Frankfort mayor made great strides, brought new energy to city in first year

Dec 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Journal and Courier

Before even stepping foot into his office in Old Stoney, Frankfort Mayor Chris McBarnes was making headlines.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of966
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
really

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jan 19, 2013
 
Facts not fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
A lesson learned for you today is come and get him because we see him for who he is... a fake. You can have him.
We want a real person who doesn't care to see their name in the media. We want 120,000 dollars back that is being paid to the PR person that makes all that crap happen. We want a person who doesn't answer to a local lumber yard owner, a auto parts store owner, a barber turned realtor, or the rest of the "rich" people.
Again, come on up and pick him up. If he isn't in a buidling downtown that is behind in their property tax, then he's out at his mommy and daddys living it up in his own room.
I will pay for his cab!

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Well...... Let this ol guy get into this umm..conversation. First and FOREMOST LOL-Avon JUST because you SAY your from Indy on your POST that means NOTHING! This ol guy has been to the City meetings for YEARS. Has been on HERE and posted on here and has ALWAYS been from ROSSVILLE unless I decided to put some DUMB address on there but Basically EVERYONE KNOWS I am from Rossville and I have NO DOG in the Frankfort race! But HERE is a bit of INFO that I just picked up that you ALL should know. Your Illustrius Mayor Sits on the Economic Development Board. They have been "looking" at the building where the old bowling alley used to be across from the Times office to tear down for a PARKING LOT. Suddenly the Economic Development Board has a meeting last week and brings up that building to purchase and YOUR illustrious Mayor stands up and says that building is NOT for sale. They ask him why and he says. "My mom and dad and brother have bought it".
Isn't that kind of Insider information? He sets on that Board and his Mom and Dad and Brother bought that Building "DIRTCHEAP". Go ask the precious Mayor about that. This ol guy don't go huntin fer Elephant unless he's LOADED fer Elephant! I'm sure LOL-Avon will have some yellin to do and all those that love your Mayor and that's fine but breakin the LAW is Breakin the LAW!
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

nu-viewer wrote:
Well...... Let this ol guy get into this umm..conversation. First and FOREMOST LOL-Avon JUST because you SAY your from Indy on your POST that means NOTHING! This ol guy has been to the City meetings for YEARS. Has been on HERE and posted on here and has ALWAYS been from ROSSVILLE unless I decided to put some DUMB address on there but Basically EVERYONE KNOWS I am from Rossville and I have NO DOG in the Frankfort race! But HERE is a bit of INFO that I just picked up that you ALL should know. Your Illustrius Mayor Sits on the Economic Development Board. They have been "looking" at the building where the old bowling alley used to be across from the Times office to tear down for a PARKING LOT. Suddenly the Economic Development Board has a meeting last week and brings up that building to purchase and YOUR illustrious Mayor stands up and says that building is NOT for sale. They ask him why and he says. "My mom and dad and brother have bought it".
Isn't that kind of Insider information? He sets on that Board and his Mom and Dad and Brother bought that Building "DIRTCHEAP". Go ask the precious Mayor about that. This ol guy don't go huntin fer Elephant unless he's LOADED fer Elephant! I'm sure LOL-Avon will have some yellin to do and all those that love your Mayor and that's fine but breakin the LAW is Breakin the LAW!
Holy poop, we agree on something. Very good post sir...
Seriously

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

First of all the bowling alley is in the basement of the Edward D Jones office and I doubt they were going to tear down that entire building...that would accomplish nothing unless you tore down the whole block! Second of all I didn't realize it was illegal to purchase property! Makes more sense to sell the building to someone who will pay taxes on it then to tear it down! You people need to wake up...the more McBarnes name is put out there the more attention that is drawn to our community which means our small town will be publicized more and hopefully help with economic growth. I have never in my life heard of so much jealously as I've heard on here. Sounds like the person in Rossville is the same one that McBarnes beat in the election! Face it this community needs all the publicity it can get...why do you people want to stop progress...so what if he wants to take the credit...bottom line is more businesses more jobs period.
really

