Vote for the Hot Dogs Mascot
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

#42 Mar 11, 2013
Voter wrote:
WOW! 38 posts about racism in some form or another. The original post was supposed to be about supporting the high school so that they might win some national recognition. Wouldn't that be great for Frankfort. Instead you all have turned it into another tirade about hispanics.
Sad.
Quit reading the posts if you are so tore up over it. You do have that right...
Frankly

Tampa, FL

#43 Mar 11, 2013
I grow tired of hearing about minority this or minority that.
This is the United States of America. Many different people came here from many different places around the world.

Who gives a poop whether they are white, black, red, brown, purple, or whatever else you want to put in there, if they or their forefathers and foremothers did the legal thing, they are Americans. Therefore, they should be ready able and will to defend the American ways and traditions.
That means learning our language, our customs, and our society laws. And to quit screaming about minority.

When we leave the US for travel or even a permanent move, we should take it upon ourselves to learn those same things as well.
I've had it with having to "bend" to meet the whiners who think they are above what has been happening for over 220 years.

It's a shame you have to kiss butts and suck up to be an elected official in any capacity, otherwise the USA would be a much better place to live in.

Minority... one word that destroys a great nation.
Farmer Joe

Marengo, IL

#44 Mar 11, 2013
Voter wrote:
WOW! 38 posts about racism in some form or another. The original post was supposed to be about supporting the high school so that they might win some national recognition. Wouldn't that be great for Frankfort. Instead you all have turned it into another tirade about hispanics.
Sad.
It was Punjab (again) that decided to twist statements using/inserting the word "hate" to create racism. He is very good at this. He does it in order to BAN people from message boards. For example, if someone wants to change the mascot, then Punjab spins it as "hate" and sends the poster to the Topix FA to get them banned.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#45 Mar 12, 2013
Farmer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Punjab (again) that decided to twist statements using/inserting the word "hate" to create racism. He is very good at this. He does it in order to BAN people from message boards. For example, if someone wants to change the mascot, then Punjab spins it as "hate" and sends the poster to the Topix FA to get them banned.
Again with the lies Farmer Joe. Once again, please provide the list of names of individuals that I have gotten banned on this forum.

BTW, where is your farm?
Angela

Hillsdale, IL

#46 Mar 12, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the lies Farmer Joe. Once again, please provide the list of names of individuals that I have gotten banned on this forum.
BTW, where is your farm?
I said:
I think the mascot should be changed from a Dachshund to a Chihuahua reflecting the change in the community. Frankfort is over 50% hispanic, so the mascot should change.

Then you, Punjab said: "Your general bigotry is noted. Now please go back to Illinois".

I made a statement of my thoughts. Then you called me a bigot!! Farmer Joe is right!!! You turn every issue into "hate" when it's not. Joe says, you do it to ban people, I think he is right.

Location hidden

#47 Mar 13, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
I said:
I think the mascot should be changed from a Dachshund to a Chihuahua reflecting the change in the community. Frankfort is over 50% hispanic, so the mascot should change.
Then you, Punjab said: "Your general bigotry is noted. Now please go back to Illinois".
I made a statement of my thoughts. Then you called me a bigot!! Farmer Joe is right!!! You turn every issue into "hate" when it's not. Joe says, you do it to ban people, I think he is right.
Again Angela, please provide a list of those people who I have reported to Topix and are now banned. Thank you.

Why would a Chihuahua be a better FHS mascot than a Dachshund? How exactly did a Dachshund represent the racial majority of the city before the growth of the Hispanic population?
Angela

Danville, IN

#48 Mar 13, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Again Angela, please provide a list of those people who I have reported to Topix and are now banned. Thank you.
Why would a Chihuahua be a better FHS mascot than a Dachshund? How exactly did a Dachshund represent the racial majority of the city before the growth of the Hispanic population?
What is wrong with a Chihuahua? Reflects a change in the population to more than 50% hispanic. Why did you call me a BIGOT? Why do you run from this question?
Why

Tampa, FL

#49 Mar 13, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with a Chihuahua? Reflects a change in the population to more than 50% hispanic. Why did you call me a BIGOT? Why do you run from this question?
What is wrong with keeping the tradition the same? Some of us think it's neat that we went there and now our kids are there and it's the same name and mascot. Somewhere above in another response, there were 3 generations attended.

50 percent of the population is not Hispanic.
Patty

Georgetown, KY

#50 Mar 14, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked at several of these posts and also wonder WHY Punjab used the term bigot? This (above) is NOT a statement that would warrent such language. Is Punjab trying to brand people wrongfully?
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

#51 Mar 14, 2013
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked at several of these posts and also wonder WHY Punjab used the term bigot? This (above) is NOT a statement that would warrent such language. Is Punjab trying to brand people wrongfully?
Poopjab just likes twisting things and playing the race card. I for one do not think the mascot should be changed regardless of what the racial demographics are for the city , however i do support Angela's right to voice her concern and her opinion. The problem with Poopjab is he/she can't stand to listen to the opinions of others.

