First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Hazard, KY

#1 Aug 16, 2009
How do you all feel about all the changes going on down at Jones Fork?

I think some of the changes are good,
but some not.

How about you all?
Parent

United States

#2 Aug 16, 2009
Wondering wrote:
How do you all feel about all the changes going on down at Jones Fork?
I think some of the changes are good,
but some not.
How about you all?
I think the changes are good especially geting Mrs. Hylton out of the upper hall I think the kids like that better. They just love the new teacher Ms. Gibson. Hated to hear that Mrs. Penny Hall & Beverly Johnson left JF they are both wonderful people.
Jones Fork has a wonderful staff and the students are great kids. Mrs. Potter is doing an awesome job so far as she did last school year.
Momof3

United States

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the changes are good especially geting Mrs. Hylton out of the upper hall I think the kids like that better. They just love the new teacher Ms. Gibson. Hated to hear that Mrs. Penny Hall & Beverly Johnson left JF they are both wonderful people.
Jones Fork has a wonderful staff and the students are great kids. Mrs. Potter is doing an awesome job so far as she did last school year.
I agree with almost everything you said. My child as well as others was extremely happy that Ms. Hylton is gone. I'm still debating on Mrs. Potter though. I will say that she is a much better choice than the previous principal Greg Conn.
Student

Hazard, KY

#4 Aug 21, 2009
Momof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with almost everything you said. My child as well as others was extremely happy that Ms. Hylton is gone. I'm still debating on Mrs. Potter though. I will say that she is a much better choice than the previous principal Greg Conn.
I honestly don't think Mrs. Potter is a better principal than Mr.Conn, but, SOME of her changes are good for the school.
jfs student

Hazard, KY

#5 Aug 26, 2009
i honestly just don't like mrs. potter.i wish we still had mr. conn.and yes we ALL absolutely love mrs. gibson.she is the best teacher ever!&#9829;
sunshinebabe

Hazard, KY

#6 Sep 10, 2009
i think mrs. pothead is turning us into a prep school,and im not the only one.
wannaknow

United States

#7 Oct 24, 2009
I agree with sunshinebabe she is so wastin our time wit those stupid do/what charts, who knows pretty soon we're all gonna be wearing uniforms && do u (sunshinebabe) kno which grade started calling her mrs. pothead???
sunshinebabe

Hazard, KY

#8 Nov 7, 2009
yeah she is wating our time with those.and if we end up wearing uniforms,i will change schools.and no i dk which grade started it.

Since: Jul 09

Virgie, KY

#9 May 24, 2010
mrs.potter gave me 6 detentions over a whole bunch of lies from teachers if you ask me thats is not good
nikki - kcc

Hindman, KY

#11 Jun 16, 2010
i graduated there last year and i hated it so much i almost went to hindman. i hate mrs. potter still never will like her i hate what she has don't to JF!!!!!!!! I LOVED MR. CONN I JUST WISH HE WAS STILL DOWN THERE. i hated mrs. hylton and still do no matter what the school is so much better now than when i was down there i got in trouble evryday over stuff that mrs. hylton caused if that school is still there when i have my kids they will not go there i hate that school so so much
A JFS STUDENT

Hazard, KY

#12 Jul 14, 2010
I like that Mrs. Hylton aint a teacher for the upper students because she could get mean and everything. but WE NEED MR CONN BACK!! he was the BEST princible we could EVER have! and i aint a fan of mrs. potter!!!!!! she dont interact w/ the kids. she got mad cause a little kid ran into her stomach NOT ON PURPOSE EITHER!! and she said she had to lay down and evrything!! i like the stuff she does w/ the students like the money machine but the way she deals w/ stuff that goes on isn't good!! BUT thats my opinion!!
JFS TIGER

Hindman, KY

#13 Jul 14, 2010
I hate Mrs. Potter. She is trying to make us like may valley but guess wat, we were good like we were b4 she came along. She is not right in the head. Shes honestly giving our school a horrible rep. If she wants more students, shes gotta have more respect for em.
concerned parent

