SBe14

Chesterfield, MO

#21 May 11, 2009
mudpuppy wrote:
I know several people from Mousie. Do any of you know Loberta Conley, or the Huff's, "Eddie, Catherine, Garland and Avonell?"
hey, i know the huff's...are you from mousie?
mousie41839

United States

#22 May 14, 2009
Yes i do know a lot of people in mousie , and still live there. I am the same age as eddie huff and know him and his family.
mousie41839

United States

#23 May 14, 2009
I also knew loberta well. when she was married to gary short and lived at the mouth of brar fork.
SBe14

Chesterfield, MO

#24 May 16, 2009
Eddie lives in Mississippi now....
who cares

Chesterfield, MO

#25 Jul 24, 2009
mudpuppy wrote:
I was wondering if Mousie has changed any since I was there last. There used to be one store there owned and operated by Jr. Combs and one Service Station, a Post Office and a School. Has the community grown any?
it still the same old place nothing has changed
totheuninformed

United States

#26 Jul 25, 2009
mudslut wrote:
<quoted text>Totally True...Nobody even tells jokes...And laughter is good for the soul...
Obviously you don't know anything about Mousie. We tell jokes just like the rest of the world, we are friendly and courteous to visiters and we look out for friends and family.
Martin Ky

Lancaster, PA

#27 Jun 4, 2010
lol. I don't know what you guys really know about Mousie. I grew up there. Over 20 years of my life living in this small town. All i would have to do is say my name and any of you that know anyone here would know me. Let me say a few things about Mousie. For one, it's over-ran with drugs, drug dealers, and rehab rejects. There are 2 stores. Mousie BP, and Mousie Market. Jr Combs ran Mousie Market ever since I can remember, Ricky cox I think it was, took it over for like a year, and now I guess Jr Combs has it back.. But to another point... Steven Segall??? Are you serious... Steven Segall fans? A fat hasbeen wannabe Karate hag that actually thinks he's a bad ass... And the movie FIRE DOWN BELOW that he filmed here.. HA, you gotta be fcking kidding me if you are a fan of that.. He made fun of you and your hillbilly backwater ways through the entire movie.. he fought dumb tobacco chewing bubba rednecks through the entire thing.. I mean, I gotta admit there are some backwater hillbilly's there.. SOME.. but that movie made everyone there look like dumb fcking rednecks.. and your proud of that? I was disgusted at the image that movie portrayed of my home area.. and i was even more disgusted that you ignorant fks lined up to be extras in a movie that exploited Knott and Floyd County.. and your a fan?
red

Anderson, SC

#28 Jun 14, 2010
anyone know teresa mosley slone
Mousie Truthsayer

Marion, OH

#29 Aug 2, 2010
Mousie's heyday was from 1978 thru 1988. Worley Wicker had a service station there then. There were some really great people in Mousie like Ogie Johnson, bugger Johnson, Olive Bolen and others. Forence Dixon was the neighborhood gossip and was always calling police on the young boys and child services on families. She was a terrible busybody and caused soo much trouble for everybody in general. She could always be found at the post office shooting the bull with the post master. There used to be a BP station in Mousie but I never like to go there because the people hanging out there were so nosy and rude. I don't know if the BP is there or not now. Junior and Peggy Combs sold out the Mousie Market they owned for so many years after they had made a fortune from the locals, 90% of who were on foodstamps and the other 10% trying to get them. It was hard to find any working folks in Mousie or for that matter anywhere in eastern KY. There isn't many jobs there but the courthouse jobs and they keep those jobs in the family and of course the coalmines. The LKLP workers kept getting fatter from all the cans of pork and chicken they were supposed to give to needy families. Ever hillbilly's dream and or goal seems to be getting on SSI and drinking as much of that Good ole Mountain Dew and rotting out more of their teeth. The store don't sell much toothpaste or brushes in that area and nobody ever goes to the dentist. They spit that chewing tobacco and smile their toothy grins while feeding their fighting roosters or beat on their women to make their selves feel better cause that's what their daddies and grandpappies did. Some families moved away from Mousie after only living there a month or two when they realized their school-aged children had to fight in school every day and would never fit in with such a weird uncivilized, ill raised group.
Knott county remains 50 years behind the rest of the nation and the Mousie and Caney Creek people are so strange and stupid beyond belief.The beaver creek group are alien creatures who must have came from some unknown monstrous planet.
The Knott County people were against a bigger and better public library cause they said nobody ever read books !!! They were against a new city hall for Hindman, complained about the swimming pool for recreation e.t.c.
Mousie Truthsayer

Marion, OH

#30 Aug 2, 2010
I totally AGREE with the Martin, Ky person about Steven Segalls's movie ( Fire Down Below) and you people who were extras in that movie just showed what ignorant fools you really are.
Mousie Truthsayer

Marion, OH

#31 Aug 2, 2010
Everybody knew Loberta Short, lol
rachelle

Hindman, KY

#32 Aug 2, 2010
red wrote:
anyone know teresa mosley slone
the last time I saw her she was living with her ex husbands uncle Gary Corbin.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#33 Aug 2, 2010
Please don't start another ignorant "theresa Mosley" topic here...
lonesome stranger

Cincinnati, OH

#34 Aug 5, 2010
who all lives in mousie
dancer

Hindman, KY

#35 Aug 6, 2010
Mousie Truthsayer wrote:
Everybody knew Loberta Short, lol
Loberta was a very well loved person. You sound a little sarcastic though or tryin to be funny what did u mean everybody knew her lol???
White Owl

AOL

#36 Aug 18, 2010
I know Mousie.
hungry

Lewisport, KY

#37 Sep 8, 2010
where do the coalminers stop and get their lunch
hello

Mount Sterling, KY

#38 Sep 8, 2010
i'm curious about that too, where the coalminers get their lunch. my man works in mousie at a mine.
Blahh

Gautier, MS

#39 Sep 8, 2010
Addie huff is my papaw and he lives in Mississippi (:
Blahh

Gautier, MS

#40 Sep 8, 2010
my bad i ment eddie*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mousie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What were the childrens names that died in the ... 1 hr a neighbor 1
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 1 hr antipolicticalcor... 124
Why does WKCB suck up to the Jacobs family? 1 hr Ginny 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr usa 153,934
Amy Combs - Cross The Road bar 16 hr Curious 1
Alice Lloyd College Baseball 2017 17 hr BaseballGOD 1
Pig in a poke 21 hr jimmy 8

Mousie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance