Slots suit 'preposterous,' ex-chief justice says

A spokesman for Gov. Ed Rendell denied claims made in a federal lawsuit that Rendell made a secret deal with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to trade favors for the court's support of slot machine legislation. Full Story
comment

Seoul, Korea

#1 May 21, 2008
If you have nothing to hide, let the DISCOVERY PROCESS begin.

The suit says the league ''discovered'' in May 2006 that one state senator, who is not identified, alleged that one or more members of the Supreme Court made the slots-for-pay raise deal with unidentified legislative leaders and Rendell.

From MC article:

Several other unidentified lawmakers confirmed the senator's account, the suit says.

''The information was brought to our attention, and I contacted this senator and then confirmed it with members of the House,'' said Paul Rossi of Mountville, Lancaster County, the attorney representing the league.''These are allegations from members of the Legislature, and we believe they are not lying,'' Rossi said.''The only way to clear the air is for a federal court to rule on it after discovery and not to be swept under the rug.''

We shall see how many witnesses step forward and what they have to say.

This is only the beginning, because this is a civil lawsuit. Now that discovery will occur and US Attorney General investigation of the Governor continues, this will escalate.

As I said previously, this has been on hold because of Rendell/Clinton connection, but as her chances and his chances in Washington are waning, the State AG and US Attorney General are ready to act come mid June.

Mark my words, I have heard this from inside for nearly 4 months now.
Moronic Leaders

Nazareth, PA

#2 May 21, 2008
I hope to God that they catch these SOB's and roast them alive in their own juices.
They turned our constitution on its head in order to get illegal gambling legalized in Pa.
Its about time we had some justice done against them.
They deserve to die for this type of offense to our rights' protections!

Let them face the music for their improprieties, at the very least.
bitter not guns

New York, NY

#3 May 21, 2008
House of cards gonna get a wind tunnel test! These evil mothers deserve whatever happens! Let it begin!
Observer

Bartlesville, OK

#4 May 21, 2008
They are scared. Much of this has been at leas implied and rumored since the pay rais was passed.

IF proven, this could lead to a federal judicial bribery case. It could get real ugly when you think about who would be involved.

cheese steak eddie

Allentown, PA

#5 May 21, 2008
as your governor, i would NEVER do anything under the table.

except to order more cheese steaks!

i am as honest as mayor........ gee you have so many choices here!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6 May 21, 2008
If "Fast Eddie" says he's innocent, I believe him !!!
True Reform

Reading, PA

#7 May 21, 2008
The only way to rebuild our state government and root out all the BS. liars, pay jackers, and dishonest judges is to tear it apart and put it back together again...by the people and for the people. Our elected officials are holding out screaming for a constitutional convention hostage because they know the people will attempt to fix their loopholes. They just know it. Dishonesty is running the gambit in PA and all our elected officials and judges have their hands out now.

Bring back lynching and legalize it. These politicians have no reason to be scared from doing wrong. They know nothing can be done to them. Give them a reason to be scared. The voters need to grow some balls in this state and start chopping off heads to make examples.
jones

AOL

#8 May 21, 2008
You have just received a slow dose in a rat poison IV drip from Rendell Spokesman Chuck Ardo and Chief Justice Ron Castille .

Heinrich Himmler and Julius Streicher would be proud of the Gaming Nazi's we have in Pennsylvania. These Gaming Nazi's are just as qualified to lead as any of Adolph Hitler's appointee's.

The intent of gaming is lost. Your taxes will go up,not down,corruption and mob crime will move in and you get nothing out of it but screwed.
jones

AOL

#9 May 21, 2008
Never, in the history of Pennsylvania has there ever been a Gaming Commission and an investigative process formed that is answerable to no one but themselves and has no real power to investigate anything.

BIE is not a police or investigative force and the only thing they can en force is what they already have done by forcing gaming , slots and table games down our throats.

All these Gambling parlors have to raise collectively 2 billion dollars
from the least able to visit them in the hopes of striking it rich.

Way after the 2 billion is taken in by the state and only after the good ole boys get their cut will the citizen property owner be given $150.00 and some even lower. In the meantime your school property tax will contnue to escalate out of control erasing any gains you would see in your property tax.

Just like Hitler did he got rid of all his opposition and blinded the people to his end game until his Germany of one thousand years caved in on him.

Thankfully with the help of senator's Reichley and Polleggi(incor
spelling) they will defy the odds that are stacked against them and come to our rescue.
jones

AOL

#10 May 21, 2008
Who in Hades are Ardo and Castille to be preaching anything to us about baseless and irresponsible charges.

We've been lied to and preached to enough but unlike Hitler the people are going to recognize your lying and deal making before it's too late to turn this state around.
jones

AOL

#11 May 21, 2008
Get ready for the spin that will try to blind you, from the illegal 2:00am pay raise and how gaming was forced on us and given out to the highest bidder with the deepest pockets and the hand out to accept the money.

Brought to you by Governor Ed Rendell, Chuck Ardo, and chief justice Ron Castille. Don't let the spin blind you, leave that up to Bill O'Reilly
jones

AOL

#12 May 22, 2008
Whoops wrong article, oh well same ole. Maybe get it up front with the rest of the mud slinging.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deaf ears, blind eyes. Oct 20 Gopher 2
Furts (Nov '13) Oct 20 Bro pooder 14
Man Guilty Of Beating Wife With Wooden Paddle F... (Oct '13) Sep 28 lady 11
clean Sep '14 silent 4
Debate: Marijuana - Lancaster, PA (Aug '10) Sep '14 Jason 139
Lets talk about Dart Container (Feb '14) Sep '14 dart sucks employee 2
Crime Watch for 07/01/2010 (Jul '10) Aug '14 hpf 2
Mountville Dating
Find my Match

Mountville Jobs