Hindman, KY

#14 Sep 9, 2010
I hate Mrs. Potter also Mr. Conn was a better principal by far. I agree that all the students love Ms. Gibson. I am just glad that my daughter will be out of there this year but i still have one more child in there for three more years. I didn't agree with mrs. potter firing john as the coach last year over what happened at beaver school during a game when it was not his fault he was a lot better coach then the one we have now.
concerned parent

Virgie, KY

#15 Sep 19, 2010
i honestly think mr. conn was better for jones fork,now it's just like nobody cares about the student, it all about who can make the most money from us parents..i don't like the fact that the school doesn't have open door policy to all parents not just the ones they like...or do more for the school.mrs. potter has her fav. parents to be at the school,lot of brown noiseing going on.iv'e had to deal with this school for 2 1/2 years now and i am finished with the whole bunch..so for all the concerned parents if u realy have a problem with miss potter good luck to you she wont never do anything.
Parent

Hindman, KY

#16 Dec 12, 2010
It's a good school.
Pissedoff in Prestonsburg

Hindman, KY

#17 Jun 1, 2011
Jones fork School has no teachers worth shit. The eighth grade teachers are idiots. My child went there for a couple weeks this term and he hated it. I transferred him out . The day he told me their 5% top rating was a result of the teachers cheating on CATS Testing I transferred him. If you parents care about your childrens education, you should transfer them somewhere. I have reported the cheating to the State Board, so we will see.
CoolStoryBro

Virgie, KY

#18 Jun 22, 2011
Pissedoff in Prestonsburg wrote:
Jones fork School has no teachers worth shit. The eighth grade teachers are idiots. My child went there for a couple weeks this term and he hated it. I transferred him out . The day he told me their 5% top rating was a result of the teachers cheating on CATS Testing I transferred him. If you parents care about your childrens education, you should transfer them somewhere. I have reported the cheating to the State Board, so we will see.
Okayy, listen. I just graduated the 8th grade at Jones Fork this year and thats the only school I've ever went too. For one thing we have some of the highest scores because we actually try. Our class was one of the best classes you could find and the teachers we had were amazing. You couldnt find better teachers. So dont you dare talk trash about them. They were like parents to me. And 2, I would personally know if they cheated for us because I was in that classroom taking the test. NOT you. We actually studied and got pushed the way we needed to be. So, the next time you go to open your mouth...think about how bad that insults the ones who got the scores. Thats like saying that we were too stupid to do it on our own. And i would bet you anything that I know exactly who this is.
why

Virgie, KY

#19 Jun 23, 2011
why is this even on TOPMOST FORUM?? HELLO? are you that stupid?
Seriously

Hindman, KY

#20 Jul 16, 2012
I agree with "cool story bro" JFs is the only school I've ever went to. I just graduated 8th grade this year, you couldn't ask for better teachers and staff. They Do NOT cheat in cats testing. They just happen to know how to teach their students in a way that will have a lasting impact.
@ pissedoff in prestonsburg , it is obvious exactly who you are. You didn't have anything to do with the school long enough to make ludicrous comments such as the one you made. And where exactly did your son get his information concerning test scores?
Still Debating

Hindman, KY

#21 Jul 25, 2012
I went to JFS the majority of my grade school years and I have to say I got a good education from there... Now that I have a child of my own I want him to have the best education possible.. But I am still on the fence wether or not I want to send him to JFS for the simple fact Mrs. Potter was never a good teacher when I was in school and I couldn't believe that they actually made her principal... I know for a fact she singles students out and pretty much bullies them.. Then u have some of the parents who brown nose her and there children get away with whatever which by no means is it the children's fault but it shows favoritism.. And I don't believe in making a difference in any child no matter what... So if she is still principal there when my child starts school I may just take him some where else ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mousie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Internet service coming to Eastern Ky 2 hr happy 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Mike Duquette 132,217
Matthew Collins 8 hr Meow 1
Blackhawk men 9 hr wifey 7
rehab coming to knott co. 9 hr Conservative 6
Pills in Hindman 12 hr yes 10
Enterprise Mine at Redfox 18 hr just 17
Mousie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mousie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mousie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mousie