Fatal chase: Speeding teen driver killed after crashing into tow truck

Full story: Fox6 30
A 19-year-old driver from Genesee was killed after leading police on a chase. Waukesha County Sheriffs Deputies were attempting to pull the vehicle over for driving erratically in the area of Hwy 83 and Hwy NN ind Mukwonago. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
another tax payer

Milwaukee, WI

#1 May 16, 2010
Its too bad that we have to lose another child because of a pursuit when all they had to do was call in the plate # and go get him at his house like a good cop would do instead of chasing a teen that the cop knows is inexperienced at driving. But no lets chase him till someone dies. How ignorant our police can be. I think we need a no chase policy under circumstances like this. England has it where there is no chases. I could see if it was a felony situation but all it was for was driving eraticly. dumb kid but stupider cop if you ask me.Our police in this state love to get into high speed chases and watch people die apparently
also a taxpayer

Sussex, WI

#2 May 16, 2010
so its the cops fault he was driving erratic
its the cops fault he turned his lights off
its the cops fault he was driving on the wrong side of the road...and to top it off, its the cops fault the kid died... sad and tragic story but no one to blame but the kid who ran. Innocent people dont run from the cops!!!!!
kkj

Delavan, WI

#3 May 16, 2010
another tax payer wrote:
Its too bad that we have to lose another child because of a pursuit when all they had to do was call in the plate # and go get him at his house like a good cop would do instead of chasing a teen that the cop knows is inexperienced at driving. But no lets chase him till someone dies. How ignorant our police can be. I think we need a no chase policy under circumstances like this. England has it where there is no chases. I could see if it was a felony situation but all it was for was driving eraticly. dumb kid but stupider cop if you ask me.Our police in this state love to get into high speed chases and watch people die apparently
I have to totally disagree with you on this.
20% of the vehicles that we deal with in our line of work, and we are not police officers, the plates do not belong on those vehicles, and usually don't even come back to the person driving the vehicle.
This kid, before the "chase" could have hit and killed you, because he obviously started to run, because he was either on something, or no DL or probabtion...those are the usual reasons for them to run, plus he must not have been wearing his seat belt as he was apparantly ejected from the vehicle.
Shut your lights off, that is even more stupid.
If they would have harsher penalties for all of these idiots that do run from the police, maybe we wouldn't have these problems. And with people like you who say the police shouldn't do their job, and stating that your name for your post is "another tax payer" i would think you would be happy, because, had the kid lived, it would have been your tax dollars that would pay for his attorney, the trial, and him to be in jail.
kkj

Delavan, WI

#4 May 16, 2010
also a taxpayer wrote:
so its the cops fault he was driving erratic
its the cops fault he turned his lights off
its the cops fault he was driving on the wrong side of the road...and to top it off, its the cops fault the kid died... sad and tragic story but no one to blame but the kid who ran. Innocent people dont run from the cops!!!!!
GOOD FOR YOU< YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!!
kkj

Delavan, WI

#5 May 16, 2010
another tax payer wrote:
Its too bad that we have to lose another child because of a pursuit when all they had to do was call in the plate # and go get him at his house like a good cop would do instead of chasing a teen that the cop knows is inexperienced at driving. But no lets chase him till someone dies. How ignorant our police can be. I think we need a no chase policy under circumstances like this. England has it where there is no chases. I could see if it was a felony situation but all it was for was driving eraticly. dumb kid but stupider cop if you ask me.Our police in this state love to get into high speed chases and watch people die apparently
look him up on wisconsin circuit court access, you will see that he just did this last year, was on probation, had served jail/huber time.
meow

Watertown, WI

#6 May 16, 2010
The car could have been stolen. So tracing the license plate may not have helped. When the police started the chase, how were they suppose to know that he would do what he did? When he turned off his headlights, he didn't realize that the police could still see his taillights. Maybe he was afraid of going back to jail.
afriendofafriend

Milwaukee, WI

#7 May 16, 2010
he had gotten in trouble with the law before... but he recently became a Christian... i do not know why he was doing what he was doing last night... we all thought he had given up all that stuff. i'm just glad he's with the Lord now.
no name

