Fatal Hit and Run in Cooke County

Fatal Hit and Run in Cooke County

There are 13 comments on the KXII-TV Sherman story from Jul 24, 2011, titled Fatal Hit and Run in Cooke County. In it, KXII-TV Sherman reports that:

About 4:00 a.m. Saturday, DPS troopers got a call about a hit and run at 82 and FM 1198.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXII-TV Sherman.

waldo

Gainesville, TX

#1 Jul 25, 2011
I wonder how often there will have to be horrible accidents involving drunk Muensterittes and the innocent public, before they wake up? Dont get me wrong, if they want to get drunk and kill themselves, thats fine with me. But they dont. The drunk driver always walks away unhurt. First a lawyers drunk son kills 2 innocent girls, then this a@#clown plows down and destroys this family. He should have done the right thing when he got home and blown his brains out, he dosen't deserve life. The lawyers drunken son got a slap on the hand and so will this buttwhipe. Money can buy freedom and foregiveness in Muenster!
Susan

Royse City, TX

#2 Jul 26, 2011
I believe it isn't up to us to judge anyone. This is so sad for everyone involved. Mostly for the family who lost a husband, father, son, brother. But we have to remember this.... The person who caused this has a family too. He has children and they DID NOT cause this so your harsh words hurt them. They are the ones who read this. I will pray for the families affected by this tragic accident and I pray that they all find peace.
meany

Little Elm, TX

#3 Jul 28, 2011
i have no sympathy for the killers family, his choices do not justify sympathy for his family. its obvious he didnt love his family or HE would not put them thru this. he had no concerns for the family he plowed down, so he and his family get none. killers deserve to be killed, and he destoyed an entire family so his family deserves all the misery HE brought upon them. AN EYE FOR AN EYE!!! go sit in the front row of church and the pedophile priest will teach you that.
Disagree

Van Alstyne, TX

#4 Jul 28, 2011
Susan I disagree with your comment about "it's not up to us to judge anyone". Where did this come from? We definitely have to judge a person's actions. If there were no judgement we would have no law. Man judges actions and God judges the soul. It's this misconception that allows criminals to get away with murder. I agree it is a tragedy for both family's but the criminal still has to pay for his actions. It's sad that all family members pay for this man's selfish decision. He put his wants and needs above everybody else's and has caused a lifetime of pain for so many people. It could have been your family he plowed through. You would definitely be feeling different. You can't even begin to imagine the pain unless you've experienced it personally.
Karla

Lewisville, TX

#5 Jul 29, 2011
meany wrote:
i have no sympathy for the killers family, his choices do not justify sympathy for his family. its obvious he didnt love his family or HE would not put them thru this. he had no concerns for the family he plowed down, so he and his family get none. killers deserve to be killed, and he destoyed an entire family so his family deserves all the misery HE brought upon them. AN EYE FOR AN EYE!!! go sit in the front row of church and the pedophile priest will teach you that.
What church do you attend??? If you call yourself a Christian I think you need to pick up the Bible again and make sure you read it SLOWLY this time!!! I pray that someone in your family NEVER does anything to hurt someone else because I would hate for everyone to blame YOU, even if you had no part in the event. I think what he did was wrong and he needs to be PUNISHED..but not his family. Everyone makes there own choices in life! I pray for the families my heart goes out to everyone that was hurt.
meany

Gainesville, TX

#6 Jul 29, 2011
Karla wrote:
<quoted text>
What church do you attend??? If you call yourself a Christian I think you need to pick up the Bible again and make sure you read it SLOWLY this time!!! I pray that someone in your family NEVER does anything to hurt someone else because I would hate for everyone to blame YOU, even if you had no part in the event. I think what he did was wrong and he needs to be PUNISHED..but not his family. Everyone makes there own choices in life! I pray for the families my heart goes out to everyone that was hurt.
I didnt blame hoss' family, I said he brought this misery upon his family, HIS choices, HIS actions. You cant tell me the whole family didn't know he was a drunkard. They tolerated and made excuses for him being a drunk, rather than trying to help his miserable, worthless a$@. I do pray for Hoss and his family, I pray he burns in Hell, and I pray his family will forget he ever lived. How can a person mow down a family, then sneek home and hide like the worthless piece of s#@$% he really is. He disgusts me and dosen't deserve to be called a human. And as for the church question, I dont attend, I dont want my childern to be molested by "a man of God".
Ronda

