State football champs
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Good Luck

Marion, AR

#21 Aug 20, 2012
Caruthersville is no joke, especially their number 21. Should be a good game. Cville is fast fast fast. Best of luck, should be an outstanding game wish i could be at this one
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#22 Aug 20, 2012
Good Luck wrote:
Caruthersville is no joke, especially their number 21. Should be a good game. Cville is fast fast fast. Best of luck, should be an outstanding game wish i could be at this one
Interesting dicussion men. Caruthersville is tough and will give your Eagles quite a challenge. But, based upon my experiences, the best 400 x 4 relay at state is the best team. You will see that Lamar actually beat our boys at state last year but were pretty senior laden and all of your boys were youngin's. You beat them all the other times prior to the state meet.

Where is Caruthersville in the state meet? Too slow to make it as a team. In all seriousness, the Eagles are one of the fastest teams in the state and not just backs, also receivers. Hope you like track meets cause that is what the games will be like, this year. Quarter back, all state hurdler and sprinter, four other kids, all state sprinters, and one of the smartest toughest lineman and defensive kid in the state of MO that was one of the best shot putters in MO last year. Just setting the stage for you cause you need to be prepared to see a track meet at every games his fall!

Fast is Fast and those boys are FAST!!!!!!

Finals
1 Brookfield 3:28.03 3:26.30 10
1) Andrew Baum SR 2) Justin Dickson SR
3) Josiah Huff JR 4) Jonathan Huff SR
2 Trenton 3:28.18 3:26.74 8
1) Sam Cool JR 2) Colby Larson JR
3) Seth Acton JR 4) James Fairchild SR
3 Lamar 3:28.42 3:26.84 6
1) Cade Payne SO 2) Josh Garfield JR
3) Nick Jeffries SR 4) Nolan Jeffries SR
4 Fatima 3:29.40 3:27.53 5
1) Tom Zeilman SO 2) John Loehner JR
3) Kyle Tellman SR 4) Christian Brune SR
5 Lafayette County 3:27.48 3:28.27 4
1) LJ Williams JR 2) Josh Lynch SR
3) Ryan Moss SR 4) Reid Echelmeier SR
6 Liberty (Mountain View) 3:27.58 3:31.53 3
1) Jaelon Acklin SO 2) Denton Postlewait JR
3) James Denton SO 4) Trenton Bush JR
7 Maplewood-Richmond Heights 3:27.41 3:32.03 2
1) Lawrence Hogue JR 2) Montel Maggitt JR
3) Courtney Johnson SR 4) Marquis White SO
8 California 3:31.00 3:33.38 1
1) Anthony Price JR 2) Nathan Thibon SR
3) Garret Baquet JR 4) Logan Rowles JR
hmm

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Aug 20, 2012
Since when does track have anything to do with football? Malden and Charleston compete well in state every year in track, with Malden winning it a few years ago but they're football program lacks. Speed without pads is totally different with pads. I hope Liberty comes in the game friday thinking they have this game locked up, could be a LONG night if you have that attitude! Besides, in order to get to state, you will have to get past Maplewood or Lamar, so I woudn't just give them the state title yet!
SWMOfan

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Aug 20, 2012
I think that is where the problems lie with your team. You think every game you have, your the favorite to win. You think the game is all about speed. How about this, instead of coming on this website talking smack, go hit the weights and EARN that state title. You don't win it on a public forum.If if you guys win friday night, you just may have to see Caruthersville again and let me be the first to say, I've had a camp with a few of their players and played a game with them and they are very good. My Lamar Tigers is still the team to beat! One idea, don't over-look anyone, could come back to bite you in the ass one day
Jim Denton

Springfield, MO

#25 Aug 21, 2012
All you people saying liberty can't win are idiots. Liberty has the perfect setup to win it all this year. It will be a huge disappointment if they lose any game this year. By the way whoever is using my name in previous pos is not me. I'm not scared to say what I feel and liberty is going all the way this year.
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Aug 21, 2012
You don't think other teams don't have the set-up to win it all either? Maplewood returns all but 1 player from last year. Lamar has a ton of talent coming back as well. Caruthersville always has a dangerous team, Higginsville will be re-loading again. Class 2 is the most competitive Class in Missouri. No one is saying they can't win, just that it's not going to be as easy as they think. Even if Liberty loses friday, that don't mean they can't learn from it and get to the dome. It's the first game, anything can happen that early in the season.
Jim Denton