Milwaukee, WI

#8 May 16, 2010
none of you know him or know what he was going through in his life so i ask as his friend if you dont make harsh judgements about him...
tobeforgivenisto forgive

Milwaukee, WI

#9 May 16, 2010
Yes, it was wrong what this 19 year old young man did, by fleeing the police, and yes, thank God no one else was hurt. Yet, I don't appreciate the comment by "kkj" calling this dead boy an "idiot". I wonder how perfect "kkj" was at 19. Maybe kkj had an ivy league life with no problems but most of the real world isn't like that. Most people look back when they were 19 and thank God that they got through some of their "not so smart decisions". This young man has parents and possibly siblings, and my sympathy goes out to them. There can be no worse pain then a parent losing a child, regardless of the reason. The only solace that they can have (and it is a great blessing and comfort) is that he accepted Christ as His Savior. Thank God for that. As the one writer said, he is with the Lord now.
meow

Watertown, WI

#10 May 16, 2010
What a person did last year is totally irrevelent to what happen that night he died. I wonder how much kkj has under wisconsin circuit court access.
kkj

Delavan, WI

#11 May 17, 2010
tobeforgivenistoforgive wrote:
Yes, it was wrong what this 19 year old young man did, by fleeing the police, and yes, thank God no one else was hurt. Yet, I don't
appreciate the comment by "kkj" calling this dead boy an "idiot". I wonder how perfect "kkj" was at 19. Maybe kkj had an ivy league life with no problems but most of the real world isn't like that. Most people look back when they were 19 and thank God that they got through some of their "not so smart decisions". This young man has parents and possibly siblings, and my sympathy goes out to them. There can be no worse pain then a parent losing a child, regardless of the reason. The only solace that they can have (and it is a great blessing and comfort) is that he accepted Christ as His Savior. Thank God for that. As the one writer said, he is with the Lord now.
No one that made comments about this kids family, you brought that in yourself. No one said that they didn't feel sorry for his family. Who wouldn't, they are the ones that suffer the most.
If that tow truck driver, other deputy, or the motorist that was being assisted was killed, then what would you say. Anyone who runs from the police is an idiot. Regardless of the age.


kkj

Delavan, WI

#12 May 17, 2010
meow wrote:
What a person did last year is totally irrevelent to what happen that night he died. I wonder how much kkj has under wisconsin circuit court access.
seriously, yes, your little mind would turn this onto someone else, and if i had anything under circuit court, I wouldn't have opened my mouth.
And no, what someone did last year, is not totally irrevelent. It shows that they have a history of the same thing, not any different than a drunk driver, or drug addict.
Again, ANYONE who runs from the police is an idiot. I don't care what the circumstances are. Anyone who is killed by someone running from the police, it is, and will always be their families who suffer. Whether you believe that person to be with the Lord or not. They are still not here with us.
again and again

Sussex, WI

#13 May 17, 2010
meow wrote:
What a person did last year is totally irrevelent to what happen that night he died. I wonder how much kkj has under wisconsin circuit court access.
how is it not irrelevant if its the same thing he did last time..It shows he has a habit of running from the cops.everyone makes mistakes, but to go it again....
PUNKY

Watertown, WI

#14 May 17, 2010
KKJ, if you had made a mistake last year and had a run in with the law, Would you repeat that mistake over and over again? Or would you try to keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble? Maybe this kid was really trying to stay out of trouble and just panic when he saw the cop becvause of his previous record. Did that thought ever occur to you. What were like at 19?
do we

Sussex, WI

#15 May 17, 2010
PUNKY wrote:
KKJ, if you had made a mistake last year and had a run in with the law, Would you repeat that mistake over and over again? Or would you try to keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble? Maybe this kid was really trying to stay out of trouble and just panic when he saw the cop becvause of his previous record. Did that thought ever occur to you. What were like at 19?
so he has a habit of doing this is what your trying to say...If he didnt do anything wrong and its been a whole year since his last "mistake" then he should have learned in that whole year..Instead he chose to run again, keyword=again....let me say it AGAIN

do we let a rapist go because he only did it once and it was a year ago??
Madisonguy

Allston, MA

#16 May 17, 2010
How are the police supposed to know if the the car belongs to the driver. What if it is a stolen car? Steal a car and do whatever you want in the car because you know the police will not chase a fleeing driver????