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LOL-Avon wrote:
Hey Old man he is somebody and obviously 99.99% of residents think so as well. This young man has been nominated one of the top three mayors in Indiana for the progession of Frankfort you people in Frankfort really need to get more educated. We here in Indianpolis would love and welcome him here this young man is going places and Im sure places you will never see in you lifetime. He will take Frankfort to level it has never been and will be a much bigger and better Frankfort when he leaves and enters into his next bigger opportunity!! I think you all will Realize then Chris McBarnes will be known all over and is going to make it bigger than anyone that has ever lived in Frankfort. Remember I said this... Now go ahead with your negitive comments it really shows all your imaturity. Jealousy gets you nowhere. A lesson learned for you today starting education 101!
99.99% really!!! You are as full of it at your Nephew Chris. No wonder you want the rest of us to live in this "dreamland" because its obvious you do!!!! Good greif.
Clear thoughts

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Seriously wrote:
First of all the bowling alley is in the basement of the Edward D Jones office and I doubt they were going to tear down that entire building...that would accomplish nothing unless you tore down the whole block! Second of all I didn't realize it was illegal to purchase property! Makes more sense to sell the building to someone who will pay taxes on it then to tear it down! You people need to wake up...the more McBarnes name is put out there the more attention that is drawn to our community which means our small town will be publicized more and hopefully help with economic growth. I have never in my life heard of so much jealously as I've heard on here. Sounds like the person in Rossville is the same one that McBarnes beat in the election! Face it this community needs all the publicity it can get...why do you people want to stop progress...so what if he wants to take the credit...bottom line is more businesses more jobs period.
Then they turn around and sell that same property to the city or county for an inflated Steve Harris appraised rate. Yep, that's all above the board now isn't it.

Economic growth? Letting a company that sells groceries get away? Loosing an SIA warehouse to Boone county? A major name lumber yard to Lebanon? Is that the kind of economic growth you want?

If its true that Alan Dunn has convinced the county or city to purchase a factory and tear it down, that would not make good economic sense either.

If the definition of jealousy is using good common sense to see the terrible decisions that are being made, then yes indeed we are guilty.

No wise person wants to stop progress, we just want true progress. Not b.s. lip service.
Seriously

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jan 20, 2013
 
Clear thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they turn around and sell that same property to the city or county for an inflated Steve Harris appraised rate. Yep, that's all above the board now isn't it.
Economic growth? Letting a company that sells groceries get away? Loosing an SIA warehouse to Boone county? A major name lumber yard to Lebanon? Is that the kind of economic growth you want?
If its true that Alan Dunn has convinced the county or city to purchase a factory and tear it down, that would not make good economic sense either.
If the definition of jealousy is using good common sense to see the terrible decisions that are being made, then yes indeed we are guilty.
No wise person wants to stop progress, we just want true progress. Not b.s. lip service.
Ok if they do turn around and sell that property then I agree with you that it was not above the board and people should be outraged. As far as the SIA warehouse, lumberyard, and Kroger getting away...shouldn't happen. I haven't heard anything about buying a factory for expansion of the airport except for on this site. That shouldn't happen either. But I don't think McBarnes was in office when SIA and Menards got away so let's just sit back and see what happens. You can't blame him for what the past administration has done. If you turn out to be right then I'll eat crow!
Clear thoughts

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok if they do turn around and sell that property then I agree with you that it was not above the board and people should be outraged. As far as the SIA warehouse, lumberyard, and Kroger getting away...shouldn't happen. I haven't heard anything about buying a factory for expansion of the airport except for on this site. That shouldn't happen either. But I don't think McBarnes was in office when SIA and Menards got away so let's just sit back and see what happens. You can't blame him for what the past administration has done. If you turn out to be right then I'll eat crow!
My point here isn't that the mayor was around when all that happened, my point is all the people that he has surrounded himself with were.

Those same people are pulling his strings that did back with previous Stock administration.

Most people didn't like Pipinger, but he wouldn't listen to those string pullers. Those guys did a great job of shutting him down. It also has to be said that he had someone advising him that didn't always get it right either.

Most of us want to see jobs come, the city do well, and life to go on. But seeing all these press releases saying me, me, me, and the things not being done as he said they would in his candidacy is frustrating as hell.
Clear thoughts

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jan 20, 2013
 
Also it's not about eating crow, it's about seeing things done ethically.
Holy poop

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok if they do turn around and sell that property then I agree with you that it was not above the board and people should be outraged. As far as the SIA warehouse, lumberyard, and Kroger getting away...shouldn't happen. I haven't heard anything about buying a factory for expansion of the airport except for on this site. That shouldn't happen either. But I don't think McBarnes was in office when SIA and Menards got away so let's just sit back and see what happens. You can't blame him for what the past administration has done. If you turn out to be right then I'll eat crow!
You can't have it both ways my friend. If he wasn't around when Menards and SIA got away and you blame it on the past
administration, then why is it you people give him the credit for
the East side drainage and Maish Road project? This stuff was also getting done from the past administration and he just happen to be elected in office when finished. Don't take credit for what others did but hey that is what McBarnes is about, me,me and me..

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

First and FOREMOST I ain't Never ran for no MAYOR in Frankfort Seriously, SEE THE ADDRESS? Would be kinda dumb ta spend the money! Sheesh! Secondly how old are you 12? ANYONE with ANY age on them KNOWS that before the Bowling alley was built out on 28 the bowling alley was ACCROSS THE STREET FROM THE TIMES where the Antique Store is. I am OLD but NOT senile. That is why I get a kick out of this site people LOVE to shoot off and MOST the times NEVER have thier facts straight. BTW I got a BIG bowl a CROW when yer ready. It'll all come out. Maybe not just this minute but, BAD begats bad my friend and there is OLD saying...."ALL THAT GLITTERS AINT GOLD"
Seriously

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

nu-viewer wrote:
First and FOREMOST I ain't Never ran for no MAYOR in Frankfort Seriously, SEE THE ADDRESS? Would be kinda dumb ta spend the money! Sheesh! Secondly how old are you 12? ANYONE with ANY age on them KNOWS that before the Bowling alley was built out on 28 the bowling alley was ACCROSS THE STREET FROM THE TIMES where the Antique Store is. I am OLD but NOT senile. That is why I get a kick out of this site people LOVE to shoot off and MOST the times NEVER have thier facts straight. BTW I got a BIG bowl a CROW when yer ready. It'll all come out. Maybe not just this minute but, BAD begats bad my friend and there is OLD saying...."ALL THAT GLITTERS AINT GOLD"
Check your facts my friend...the old bowling alley was underneath the Edward D. Jones office on the corner of Jackson and Clinton, you had to enter from Clinton St. the stairs are still there, not across the street from the Times. I was there many moons ago. And I will apologize for the accusation of running for Mayor, I was thinking that one of the candidates was originally from the Rossville area. Having said that there are ways to find out if the purchase of the building is true...go to the courthouse and check records. You accused me of not getting my facts...did you? Everyone would rather get on here and jump to conclusions instead of finding the truth. You are right though...time will tell! Then we'll see who eats crow!

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

If I had a BUZZER I would have to HIT it ! Your STILL wrong! the BOWLING ALLEY was called SHORES BOWLING ALLEY and had a BIG NEON BOWLING PIN outside of it ALL the kids at the Junior High had to cross the street and bowl there for Physical Education. Just what I thought, your either 12 or totally do NOT have any facts straight. I'm old there kiddo been around a few more years. I attend these meetings CITY AND COUNTY. I have been a registered VOTER since I was allowed to BE one because we have FREEDOM do so. How many times have YOU gone to a meeting? How many reps. of the city county have YOU spoken to? And I guess as far as VENTING like you so well called me horrible names on your post about the Mayor's Cadillac. "Name calling shows a lack of Education for better ability to express oneself"
Huh

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 21, 2013
 
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok if they do turn around and sell that property then I agree with you that it was not above the board and people should be outraged. As far as the SIA warehouse, lumberyard, and Kroger getting away...shouldn't happen. I haven't heard anything about buying a factory for expansion of the airport except for on this site. That shouldn't happen either. But I don't think McBarnes was in office when SIA and Menards got away so let's just sit back and see what happens. You can't blame him for what the past administration has done. If you turn out to be right then I'll eat crow!
Could you point me to a recent topix post that references anything about the airport expanding??? Your comment is the first time I have heard of such a thing
Seriously

