No tax break for grocery store

No tax break for grocery store

There are 53 comments on the WLFI-TV West Lafayette story from Feb 12, 2013, titled No tax break for grocery store. In it, WLFI-TV West Lafayette reports that:

A grocery store wanting to come to Frankfort will not receive a tax break from the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI-TV West Lafayette.

some thought please

Goshen, IN

#23 Feb 15, 2013
You guys couldn't mange a BUBBLE GUM MACHINE.
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

#24 Feb 15, 2013
some thought please wrote:
Could you????
confused

Carmel, IN

#25 Feb 15, 2013
I thought this discussion was about a tax break for Kroger. But now you all are bashing Ivy tech project. "WHY" mentioned Dameons what company is that and it would be nice to know what tax breaks it got?
Hmmm

Milton, WI

#26 Feb 15, 2013
some thought please wrote:
I bet they could manage a local grocery store and better serve the public than you.
Hmmm

Milton, WI

#27 Feb 15, 2013
confused wrote:
I thought this discussion was about a tax break for Kroger. But now you all are bashing Ivy tech project. "WHY" mentioned Dameons what company is that and it would be nice to know what tax breaks it got?
Go to the courthouse and see for yourself.
He did

Goldsmith, IN

#28 Feb 15, 2013
He is also taking care of his buddies and Administration with the city funds. It's in the claims at the city clerks office. Now we are on the hook with ivy tech, again taking care of his buddies. It's not being done for the community as he preaches, it's being done for certain individuals.
He did

Goldsmith, IN

#29 Feb 15, 2013
This comment is answering to the mayor posted 9 hours ago.
The Hardy Boys

Michigantown, IN

#30 Feb 15, 2013
He did wrote:
He is also taking care of his buddies and Administration with the city funds. It's in the claims at the city clerks office. Now we are on the hook with ivy tech, again taking care of his buddies. It's not being done for the community as he preaches, it's being done for certain individuals.
Give us a hint as to what we should look for.
Thank you
The Times

Tampa, FL

#31 Feb 15, 2013
The editorial reeked of someone who had been perusing topix and trying to intelligently argue for the mayor and the 5 individuals who voted "no" for Ruler Grocery.

It's too bad they didn't remind the young whipper snapper, as well as the readers, about his "listening to the citizens" and "wanting what's best for the community" that he stumped on back in his pre-mayoral days.

The posts above, for the most part, have been the most intelligent and logical statements written in quite some time.

Here's one no one has mentioned yet. Did not the mayor also stump about job creation? Isn't cutting this new retail business some tax slack doing just that?
He did

Goldsmith, IN

#32 Feb 16, 2013
The Hardy Boys wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us a hint as to what we should look for.
Thank you
When you look them over you will see, it's that obvious!
Hmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Feb 16, 2013
Which claims?
Confused

Frankfort, IN

#34 Feb 16, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Which claims?
. To follow your suggestion, go look it up yourself.
Neighbor

Frankfort, IN

#35 Feb 19, 2013
If Ruler Foods builds a store like the pictures I've seen, I would rather have the empty lot. Talk about UGLY.
The Hardy Boys

Michigantown, IN

#36 Feb 19, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
If Ruler Foods builds a store like the pictures I've seen, I would rather have the empty lot. Talk about UGLY.
Heaven forbid you have to look at a building that employs local residents that pay local taxes that come back to the community along with bring some competition along as a free bonus.
resident

Frankfort, IN

#37 Feb 19, 2013
Neighbor wrote:
I agree with you. The building is really an eyesore. Not something that I would be proud to add to a community that is trying to clean up its image. That's why this community is such a dump..... those in charge could care less about who comes in here as long as they get tax revenue. Oh wait, they aren't getting tax revenue from the slumlords are they?
Do not judge

Michigantown, IN

#38 Feb 19, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. The building is really an eyesore. Not something that I would be proud to add to a community that is trying to clean up its image. That's why this community is such a dump..... those in charge could care less about who comes in here as long as they get tax revenue. Oh wait, they aren't getting tax revenue from the slumlords are they?
Did they present a visual to the city to review or are you two basing you opinions on what you have seen?

Be careful when you answer this question... I can assure you that someone here will already know the answer.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#39 Feb 27, 2013
According to this morning's Times Ruler Foods is still planning on opening a store in town. They are currently in the process of obtaining permits so they can begin construction.
Citizen

Frankfort, IN

#40 Feb 27, 2013
punjab wrote:
According to this morning's Times Ruler Foods is still planning on opening a store in town. They are currently in the process of obtaining permits so they can begin construction.
Good to hear.
resident

Frankfort, IN

#41 Feb 27, 2013
Do not judge wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they present a visual to the city to review or are you two basing you opinions on what you have seen?
Be careful when you answer this question... I can assure you that someone here will already know the answer.
Google Ruler Foods then click on images to see their store front. I hope it looks better than the pictures.
A realistic resident

Michigantown, IN

#42 Feb 27, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Google Ruler Foods then click on images to see their store front. I hope it looks better than the pictures.
Even if it looks like those buildings, I would think a "resident" would want new jobs.

What a hater.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mulberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marsh closing (Apr '17) 26 min Hombre 52
Drug epidemic Sat I own it 6
Jessica mendoza Sat I own it 13
fred fladd runs again - a sad day for everyone!... (Feb '11) Dec 14 jerry gardner 12
wife beater as santa? Dec 13 Real Frankfort Re... 9
Jeremy R Bennett Dec 12 I wonder 1
Conflict of Interest Dec 12 Real Frankfort Re... 9

Mulberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mulberry Mortgages