Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvania (District 16) in 2010?

Posted in the Mountville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
stank

Lititz, PA

#1 Oct 16, 2010
Even though Joe Pitts has been in office for a long time, he needs my support to prevent Ms. Herr from being a nother OBAMA rubber stamp.
Old Navy Chief

Elizabethtown, PA

#2 Oct 16, 2010
We really don't need any more Nacy Pelosis in the house. Nancy shut the lights out on debate, forced a vote through on health care that did not reflect the will of the people and in general is arrogant and abusive of the power she was given.
Bill Herron

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts clearly has stood against Obama, Reid, and Pelosi; He's got my vote.
Lancastrian

Lancaster, PA

#4 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts has been totally worthless to his district. We need a representative who cares about the district, not about corporate campaign money.
sled

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Oct 19, 2010
40 years in office, and not a thing to show for it. Whether you agree with all of Herr's politics or not, we need someone in there who will do the work for us, and Herr is a hard worker. Joe Pitts has lost me.
Susan Quigley

Montgomeryville, PA

#6 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts gets his money from PACS, so who do you think his allegiance will be to....lobbyists or us?
Joanne Kosloski

Reading, PA

#7 Oct 19, 2010
We need a change!!!
Kathlene Sulllivan

Elm, PA

#8 Oct 19, 2010
Joe Pitts voted against healthcare reform, extending unemployment benefits and is totally out of touch with the needs of his constituents.
BerksBob

Port Penn, DE

#9 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts is a do nothing looking for a fat pension! Herr is right on health care.
Nathaniel

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts said he'd retire after 5 terms. I plan to help him fulfill his promise and not get his 8th term.
T.Fausnaught

Durham, NC

#11 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts has spent FAR too much time on C st. and FAR TOO LITTLE time on Queen St. He is out of touch with our district and more interested in his personal gain then that of Lancaster and the Nation. His exit from Washington is long overdue.
Ben

Elizabethtown, PA

#12 Oct 19, 2010
It's just time for a change.
JoAnn Hentz

Lancaster, PA

#13 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts is a puppet of corporate money. He is the epitome of the party of NO. We need Lois' problem solving mentality in Congress.
Intelligent voter

Elizabethtown, PA

#14 Oct 19, 2010
Joe Pitts was with George Bush 100% and that is how we got to this mess. Enough said???
mimi shapiro

Lancaster, PA

#15 Oct 19, 2010
Lois is smart and - Joe has been there long - too long and does not represent the 16th district!!
L Timberlake

Lancaster, PA

#16 Oct 19, 2010
Pitts has done virtually nothing to earn my vote. He rails against "taxes" as if the government could function without money. He's anti immigrant, anti choice, and pro religion. I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances.
BILL SHEAFFER

Lititz, PA

#17 Oct 19, 2010
I saw Joe showed up at the presentation of $2 million in stimulus money to the Lafayette Fire Co. to build a new fire house. I also noticed there were no quotes attributed to him from the reporter. But then I thought, what's he going to say: "If I had had my way you wouldn't be receiving this money". What a hypocrite. I'm sure most of the people there thought that he was responsible for the fire company receiving the money and will probably still vote for him on Nov 2nd.
Sigh!! This is one of many reasons I am voting for Lois Herr.
Michael

Kennett Square, PA

#18 Oct 19, 2010
PA-16 needs a real representative, not a mouthpiece for Washington special interests like Pitts.
Diana DeLucca

Hummelstown, PA

#19 Oct 19, 2010
U.S. Representative Joe Pitts and candidate Lois Herr were scheduled to debate last week at the Willow Valley retirement complex but the event was cancelled. Pitts, with twice as much funding as Herr, has nothing to gain by debating her. According to Federal Election Commission data, 94% percent of Pitts’ campaign financing comes from business political action committees (PACs). Project Vote Smart reports that slightly over one-fifth ($104.3K) of his $498.8K campaign funds come from the health care industry; those Willow Valley retirees might have asked why he voted against health care reform. Recession-racked voters might have asked why he voted against an extension on unemployment benefits when county unemployment has risen: 7.4% to 9.1% from July 2009 to July 2010. Small-business owners might have asked why he voted against the recently passed lending and tax break bill for small businesses. Pitts doesn’t represent the voting majority of the 16th District; his votes support big business and the wealthy at workers’ expense. He supports extending tax cuts for those making over $250K, less than 4% of his constituency, as a boost to local businesses. Tax breaks for the rich didn’t create jobs at the beginning of the decade and they won’t now. In June 2001, the month Bush signed the tax cuts into law, there were 132 million jobs; three years later there were 131.4 million jobs. We can’t afford Republican policy. As Einstein said, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Lois Herr is the sane choice for voters in November.
Michael

Kennett Square, PA

#20 Oct 19, 2010
We need someone like Lois Herr who really represents our district. Pitts has always been a creature of special Washington interests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastor John Collins Marietta PA (Feb '14) Sun lady 12
Local 6th grade school teacher murdered by 2 bu... Dec 18 Jolly 1
Debate: Marijuana - Lancaster, PA (Aug '10) Dec 10 Barb 141
Police warn of computer virus scam (Oct '13) Dec 7 Sophist 7
Barack Obama Came From Monkey Dec 5 dover penn false ... 1
Lancaster County Prision (May '14) Dec 4 Law D Doll 3
Jamie Robertson info please Dec 4 Law D Doll 1
Mountville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web