United States

#27 Aug 21, 2012
Other teams we will face this year don't have the talent we do. This is our year and I will be shocked if we lose any of the games. We have the best all around team that liberty has ever had and I can't wait to watch these young men raise that state title up. Go eagles
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#28 Aug 21, 2012
Your right, it's the best team LIBERTY has ever had, not the best team Class 2 has. You have a couple winning seasons and you get your first 12 win season and now you think you own everyone lol. You may have a good season, but Maplewood or Lamar will end it for you! Come back to this in November and see if I didn't tell you so! And besides, the first 9 games don't give you a state title, you can will all 9 games and even district games but if you don't win the last one, that perfect record up til then don't matter. I was rooting for Liberty in this game but some fans/players don't know how to react when they're team is good, and it makes you want to root against them. So, Here's hoping Caruthersville and everyone else on your schedule drops you like a bad habit.
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#29 Aug 21, 2012
Jim Denton wrote:
Other teams we will face this year don't have the talent we do. This is our year and I will be shocked if we lose any of the games. We have the best all around team that liberty has ever had and I can't wait to watch these young men raise that state title up. Go eagles
I will be sittng there next to ya cheering my head off. I am not nearly as concerned about winning and losing as I am about the kids doing the best and having fun!

I bet ole Curious will be cheering his heart out for the Eagles.

See ya there!
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#30 Aug 21, 2012
Actually, I'll be cheering for the defending Class 2 Champs.. You might know who that is... Ah! That's right! We beat you last year. In case your wondering, it's LAMAR!!!!
Jim Denton

United States

#31 Aug 21, 2012
Curious wrote:
Actually, I'll be cheering for the defending Class 2 Champs.. You might know who that is... Ah! That's right! We beat you last year. In case your wondering, it's LAMAR!!!!
You best hope I don't find out who you are boy. That's all I'm going say. You will crying all the way home after we win state.
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#32 Aug 21, 2012
Jim Denton wrote:
<quoted text>
You best hope I don't find out who you are boy. That's all I'm going say. You will crying all the way home after we win state.
He will cheer for the Eagles. He is just playing the devils advocate which is OK with me. You can cheer for Lamar all you want, but not at state cause they will not be there. We will get past them this year. They were a little bit better in 2010 and 2011 but we will be better this year. Plus our young men are working and the coaches, even though they do not have nearly as many as Lamar, are committed to the program and are experts in the art of coaching fb.

I think the three of us should sit together at every game and enjoy being armchair quarterbacks! It'll be fun.

See both of you at all the games plus volleyball, softball, cross country meets and all the rest. Your school rocks and your sports, band, voc ag, music, and everything else rocks. Ben Franklin said, "Success breeds success!" Oops, that is not what he said. He said, "A penny saved is a penny earned!" Same statement. Struggle, work, care, commit and savor the sweet taste of success. If you fail, savor that learning experience, also.

Tee,hee!
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Aug 21, 2012
Haha.. That trophy looks good in our school I must say. Beating ya'll last year was fun. Can't wait to do it again
Foxy Lady

Saint James, MO

#34 Aug 21, 2012
Curious wrote:
Haha.. That trophy looks good in our school I must say. Beating ya'll last year was fun. Can't wait to do it again
Good try but you fail. You have never played football for Lamar. Maybe, for Liberty and were pretty good but coach didn't like ya. I think I know who you are but will cut you some slack. Stick with your singing! Ha!

A poser can never lose in their mind but always lose. If Liberty wins, you change names and act like you are a supporter. If they lose, you do whatever but either way, you have no impact except to get yourself attention from yourself. No one else respects your poser name and posts.

You probably have never seen a football game and are sleeping on the picnic tables in the park every morning. Sorry to disturb your very weak force!
Curious

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Aug 22, 2012
You really are way off on who you think this is. Not sure who you are talking about but man I feel sorry for him/her..Geez Lady.
MVP

Saint James, MO

#36 Aug 22, 2012
Curious wrote:
You really are way off on who you think this is. Not sure who you are talking about but man I feel sorry for him/her..Geez Lady.
You are pretty clueless. Lamar has never heard of you. If you were from Lamar and have to visit our site, well, that tells the story. You are such a poser! But, at least you are entertaining one person; YOURSELF!

Foxy is sorta crazy at times but I must admit that she has you figured out, poser boy or girl.
Alumni

United States

#37 Aug 23, 2012
They will lose their first game.
MVP

Saint James, MO

#38 Aug 23, 2012
Alumni wrote:
They will lose their first game.
They could lose their first game and still win state, but tomorrow's game will set the state for both teams. It seems silly to see posts where people pick a loser. That is so easy!! Picking a winner takes a little skill and knowledge. Sorry you were unhappy with your playing days. Your mom and dad's fault, not the coaches. I am sure you understand and they would too if they cared to listed to your whining.

Caruthersville 21 Eagles 34

Blowout! Caruthersville is awesome. Eagles are a little better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I apologize for that last post Sat ieatassforbreakfast 1
Black pond church Sat Skjl 37
Amanda Hamilton Sat Judgeyyyy 11
Darren Apr 29 Enquiringmindswan... 7
In Memory Of..... (Jan '10) Apr 29 Enquiringmindswan... 288
Haley Porter Apr 28 Haley Porter 2
People that live by water tower behind Birch tr... (Jan '14) Apr 28 blue 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain View Mortgages