Bob's Marathon = Dirty Scumbags Who Take Advantage Of Old People

Posted in the Mulberry Forum

Sick To Stomach

Frankfort, IN

#1 Dec 31, 2012
I was sick to hear that Bob's Marathon is in the business of taking advantage of the elderly. I was show a receipt today for a repair done on a 1995 GMC Safari belonging to a 74 year old Male and a 72 year old female. They needed to have the distributor cap replaced, and were charged $214.95. The man told him the part cost $100 and the labor was also $100. Knowing there was no way that a distributor cap cost more than $20 bucks I googled it. Surprise Surprise, the cost for one $11.59. What a piece of shit slimy bastard. Just wanted to let the public know, that if you care about the character of the person who works on your vehicle chose someone else. Shame on you Bob's Marathon!
Thanks

Bellevue, WA

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Where is this palce located in frankfort?
Thanks

Bellevue, WA

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Thanks wrote:
Where is this palce located in frankfort?
*place
Sick To Stomach

Frankfort, IN

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Yes, in Frankfort. It is the little shop in between The Eagles and the old Boys and Girls Club building. Just disgusting what they did.
DB Cooper

West Lafayette, IN

#5 Jan 1, 2013
I would have to know more about it. You seem pretty vague with your evidence........
Sick To Stomach

Frankfort, IN

#6 Jan 1, 2013
DB Cooper wrote:
I would have to know more about it. You seem pretty vague with your evidence........
What's vague about a receipt with a charge of $99.95 for a distributor cap for said vehicle,$100 for labor, and tax of $14.00? Go to any parts website put in the make and model of the vehicle given in the first post, and look up the cost of the part yourself. He marked up the part 90%! That's the fact, and as said it's a dirty way to conduct business with an elderly couple.
how about

Hartland, WI

#7 Jan 1, 2013
You placing a picture or some realistic evidence on the photo page? How about the people's name who got "scammed"?

Did you tell them to call the BBB? Did you call the BBB? The newspapesr? The radio station? Channell 18? The Indy TV stations?

Instead of busting the station's balls on here, why not do it the right way?

Or are you simply a person who has nothing better to do than spread lies???

Hmmmmmm.....
Jack Lord

West Lafayette, IN

#8 Jan 1, 2013
I must admit i got screwed a few years ago from this place ..., but live and learn
Sick To Stomach

Frankfort, IN

#9 Jan 1, 2013
Look "How About", this is not some lead news story expose, and I have no secret axe to grind with Bob's Marathon. The older couple frequents the VFW in the morning for coffee, and showed me their receipt, asking if the price seemed high to me. The BBB? Really? You think anything is going to make a difference? Bob's Marathon has a right to set their price, and the couple accepted it before the work was done. A deal is a deal right? All I'm saying is it was wrong, and they are dirty. There are a lot of things wrong with this world, and your attitude is obviously one of them. If you think I'm just bored, and their great then head your ass up there for your next repair. I could give a shit. It would serve you right to get your ass handed to you. However, as I originally stated if you care about the character of the person working on a vehicle of your own think again before choosing them. My grandfather always told me that there were three things you would never go wrong doing in your life and that was helping kids, old people, and animals. I have lived by that, and hate to see any of the three mistreated. It also seems to me that this couple was not the first to be victims, given Jack Lord's comment. He's right you live and learn, but old people are often too trusting. They are from a different school of thought, and one I wished still existed. I was just trying to let the public know that you better shop around before choosing them. Point blank. That was the only reason for this post.
resident

Frankfort, IN

#10 Jan 1, 2013
how about wrote:
You placing a picture or some realistic evidence on the photo page? How about the people's name who got "scammed"?
Did you tell them to call the BBB? Did you call the BBB? The newspapesr? The radio station? Channell 18? The Indy TV stations?
Instead of busting the station's balls on here, why not do it the right way?
Or are you simply a person who has nothing better to do than spread lies???
Hmmmmmm.....
You are accusing someone of spreading lies. How do you know he is spreading lies?
Sick To Stomach

Frankfort, IN

#12 Jan 1, 2013
Challenger wrote:
These poor folks got taken, no question about that. Your cost figures are probably correct since I am a "gearhead", race cars, and know about things like this. However, they agreed to it. So I hope it was a learning experience for them. Case in point. My son lost reverse in a 98 Blazer. I got estimates that ranged from $650.00 to $3500.00 to get it fixed. We took the $650.00 one because the owner of the shop told me exactly what was wrong with it. Today, it runs just fine. People, old or young, need to get estimates from several sources before doing ANYTHING!! Sadly, they learned the hard way, but cost wise it could have been much worse, they got off lucky. Happy trails...... BTW TRUSTNO1.
Totally agree. And your post sums up my main point. I know they have been around awhile, and a lot of people trust them. I was just shedding some light on their business practice, and reminding people a second opinion is never a bad idea.
Tranny

Michigantown, IN

#13 Jan 1, 2013
They did a tranny job for me. 231 dollars in labor for a six hour job. Affordable wanted 1000 for labor only.
Jack Lord

West Lafayette, IN

#14 Jan 1, 2013
Tranny wrote:
They did a tranny job for me. 231 dollars in labor for a six hour job. Affordable wanted 1000 for labor only.
That's 38.50 a hour , no way Bob works for that kind of money
Tranny

Michigantown, IN

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Jack Lord wrote:
<quoted text> That's 38.50 a hour , no way Bob works for that kind of money
He did, and did a great job I might add.

Great thing here is I don't care what kind of crap you say, I got it done for that and would gladly recommend him to my friends.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 2, 2013
I didn't even know Bob's was still open. The place appears to mostly be a parking lot for events going on at the Rigmig.
penny pincher

Frankfort, IN

#17 Jan 3, 2013
If you want a good honest mechanic go to E & R Auto on washington st.. hes saved me alot of money and is very honest...
Do it myself

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 3, 2013
penny pincher wrote:
If you want a good honest mechanic go to E & R Auto on washington st.. hes saved me alot of money and is very honest...
DO NOT GO TO E&R! Shady as hell, cuts every corner possible AND will steal anything not screwed down in your vehicle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mulberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is everyone using my name 15 hr Joe Kiger 3
Clinton County Treasurer walks off the job Sep 27 Yep 42
what sad is when family lies to family and take... Sep 24 Doc Johnson 5
American Body Shop Sep 24 rightway 14
Fair Assoc annual meeting Sep 22 clodhopper 14
Officer Munoz harassment complaints Sep 22 Just quit already 13
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98

Mulberry Jobs

Mulberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mulberry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mulberry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]