Fans hope rocking nurse gets record d...

Fans hope rocking nurse gets record deal despite `American Idol...

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Fans hope rocking nurse gets record deal despite `American Idol.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Fans of Amanda Overmyer , the " American Idol " contestant with two-toned hair and a raspy voice that won comparisons to Janis Joplin , are hoping she can still land a record deal despite being cut from the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Lita Mae

Minot, ND

#1 Mar 20, 2008
I think Idol is fixed. They don't go by talent. Just bring popular It sucked to see Amanda go, she was one of the Best. Clay got rooked too. I am not going to watch anymore.too sad.
Lita Mae

Minot, ND

#2 Mar 20, 2008
Idol is getting away from real Talent. Simon does not help with his comments. he picked on Amanda, She was different! She had talent! A Shame.

Since: Aug 07

Northern Chicago Suburbs

#3 Mar 21, 2008
I also thought Amanda was good and didn't deserve to leave yet but you can't make this kind of accusation just because your favorite goes home. Simon had said before, it's a popularity contest, not based on talent. And whether it's fixed or not, all of the contestants are getting the experience and exposure of a lifetime by being on the show.
Chris

Cicero, IN

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Amanda rocks !!! America got it wrong.... should have at least been in the top 10!!!!
Shearm17

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#5 Mar 22, 2008
SynninViemaa wrote:
I also thought Amanda was good and didn't deserve to leave yet but you can't make this kind of accusation just because your favorite goes home. Simon had said before, it's a popularity contest, not based on talent. And whether it's fixed or not, all of the contestants are getting the experience and exposure of a lifetime by being on the show.
I don't know how old you are, but you seem to be wise beyond your years. You seem to be a very deep thinker and your comments have all been so true!
Greg

Hollywood, FL

#6 Mar 22, 2008
She had one sound loud and screaming. Not an american idol

Since: Aug 07

Northern Chicago Suburbs

#7 Mar 23, 2008
Shearm17 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how old you are, but you seem to be wise beyond your years. You seem to be a very deep thinker and your comments have all been so true!
Thank you so much :) I have often been told I have an "old soul" and I'm only 26 but I have been through a lot (both good and bad) in those 26 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mulberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana's Shine 99 Gets Shinier 5 hr Frankfort Resident 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sat CorruptionKiller 35
guys in lafayette NOT to date (Oct '14) Jul 31 Dana 5
fatal accident/unrestrained child Jul 31 Dana 1
Hot Dog Festival Jul 30 The Inquirer 23
Jim Moyer you crack me up! Jul 28 The Inquirer 9
Poll Does Frankfort Want A 10 Million Dollar Police ... Jul 27 MohammedIsMyCopilot 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mulberry Mortgages