it's done. I guarentee you it isn't 4 or 5 business players pulling the mayoral strings. It's a community that does what is necessary to grow.
Pro Dog

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

If you think this mayor is not moving this city foward, then your hate realy runs deep.Your idea of how our leaders are leading is nothing but a hollow comment and nothing like you say. I am not going to ask you to prove something that can't be proved. You must live in a closet!You need to stick to making your comments on topix where your three other followers can feel like you are realy helping the city. Let's see, who should we all believe, a person who is to ashamed to put a name behind his slander toward the city OR people that run for office,decide to try and help by getting involved. All the cheap comment in the world will never help, get involved!
Hmmm

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Pro Dog wrote:
If you think this mayor is not moving this city foward, then your hate realy runs deep.Your idea of how our leaders are leading is nothing but a hollow comment and nothing like you say. I am not going to ask you to prove something that can't be proved. You must live in a closet!You need to stick to making your comments on topix where your three other followers can feel like you are realy helping the city. Let's see, who should we all believe, a person who is to ashamed to put a name behind his slander toward the city OR people that run for office,decide to try and help by getting involved. All the cheap comment in the world will never help, get involved!
Exactly where was it stated that the mayor wasn't moving things forward in the above statement?

What I saw was the writer was concerned about the purchase of a vehicle, that they were frustrated with people with political ties running off business suitors and some other things. Say what you want, but there is more truth to that than many would care to admit.

As a dweller of Clinton County all my life, I know what has been shoved aside, manipulated for the minorities needs, and shoved thru the system as something good. So I too would take the side of the above author.

You obviously, as I have done as well, chosen not place your name on here due to all the hate mail you'd get.
Reality check

Oakland City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Pro Dog wrote:
Umm, where exactly did I say the mayor isn't moving the city forward?

Not asking me to prove something? It's already been proven my friend. We should be asking you to refute it.

No closet here, just the real world. A hardworking guy trying to provide for the family and becoming frustrated with people who don't see the facts clearly.

And your name is??? That's what I thought.
really

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Pro Dog wrote:
See! There we go again. ANYTIME they think you are saying something against the mayor....its because you are a HATER! mAYBE just maybe its because he isnt related to us and we dont think hes as awesome as you. Period!
Pro Dog

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Guess it's just I think saying bad things behind people's back is childish. Yes I am doing the same thing I guess in trying to defend him.You all go ahead and tear him apart, you must get satisfaction from it, still seems childish to me. He helped bring IVY here which will change our city forever,why do you never say anything good about what is happening!
really

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

Pro Dog wrote:
Guess it's just I think saying bad things behind people's back is childish. Yes I am doing the same thing I guess in trying to defend him.You all go ahead and tear him apart, you must get satisfaction from it, still seems childish to me. He helped bring IVY here which will change our city forever,why do you never say anything good about what is happening!
Because he toots his own horn loud enough. With the help of HIS PR women he toots it all across Indiana. Im not sure all the people that have been working on getting IVY Tech here (for a few years) agree that HE did all that for us!
Reality check

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Pro Dog wrote:
Again, you are misinformed about Ivy Tech. The Chamber championed that a couple of years ago. He just got the credit for finishing it up. As I mentioned above, the mayor should be icing the cake. Is that wrong? Did I tear him apart?

I suppose you believe everything you read and hear in the local media too? That is where most of the informing is done. They neglect to tell you everything.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Problem is on here when you support yourself with opinions with some facts that others might not be aware of, people call you all sorts of things.
Reality check

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Wonder what happened to post number seven
really

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Reality check wrote:
Wonder what happened to post number seven
Just more of the covering of things they dont like. I told you. Must have been a post from "a hater"! Talk about childish.
Check for Reality Check

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are misinformed about Ivy Tech. The Chamber championed that a couple of years ago. He just got the credit for finishing it up. As I mentioned above, the mayor should be icing the cake. Is that wrong? Did I tear him apart?
I suppose you believe everything you read and hear in the local media too? That is where most of the informing is done. They neglect to tell you everything.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Problem is on here when you support yourself with opinions with some facts that others might not be aware of, people call you all sorts of things.
FYI, it was said by a member of the Chamber the night of the public meeting with IVY Tech that although they had been talking to IVY Tech for the past few years, it was Chris McBarnes that got the deal done for them. This was coming from one of the representatives of IVY T.

Do you actually think it would have happened if Pip was still in office?
really

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Oh I dont know. All the leg work was being done then! Ask Karen Miller.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

"Along came a spider (the political wheel), and sat down beside her, and frightened Miss Muffit away"! I enjoy reading all this when it starts. You ALL are right in so many ways. Always REMEMBER, NO Mayor, Governer, President is no better than the people that he/she has in place around them. All of the three offices are virtually powerless unless their excutive offices are on the same side as they. You spoke of Economic developement. HA! The Illustrious Presiden Alan Dunn just conned the County into buying the Mallory land and building (38 acres) at a whopping 1.6 million. Word is, The are supposed, did you hear me supposed to get a Federal grant for 80% of the money, that still means they will be asking YOU in Frankfort for the other around $400,000.00?(He stated they need a Federal mandated 15 foot buffer?) Now they are saying they will demolish the building. How will that bring jobs to Frankfort to raize a perfectly good factory that Nidec spent over $100,000. in remodle before closing their doors? Today in the Times another grocery is trying to come in to Frankfort to give some of the Three count them Three some competition and Councilman Rick Gunyon says OH NO! we can't do THAT! 2/3rd of the stores in Frankfort are owned by Families in Frankfort?? The ONLY Family store in Frankfort is Shultz owned by our Precious Councilmen Eric and Steve Woods. Granted the store has good meat, too bad the we can't say much good about the city and county councilmen. They have shown the voters who they are for: THEMSELVES! Your town will NOT change untill ALL the good-ol'-boy society are gone. That will take another 2-3 elections. You have made a good start by making your feelings known in here. Continue to vent, as long as your venting is backed up by FACT! Attend the meetings, talk to your representatives of the city and county and lastly use your last constitutional right ..........VOTE!

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

BTW- Just a question for thought about Economic Development?

All this money is being brought in for IVY Tech Millions of Dollars!! I have not read ONE paper or heard one voice stating How much money IVY-TECH is putting into the pot to come to Frankfort???

Is this Prudent Economic Development Development to spend millions of dollars for a business to come here that will MAKE millions. Their Professors and Deans will not LIVE here for tax purposes. They are an Educational Institution so I doubt that they will pay much in Taxation themselves? Basically we "MIGHT" be keeping our Frankfort students here, but how is that going to BOOST economic development? They have already turned down a grocery store, and are bulldozing a fully functional factory? Just a question for you to "mull" over there in your area. Economic Development? Well I just don't get it?
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

nu-viewer wrote:
"Along came a spider (the political wheel), and sat down beside her, and frightened Miss Muffit away"! I enjoy reading all this when it starts. You ALL are right in so many ways. Always REMEMBER, NO Mayor, Governer, President is no better than the people that he/she has in place around them. All of the three offices are virtually powerless unless their excutive offices are on the same side as they. You spoke of Economic developement. HA! The Illustrious Presiden Alan Dunn just conned the County into buying the Mallory land and building (38 acres) at a whopping 1.6 million. Word is, The are supposed, did you hear me supposed to get a Federal grant for 80% of the money, that still means they will be asking YOU in Frankfort for the other around $400,000.00?(He stated they need a Federal mandated 15 foot buffer?) Now they are saying they will demolish the building. How will that bring jobs to Frankfort to raize a perfectly good factory that Nidec spent over $100,000. in remodle before closing their doors? Today in the Times another grocery is trying to come in to Frankfort to give some of the Three count them Three some competition and Councilman Rick Gunyon says OH NO! we can't do THAT! 2/3rd of the stores in Frankfort are owned by Families in Frankfort?? The ONLY Family store in Frankfort is Shultz owned by our Precious Councilmen Eric and Steve Woods. Granted the store has good meat, too bad the we can't say much good about the city and county councilmen. They have shown the voters who they are for: THEMSELVES! Your town will NOT change untill ALL the good-ol'-boy society are gone. That will take another 2-3 elections. You have made a good start by making your feelings known in here. Continue to vent, as long as your venting is backed up by FACT! Attend the meetings, talk to your representatives of the city and county and lastly use your last constitutional right ..........VOTE!
Does Eric Woods have seven votes that count when he votes? You say the good ole boys society needs to be gone but if you were at the same meeting I was at, Moyer and Palmer voted to bring the so called "KROGER" store. I guess it must be the new members of the council that said no to "KROGER" That is if you believe it to be a "KROGER"..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mulberry Discussions

Search the Mulberry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
health department 37 min thetown 1
old cvs bulding 1 hr Lesson 7
Blueberry hill pancake house. 4 hr the lawless 28
Hot Dog Festival is it another Alive on 65 4 hr the lawless 19
Is Lafayette Police Lt. Tom Davidson An Idiot? Tue Bad apples bad cops 3
Indiana officer to keep job after pushing over ... Tue Bad apples bad cops 1
Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... Tue Ordinary Person 1
•••
•••