Valley View, TX

#7 Aug 13, 2011
Meany, you have no right to say this about the killers family! They were not a part of this. Hoss Knabe made the choice for himself. His family did not! This family was estranged from the horrible killer! They do not deserve to suffer at the hands of him! My prayers are with them as well as the Rohmer Family. May God deal with your mean words to innocent people!
Ronda

Valley View, TX

#8 Aug 13, 2011
meany wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt blame hoss' family, I said he brought this misery upon his family, HIS choices, HIS actions. You cant tell me the whole family didn't know he was a drunkard. They tolerated and made excuses for him being a drunk, rather than trying to help his miserable, worthless a$@. I do pray for Hoss and his family, I pray he burns in Hell, and I pray his family will forget he ever lived. How can a person mow down a family, then sneek home and hide like the worthless piece of s#@$% he really is. He disgusts me and dosen't deserve to be called a human. And as for the church question, I dont attend, I dont want my childern to be molested by "a man of God".
you clearly said you have not sympathy for the killers family! same as blaming him. In case you did not know, his family had rided themselves of him because of his actions, many months before!
Karla

Lewisville, TX

#9 Aug 13, 2011
WHAT?!?!? Where did you get that your children will be molested if you go to church??? I have to laugh...when I read what you stated!! The best thing you can do is go to Wal-Mart and buy yourself a Bible and read it (since you cannot go to church). Again, everyone makes their own choices "Period"!!! His family may have known what was going on but please tell me what they were to do about it? Tie him down, chain him to his bed, put him in time out?!?! Please tell everyone on this post how you know for sure that his family never did anything to help? I do not think what he did was right and he needs to pay for what he did, but "AGAIN" his family is not to blame for what "HE" did and the choices "HE" made!!! And what you stated, "I pray his family will forget he ever lived", is that how you would feel if that was one of your kids?? Believe me your kids will not always do what you want of them..if you think they will I have to laugh!!!
pedro

Gainesville, TX

#10 Oct 23, 2011
Karla wrote:
WHAT?!?!? Where did you get that your children will be molested if you go to church??? I have to laugh...when I read what you stated!!!
I watch the news everyday, and at least once a weak there is a story about a pervert priest molesting kids. Churches are filing bankrupicy rather than pay all the victims. The churches have been covering this up for centuries and they will continue to do so for centuries to come.
mr mean

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2012
Karla wrote:
is that how you would feel if that was one of your kids?? Believe me your kids will not always do what you want of them..if you think they will I have to laugh!!!
No i don't expect that my kids will do everything i ask, but if i know that they are out-of-control drunks that run down an entire family, then go hide like a coward(hoping the drugs and booze wear off before cops show up), I would wash my hands of them. I surley wouldn't go to court and cry and whine about what great kids they were.
Muenster1

Muenster, TX

#12 Jul 19, 2013
You need to get your information correct. The Bartush boy is not a lawyer's son!
Whesel

Gainesville, TX

#13 Oct 29, 2017
Muenster1 wrote:
You need to get your information correct. The Bartush boy is not a lawyer's son!
Still a murderer, none the less & grandpa’s money got him off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muenster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County Commissioner Mar '18 Diane Staley 1
5 year old found under trailer Feb '18 concerned 1
Man run over on I-35 Feb '18 gainesville resident 1
News Gainesville man dies in house fire (Apr '09) Feb '18 Letsfindout 528
Who Murdered Barry Pruitt ? (Mar '10) Dec '17 Inagreement 18
Patrick Fleitman Murder (Feb '08) Nov '17 Totheheartofstone 77
Sunset in Muenster Tx (Sep '17) Sep '17 Peggy DeLancy 1

Muenster Jobs

Personal Finance

Muenster Mortgages