Location hidden

#52 Mar 15, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the only reason you want to change the FHS mascot to a Chihuahua is due to Frankfort's Hispanic population? What would your choice for mascot be if instead of Hispanic the population was Asian? How about African-American? Y

Your connection of a Chihuahua to a growing population of Americans who just happen to be of Hispanic descent is bigoted and small minded.

I called you a bigot 'Angela' because IMHO you are one, and your statements help to prove it. Happy now?

Location hidden

#53 Mar 15, 2013
Al Czervik wrote:
<quoted text>Poopjab just likes twisting things and playing the race card.
I call them as I see them 'Al'. Your juvenile name calling ('poopjab') just proves to me how ignorant and small-minded you are.
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

#54 Mar 15, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
I call them as I see them 'Al'. Your juvenile name calling ('poopjab') just proves to me how ignorant and small-minded you are.
Ignorant??? No way. Small minded..., Maybe. But at least all my parts are god given.LOL
Farmer Joe

Noblesville, IN

#55 Mar 15, 2013
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
"Is Punjab trying to brand people wrongfully"?

Yes Punjab is!!! He likes to throw the word bigot around when he disagrees with some people. Then he tries to get them banned.
Who

Michigantown, IN

#56 Mar 15, 2013
Did he ban?

You keep saying that but you don't follow up.
Mike

Richmond, IN

#57 Mar 16, 2013
Who wrote:
Did he ban?
You keep saying that but you don't follow up.
I think a hispanic person was banned a few months back, maybe that's one of them.
Truthbetold

United States

#58 Mar 25, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with keeping the tradition the same? Some of us think it's neat that we went there and now our kids are there and it's the same name and mascot. Somewhere above in another response, there were 3 generations attended.
50 percent of the population is not Hispanic.
When my parents went to school at Frankfort night school, the mascot was a Falcon. Not a dachshund. I am only in my 20's and remember my mother talking about it several times. I don't see a big deal in changing the mascot whatsoever other then the fact that why another dog? Lets try something different like we had this time around. Also, not many people know this but, a lot of Hispanics speak fluently in Spanish BUT can NOT right their own language properly into sentences. I feel that everyone is correct about them having to learn English period point blank because that is the main language people use. It is VERY annoying trying to go and stand in line with people speaking Spanish loud and clear in front or behind you not knowing what they r saying and for all you know it IS about you... But who gives a damn? You could look over at your buddy and be in the exact same boat telling him in English they are damn idiots and ridiculously annoying and them not have a CLUE what you just said about them. To each his own. Who cares? You're in line to purchase something, not make friends right?:)
DB Coooper

West Lafayette, IN

#59 Mar 25, 2013
Heck Angela, why stop at the dog? Let`s make spanish the official laungage of Frankfort High School..........
Angela

Fountaintown, IN

#60 Mar 25, 2013
DB Coooper wrote:
Heck Angela, why stop at the dog? Let`s make spanish the official laungage of Frankfort High School..........
Actually, since the hispanic population is increasing, and within 10 years will be the majority in the US, then maybe this is NOT a bad idea. This way people can communicate with their leaders in government.
What

Frankfort, IN

#61 Mar 25, 2013
Truthbetold wrote:
<quoted text>
When my parents went to school at Frankfort night school, the mascot was a Falcon. Not a dachshund. I am only in my 20's and remember my mother talking about it several times. I don't see a big deal in changing the mascot whatsoever other then the fact that why another dog? Lets try something different like we had this time around. Also, not many people know this but, a lot of Hispanics speak fluently in Spanish BUT can NOT right their own language properly into sentences. I feel that everyone is correct about them having to learn English period point blank because that is the main language people use. It is VERY annoying trying to go and stand in line with people speaking Spanish loud and clear in front or behind you not knowing what they r saying and for all you know it IS about you... But who gives a damn? You could look over at your buddy and be in the exact same boat telling him in English they are damn idiots and ridiculously annoying and them not have a CLUE what you just said about them. To each his own. Who cares? You're in line to purchase something, not make friends right?:)
I went to Frankfort Schools and the Falcon was the mascot for Frankfort Junior High which at the time I attended was 7th and 8th grade and was located where the jail is now. As far as changing the mascot I don't understand the purpose behind it? Alot of generations that attended Frankfort are still around and I can't imagine them being okay with the change. Leave things alone and move on to another topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mulberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot Dog Festival 4 hr Curious 24
Wasted money on the Golf Course Aug 27 county support 19
parks Aug 27 Hotdog Pride 2
Heron bust Aug 26 Fedcasegoingood 6
Debate: Marijuana - Frankfort, IN (Aug '10) Aug 24 clintoncounty12in 82
What a joke: spice bust Aug 24 Be Real 7
ATT Phone Service (Feb '14) Feb '14 flowerchild 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mulberry Mortgages