What if they are running because someone they are holding someone in the in the car against their wil, maybe a carjackl victim or a kid or a abused spouse?. Imagine the uproar if the police saw a traffic crime and did not chase...and a victim in the car was later killed. Everyone would be asking why the police did not engage in the pusuit. You are critical but the kid broke the law and then tried to run.
another tax payer wrote:
Its too bad that we have to lose another child because of a pursuit when all they had to do was call in the plate # and go get him at his house like a good cop would do instead of chasing a teen that the cop knows is inexperienced at driving. But no lets chase him till someone dies. How ignorant our police can be. I think we need a no chase policy under circumstances like this. England has it where there is no chases. I could see if it was a felony situation but all it was for was driving eraticly. dumb kid but stupider cop if you ask me.Our police in this state love to get into high speed chases and watch people die apparently
kkj

Delavan, WI

#17 May 17, 2010
PUNKY wrote:
KKJ, if you had made a mistake last year and had a run in with the law, Would you repeat that mistake over and over again? Or would you try to keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble? Maybe this kid was really trying to stay out of trouble and just panic when he saw the cop becvause of his previous record. Did that thought ever occur to you. What were like at 19?
i guess if i was trouble when i was 19, you would have read about me too, but you didn't, and this has nothing to do with what anyone was like at 19. The fact remains, HE RAN FROM THE PO PO, DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?? HE BROUGHT IT ALL ON BY HIMSELF, NO ONE DRAGGED HIM INTO THIS> DUH
Mother from Genesee

Milwaukee, WI

#18 May 18, 2010
Very uncompfortable story. Everyone was hurt. The police had to re-act. The poor child obviously didn't know what to do.
omg

Perry, MI

#19 May 18, 2010
I agree with everyone on here when they say this 19 year old boy is an idiot. You can say whatever you want. Its the truth. It may be hard to hear but it is a fact. He had no remorse for the others who were in his path of destruction. He was driving erraticly through Mukwonago, that is why the chase started. It didn't matter that his license plate came back to the cops and said the boy was on probation. They wont start chasing you for that reason alone. He obviously was doing something wrong. To me this crash was completely 100% a suicidal. To turn your lights off 100ft before a tow truck and smash right into it. He had no care for the cops, or the tow truck driver. If he would have harmed them and he lived that man would have a lot of people to answer to and thank god that is not the situation. So say what you want that he is a christian..he is not. If you are trying to kill yourself do it alone do not put others in harms way, they have families and people around then who love them and they do not deserve to die due to your lack of control on your life!
eNo

Kenosha, WI

#20 May 18, 2010
Charlie made a series of very poor decisions, and he paid for it with his life. If he made any one of those decisions differently he may still be alive... not run from police, not drive the wrong way, not turn off his lights, wear his seatbelt, not go 100mph. Why he made those decisions we'll never really know, and whether he was impaired or whether you think his is an idiot is completely irrelevant at this point. It is a pointless tragedy that should not have happened. Charlie paid the price, may he now rest in peace. The only positive thing here is that no one else was hurt or killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mukwonago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last message by singer for robert f bottoni Jun '14 ROBERT FRANK BOTTONI 1
Your continuing drunkeness Jun '14 John I Singer 1
Boyfriend Found Guilty in Gail Masset Murder (Aug '07) Oct '13 amy 2
$10,000 Powerball ticket sold in Tomah (Mar '13) Mar '13 Playslip 1
Strobel retires from Mukwonago School District (Mar '13) Mar '13 Denice Martenet 1
UPDATED: Cancer Patient, 4, Leaves Hospital to ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 91V3UP 2
Happy Halloween (Oct '12) Oct '12 Boris Lukoff 1
Mukwonago Dating
Find my Match

Mukwonago Jobs

Mukwonago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mukwonago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mukwonago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]