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 21, 2013
 
nu-viewer wrote:
If I had a BUZZER I would have to HIT it ! Your STILL wrong! the BOWLING ALLEY was called SHORES BOWLING ALLEY and had a BIG NEON BOWLING PIN outside of it ALL the kids at the Junior High had to cross the street and bowl there for Physical Education. Just what I thought, your either 12 or totally do NOT have any facts straight. I'm old there kiddo been around a few more years. I attend these meetings CITY AND COUNTY. I have been a registered VOTER since I was allowed to BE one because we have FREEDOM do so. How many times have YOU gone to a meeting? How many reps. of the city county have YOU spoken to? And I guess as far as VENTING like you so well called me horrible names on your post about the Mayor's Cadillac. "Name calling shows a lack of Education for better ability to express oneself"
Whatever...doesn't matter what I say you're always going to be right...so be it!
Seriously

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jan 21, 2013
 
nu-viewer wrote:
If I had a BUZZER I would have to HIT it ! Your STILL wrong! the BOWLING ALLEY was called SHORES BOWLING ALLEY and had a BIG NEON BOWLING PIN outside of it ALL the kids at the Junior High had to cross the street and bowl there for Physical Education. Just what I thought, your either 12 or totally do NOT have any facts straight. I'm old there kiddo been around a few more years. I attend these meetings CITY AND COUNTY. I have been a registered VOTER since I was allowed to BE one because we have FREEDOM do so. How many times have YOU gone to a meeting? How many reps. of the city county have YOU spoken to? And I guess as far as VENTING like you so well called me horrible names on your post about the Mayor's Cadillac. "Name calling shows a lack of Education for better ability to express oneself"
Seriously, go back and look...don't see where I called you horrible names? You're the one calling people brats etc.
Seriously

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jan 21, 2013
 
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you point me to a recent topix post that references anything about the airport expanding??? Your comment is the first time I have heard of such a thing
Post #19 under McBs Cadillac. It was posted by Nu-Viewer the BIG MOUTH who seems to know everything!
Got it

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jan 21, 2013
 
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #19 under McBs Cadillac. It was posted by Nu-Viewer the BIG MOUTH who seems to know everything!
Now the post makes sense. I didn't understand the 15 foot comment. Thanks
I be nu-viewer is the loud mouthed preacher...
old man

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

seriously you have to get your story right before you can make more comets! shores bowling alley was NOT in the basement in the ed jones! it was street level. i to was in junior high and bowled there. if they tear down the building then down goes the the top of the building. you dont seam to understand that. i know its hard to take when you are not right, but come on man you have your facts wrong! if the mayor knew this and had his mom & dad buy this building then it was just plan wrong! oh by the way he did know this. everybody knew this!

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Jan 23, 2013
 
FYI- The sale of the Old "SHORES BOWLING ALLEY"-(That sits on the WEST side of Prarie Creek that ANYONE over there who went to the JR. HIGH had to BOWL there. The SIGN is STILL there under the FAKE front)will take place with the owner of the building AND MAYOR MCBARNES MOM,DAD and BROTHER, TODAY! "Seriously", you need to read the Top 2 posts. I Have NEVER Tended toward KNOWING it ALL. But I can tell ya this. This ol' Guy has NEVER Gone a Huntin fer Elephant les he's a LOADED fer ELEPHANT! I was wearing "short pants when you were a "gleam" in your mothers eye. I mean no disrespect, I LOVE this county, BUT, Glad I do NOT live in YOUR city. I SEE and HEAR enough. AS I said I attend all meetings, read and VOTE do YOU? Remember, I said attend the meetings and read as WELL as vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of966
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mulberry Discussions

Search the Mulberry Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Indiana cougar sightings to become common (May '08) 6 hr dlp 126
Coomers Sawmill up in flames again 7 hr jail bird 9
Beginning of the end for Parkview Home? (Sep '13) 7 hr SERIOUSLY 96
Mayor's email address 7 hr Punjab is 24
Fatal Mulberry Fire-Meth, Electrical, or Accide... 10 hr Concerned 10
Weeks' victim has seduced before? 18 hr Silence 59
Trouble at Parkview Fri Tinas daughter 31
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mulberry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mulberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mulberry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mulberry
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••