Stockpiling for tough times

Stockpiling for tough times

There are 3 comments on the The Herald story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Stockpiling for tough times. In it, The Herald reports that:

Dan Bates / The Herald Darren Davis pours oats into cans while Cherrideth Campbell packs them and passes them down to Andrea Sifuentes at the Bishop's Storehouse in Mukilteo on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Herald.

tex

Spring, TX

#1 Jul 9, 2008
Does Hannah Rebekah have a pantry in her fifth wheel or do they pull a pantry trailer behind the fifth wheel?

We were told stockpile water and essentials before Hurricane Katrina and Rita? My friend thought beefaroni was gross. I told her it might taste pretty good if you had gone without food for a few days?

I have no problem with people stockpiling food and water if it makes them feel better. Warehouses are good, but you can't get there in a hurricane. We saw the shelves depleted. You couldn't find bottled water in some cases. I got any kind of liquid drink I could find.

I also got wood and other things to grill after the hurricane in case we didn't have power and filled up all the trashcans with water to use for other things.

A lot of people had no clue what to do in a hurricane.
turk

United States

#2 Jul 9, 2008
Um, Tex, we don't have hurricanes up here.

This sounds like Y2K all over again. The people that were SELLING all the survival goods made a killing; the people that were BUYING all the survival goods are still eating beans and baking with stale flour.
Tex

Spring, TX

#3 Jul 10, 2008
My friend from Nebraska had no clue what to do either and refused to buy canned spaghetti or beefaroni because it's just so gross and she cooks from scratch. She had a huge freezer full of stuff, but if the elec. went out, she would lose everything.

I had about 2 laundry baskets of emergency food and it's long since gone.

It was really scary when the winds came. We had only a few hours without power. My friend from Nebraska drove to her in-laws in Arkansas and had tornadoes and loss of power. It was worse there than here. She has since moved there with her family full-time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mukilteo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lynnwood (Dec '16) Wed Olivia0119 64
Review: Sound Air Solutions (Jan '11) Jun 30 Riley M 47
Cory McElroy @ Aquarium Co op Jun 30 FishKeeper 1
Everett City Planners and Boeing (Sep '12) Jun '17 Cyndi A 4
Lynnwood Tavern - it was an icon in it's day (Jan '10) Apr '17 Larry 9
Celebrate Recovery (Feb '12) Mar '17 Chrismara 7
Lk Serene Homes Flooding Feb '17 Debbie Bly-Olsen 1

Mukilteo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance