search

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Is the rapture mentioned in the Bible? No, not by the word rapture, in fact the word is not even in the Bible. There are rapture believers that thinks it is talking about rapture in severel verses in the Bible,(1Corinthians chapter15-50 thru 52) and (1Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 16-17)(revelation chapter 4 verse 1 thru 5)(revelation chapter 3 verse 10).

Note)(1Corinthians chapter15-50 thru 52) is one of the claims of rapture.

I CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 15
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Note) If you read and study the book of Revelation, this (1Corinthians chapter15-50-52) is at the end of the tribulation and the begining of the millennium this is the second advent and the first resurection. The end of Antichrist tribulation is just before the last trump sounds and when the first vial of Gods wrath is poured out,(revelation chapter 16-1 is the beggining of the vials)(revelation 9- verses 12 and 13 begins the sixth trump) and the tribulation of antichrist will end when the seven vials are poured out and the seventh trump sounds, that will be the start of the millennium.(revelation 20- verses1thru 6) is the beggining and the end of the millennium. And the second Advent or (the second comming of CHRIST) you can read of His comming in (revelation 19 verses 11 thru 16) and (1Corinthians chapter15-52)( In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.) And this moment is (revelation 10-7) and (revelation 20 verses 5-6) You might say that the end of the tribulation, the beggining of the millennium, the second advent, and the first resurection are all at one time the very same instant.(Revelation chapter 11 verses 14-15)
search

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Note)(1Thessalonians chapter 4 verses 16-17) is another claim of rapture.

I THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Note) Lets take verse 16 first, 16 (For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:) What gives this away that lets us know, this is the first resurection, we should know this because the trumpet identifies the time. The seventh trump or the last trump, is the trump of GOD. And who is this dead in Christ that shall rise first. In order to figure this out we have to go back to the subject in verses 13,14,15)(concerning them which are asleep,)(if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus has risen.)(we can not prevent them which are asleep from rising first. They are our loved ones that have already passed on and over came death into eternel life, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Now we know who it is God brings with Him. Than when we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: We that are alive at the trump of GOD shall all be changed This is the first resurection.
(1Corinthians chapter15-51)( Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,)
search

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Note ))(revelation chapter 4 verse 1 thru 5) is another claim of rapture.

REVELATION CHAPTER 4
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Note) Heres a place they say proves the rapture, they claim that,( revelation chapter 4 verse 1) is speaking to the church.
But we know this can not be so, because in ,( revelation - chapter 1 verse 1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

In verse 2 it says (And immediately I was in the spirit) This does not say we were in the spirit or churches.

They also try to say that ,( revelation - chapter 4 verse 4 and 5) helps to support their claim of the church,( verse 4) And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

I will refer you back to our loved ones that have already passed on and over came death into eternel life. Go to (Luke 16-19) and read about the rich man And the begger man Lazarus and you will see that Lazarus,and Abraham are alive and well in Heaven.
Read (Matthew 22:31-32) 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

(Documentation for the revelation being delivered into John and not the church you will find in,(revelation chapter 1verse 1)( Documentation for the revelation to the seven churches, revelation chapter 2 verses 1 thru 29 and revelation chapter 3 verse 1 thru 22).
search

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

REVELATION CHAPTER 3
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Note) And this being the last place that I can think of, that they use to support their theory,
(I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.) I do not believe this verse ten in revelation 3 is a rapture and I will show you why, because we know that this hour of temptation is that evil day the tribulation of antichrist. let us see what it says in,(Ephesians chapter 6-13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.) now look at (revelation chapter 9- 4) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.) Pay close attenten to the words have not,(only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads,) they can not hurt Gods people they can only hurt those who are not sealed of GOD. And I do believe with all my heart that God will keep His church from this hour of temptation But there are some conditions attached to this verse,(revelation 3-10) And those attatchments are hingeing on Ifs,) and If you have kept the word of His patience and not allowed yourself to believe a lie. Now read carefully and understand (2Thessalonians chapter 2 verses 1 thru 11) take one verse at a time and understand what it is saying:

II THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 2

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
search

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Note) This lie in verse 11 is the rapture, its satans doctrine not Gods Word. The deceivableness in verse 10 is believing this lie and not Gods truth, believing the rapture doctrine will cause you to worship the antichrist because satan knows he is coming first instead of Christ as you have read in verse 4 If you do not understand antichrist comes first and you are looking for Christ to come and rapture you, and antichrist comes and tells you he is Jesus your going to believe him because you are looking for Jesus to rapture you out before tribulation. but before he raptures you, he will want you to try and get all of your families to believe him, and bring with you where he can rapture you all. Just think about it if there was a rapture and all of Gods children the christians are gone who is antichrist going to decieve. Read (revelation 12:9)( And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.) verse 8 and 9 it says even Him,(Jesus) whose coming is after the working of satan. did that say before satan, No, it said after satans working. And verse 3 says let no man decieve you by any means: because the day of Christ is at hand. But he (Jesus) will not come until there come a falling away first (rapture) and after satan be revealed, the son of perdition; were not going to gether together unto The Lord Jesus Christ until after the falling away and satan being revealed.
Verse 5 says he told us these things. And he did and you can read it for yourself in,
(Matthew chapter 24),(Mark chapter13) and (Luke chapter 21)
tonya creech

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

This is all bull crap. Your a big loser and your going to hell.
Dr Pepper

Kimberling City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Are you making inferences to Obamas policies and "rulership"?
mvp the real one

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

tonya creech wrote:
This is all bull crap. Your a big loser and your going to hell.
How could anyone think for even one second that the bible is true? I am very puzzled. Keep people dumb and they will believe in anything. Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, pink elephant in the trunk of your car ( I bet it is there right now but is trained to disappear when you lift the lid of the trunk) Monster under your bed and maybe a monster in your closet. Most of the topix forum is totally uneducated and could not even spell athiest if they had to, but a few, maybe one in 100 think just a tad.

There is no hell, no heaven, just an earth full of people who want to survive but do not know how because the invention of Christianity has stolen their spirit. No heaven, no hell, just a great place to live unless you believe in voodoo, bunnies and the tooth fairy. Sorry folks, if you believe in the devil, you are a sinner. If you believe in the Christian god, you are not only a sinner, but you are not very happy with the nice part of your life.

The truth hurts. but, that is the way it is!

But, I read the bible cause I enjoy the way the Hebrews stole their mythology from the Greeks and I think "the spin zone" was invented way before Fox news came up with the sad idea.
tonya creech

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

I hate you. You will burn in hell.
real deal

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

How can you burn up in a place that was made upb people who are sinners? In addition, if this is the real tonya creech, you cannot believe in heaven or hell or you would not pretend to be such a sinne. Tme to think about the future and quit believing in nonsense. If you believe in god, you are a weak, parasitic burden on our country and planet. Sorry, god! Ha,ha!

Grow up, little weakies!

By the way Mr. Creech. Read! You will be surprised what you will learn by reading facts vs fiction.
tonya creech

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Your obviously going to hell and going to burn.
mvp

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

You have never been to church, so quit your complaining, young man. You cannot help it you have nothing to do but pretend to believe in something that is not true. Please keep you kids away from you meth. they know where it is. Wise up, young man, wise up!

Hey I gotta get to the game. It is gonna start in a jiffy.
mohammed akeem abdullah

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

When you blaspheme about Jesus being the son of God or as some of you say when questioned about your religion being pagan polytheism "oh Jesus is God and the Holy Ghost is Jesus too. Really just monotheism cause God is personified as Jesus and the Holy Ghost. it's all one entity."
Well, OK. When Mohammed was on his death bed he told his followers "don't let them do to me what they did to Jesus, make him a son of God". We don't claim Mohammed to be a son of God. That's absurd. Same as Jesus having a virgin mother and impregnated as a virgin by a white haired old God from the sky or walking on water or casting evil spirits into pigs who will kill themselves. That too absurd.(But Bennie Hinn can heal the lame with a sucker punch).
Common uneducated people will believe anything they are told. Con men know it, preachers know it, politicians and rich business men know it.
The more absurd the quicker they will buy it hook line and sinker and start their little kids out believing it too although little kids are a little smarter when they are young and skeptical of make believe stuff until brainwashed like their parents.

Look at a world map with different religions in different colors and how it has changed over the last thousand years. Makes it easy to spot where your ancestors came from and why you believe the religion you believe. As the map changes with conquests of one country by another religions grow and shrink accordingly. Islam is coming to America just as it has the last forty years to Europe. Get ready heathens to accept your new God and cast out the old one.
mvp

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

mohammed akeem abdullah wrote:
When you blaspheme about Jesus being the son of God or as some of you say when questioned about your religion being pagan polytheism "oh Jesus is God and the Holy Ghost is Jesus too. Really just monotheism cause God is personified as Jesus and the Holy Ghost. it's all one entity."
Well, OK. When Mohammed was on his death bed he told his followers "don't let them do to me what they did to Jesus, make him a son of God". We don't claim Mohammed to be a son of God. That's absurd. Same as Jesus having a virgin mother and impregnated as a virgin by a white haired old God from the sky or walking on water or casting evil spirits into pigs who will kill themselves. That too absurd.(But Bennie Hinn can heal the lame with a sucker punch).
Common uneducated people will believe anything they are told. Con men know it, preachers know it, politicians and rich business men know it.
The more absurd the quicker they will buy it hook line and sinker and start their little kids out believing it too although little kids are a little smarter when they are young and skeptical of make believe stuff until brainwashed like their parents.
Look at a world map with different religions in different colors and how it has changed over the last thousand years. Makes it easy to spot where your ancestors came from and why you believe the religion you believe. As the map changes with conquests of one country by another religions grow and shrink accordingly. Islam is coming to America just as it has the last forty years to Europe. Get ready heathens to accept your new God and cast out the old one.
Islam is one of the few religions that makes a little sense, but all religions are invented! Just need to figure out how we can destroy our planet and still live forever. You are a smart girl, but still out of touch with reality. I do not feel sorry for you or anyone else, but am very empathetic that you have been brainwashed by idiots whom you respect.

Be nice to your neighbor and quit pretending there is a heaven!
Latin Lover

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Latin for skeptics; De omnibus Dubit andum
Question all things.

Latin for believers; De omnibus Credo andum
Believe all things.
search

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Note) In order to exscape the hour of temptation that evil day, is to be sealed by God as it says in
(revelation chapter 9- 4) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.)
Aristotle

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

As a time traveler from two thousand three hundred fifty years ago I find this modern biology, geology, chemistry science stuff to be absurd.
We had it right back then, my friend Plato and I.
Of course the religions of the day used our findings to write the most intelligent parts of their holy scriptures. My views of dualism about humans being really two parts, the flesh or the profane and the spirit or commonly known as the soul.
Today this neuroscience finds no evidence of a soul or spirit that will live forever. That too is absurd. They say our memory and thinking resides in neurons in the brain's electrical activity when every body with common sense knows the spirit lives in the heart. Which incidentally these moderns say is a pump to pump blood to something called cells all over the profane body which too is absurd.
Read your bible children, forget about a science education. and send your tithes.
Aristotle

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

search wrote:
Note) In order to exscape the hour of temptation that evil day, is to be sealed by God as it says in
(revelation chapter 9- 4) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.)
That's right "666" on their foreheads. Nero's number.
I say unto you some of you standing here today shall not taste death before the son of man returns.

Or that's what I heard a fellow say on an earlier time travel to Rome in the days of turmoil some three hundred fifty years after my death.
mvp

Saint James, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Quit your bitchin' Aristotle and get with the real world. At least you and your buddies were real, but god and his fake son never really existed, Thanks for making a weak attempt to pretend to be semi intelligent. You get the decade award on this forum for thinking with your brain.

Wish I could help you and your lady friends but think is is toooo late.
Aristotle

Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Woo unto the nonbeliever. I have shaken my cane unto the sky which shall bring forth plague and pestilence unto thee for four to the eleventh power of generations to come oh Infidel.
If you hear thunder and see the lightning bolt tonight it will be God giving you your final warning.
And if that doesnt convince you God may send big peek over to kick your ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of105
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mountain View Discussions

Search the Mountain View Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who is Bobbi? 13 min guest 10
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 44 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,068
who likes dylan hanger? (Jan '12) 1 hr Thads Friend 89
shots fired at main event 1 hr update 1
M.U.N.C.H willow springs missouri (Jun '10) 2 hr btw 55
gas plus 23 hr hmmm 10
Landrams steakhouse twist 23 hr Bugsy 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mountain View Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000