Liberty High School Details

Posted in the Mountain View Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
New to Mtn View

Ozark, MO

#1 Jul 7, 2012
I am new to the area. Can anyone tell me about the Liberty High School, anything I should know about the school system/ Teachers? Would you recommend this school for your teenager? Any considerate opinion would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#2 Jul 7, 2012
New to Mtn View wrote:
I am new to the area. Can anyone tell me about the Liberty High School, anything I should know about the school system/ Teachers? Would you recommend this school for your teenager? Any considerate opinion would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
Most local districts are about the same academically. Liberty is striving to reach a lot higher level and having success. Teachers have great morals and values and the kids who want to learn can learn enough to do well on ACT/SAT and college. The lazy kids who want to put their feet up on the desk and drink sodeees will run the local factories and sawmills. they are super kids. Very few hoods and druggies but a few like all schools in the USA. Check out the DESE site for MO and you can learn everything that you will ever want to know about the district.

If you are a decent parent and care about your kids and "communicate" with them on a daily and hourly basis, your kids will do super well in the mvbt district. My sons graduated from a district in another state and are doing well, but lots of kids in that school failed just like they do in every school in the country, even Harvard and Yale. It is all about focus, goals, genuine motivation, and hard efforts.

By the way, all of the athletic programs at Liberty are class acts!! If your child is interested in sports and learning how to develop character, Liberty is for you!! Not a surprise to me but may be to some people but the best athletes and winners are also the leaders and winners in the classroom and other activities.

Best of luck to you!! Welcome to Liberty. I live at the western edge of the district but don't miss many sports events since it is fun to watch winners win!!!! Tee hee!
Yellowfurrytooth

United States

#3 Jul 7, 2012
I think im gonna puke! Tee hee
derekp

Ozark, MO

#4 Jul 8, 2012
I have never been able to understand why or how many people equate athletics with character. Those with athlectic ability are taught in school programs to better use and develope their athletic gifts. There is little about teaching or developing character in athlectic programs. Character is often described as what one chooses to do when no one is looking and it doesn't require any sports participation.
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#5 Jul 8, 2012
derekp wrote:
I have never been able to understand why or how many people equate athletics with character. Those with athlectic ability are taught in school programs to better use and develope their athletic gifts. There is little about teaching or developing character in athlectic programs. Character is often described as what one chooses to do when no one is looking and it doesn't require any sports participation.
It does not require sports, you are correct. Character is developed in a variety of ways. I do not agree that there is little about teaching or deveoloping character in sports, though. But, we cannot agree on everything or it would be boring.

I do those tee hees just to make some of the women really mad. It work!

I think you will be impressed with the high school and middle school. Go visit!
New

Ozark, MO

#6 Aug 14, 2012
Seems like this is going to be a good school! I like the staff!!
teacher

Joplin, MO

#7 Aug 14, 2012
We have a great teaching staff but our board members are questionable on how they live their life.
quagmire

Ava, MO

#8 Aug 14, 2012
i think the only thing athletics are good for is making a snot nosed better than tho punk out of a normal kid
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#9 Aug 15, 2012
quagmire wrote:
i think the only thing athletics are good for is making a snot nosed better than tho punk out of a normal kid
You are so funny, quagmire!

Now to the OP.

Get your child involved in an sport or two, FFA, band, or some of the other school activities. These programs enrich the kids' lives and teach them a lot of important character traits.

Band, FFA, and sports programs are all absolutely excellent.

I don't miss a game if I can help it!! Both girls and boys athletic teams are some of the best in the state.

Welcome to our district.
fun
#10 Aug 16, 2012
The school board member sleeps with the principals wife.
That is just the first chapter of the ipock book.
okk

West Plains, MO

#11 Aug 19, 2012
sounds like a good school
condiment curious

Willow Springs, MO

#12 Sep 14, 2012
I heard a rumor and wondered if anyone knows if this is true or not. Is it true that the school system has banned ketchup from the lunch room, and is it true that some kids were disciplined for bringing in their own ketchup?
JERRY D

Joplin, MO

#13 Sep 14, 2012
Yes this is true. If they bring it again then they will be expelled.
mvp

Saint James, MO

#14 Sep 14, 2012
JERRY D wrote:
Yes this is true. If they bring it again then they will be expelled.
They can bring anything they want to eat at lunch but ketchup is considered a veg serving. 90% of the kids are on free lunch. Hope that explains the dilemma. Send you kid a lunch or quit your griping.
condiment curious

Willow Springs, MO

#15 Sep 14, 2012
Ummm No that doesnt really explain anything. If this is true my next question is, Who is the idiot that came up with this rule? This is just more reasons why the current administration really needs to go. We need to start with the school board by voting them out to send a strong message. With so many important issues that should be addressed in our school, and we are banning ketchup. WTH??
me too

Ozark, MO

#16 Sep 15, 2012
the ketchup thing is part of obamas initive to eliminate childhood obesity..thank god he has his priorities..
me too

Ozark, MO

#17 Sep 15, 2012
initiative
Col Mustard

Hollister, MO

#18 Sep 16, 2012
Ok thank you govt and school board for telling me I cant drink more than 16 oz of soda, and telling me that even though people have been using catsup since the invention of the tomato- because Michelle Obama and Jerry D Nicholson think its bad, then we are going to ban this terrible vegetable/fruit from our school because our school lunches are so flavorable the kids would never need to add any condiments of their own.

I just find the idea of ketchup banning, and nyc banning 160z of soda ridiculus and the fact that our small minded but big paycheck getting superintendant supports this is too much. Somebody please get rid of this idiot, and bring in someone that is willing to face bigger issues than if our kids use catsup or mustard,
kyle

Branson, MO

#19 Sep 16, 2012
Col Mustard wrote:
Ok thank you govt and school board for telling me I cant drink more than 16 oz of soda, and telling me that even though people have been using catsup since the invention of the tomato- because Michelle Obama and Jerry D Nicholson think its bad, then we are going to ban this terrible vegetable/fruit from our school because our school lunches are so flavorable the kids would never need to add any condiments of their own.

I just find the idea of ketchup banning, and nyc banning 160z of soda ridiculus and the fact that our small minded but big paycheck getting superintendant supports this is too much. Somebody please get rid of this idiot, and bring in someone that is willing to face bigger issues than if our kids use catsup or mustard,
your an idiot. JD doesn't like this idea much either.
Col Mustard

Hollister, MO

#20 Sep 16, 2012
Why did he implement this policy then? He's the superintendant. Whats his problems with condiments?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jake's 4 hr John 1
Betsy Pelate Lawson 5 hr curious 1
Places for rent in Willow Springs, MO (Aug '10) 12 hr hopeful Dad 45
Debate: Marijuana - Willow Springs, MO (Aug '10) Fri Lil mama 193
Just Wondering Aug 31 Truth 1
Ashley that works at Conleys in Pomona? (Mar '09) Aug 30 Pinhead 25
Ashley Madison Leak!!! Aug 30 Pinhead 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain View Mortgages