SSI checks will be late
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Constitutional Outrage

West Plains, MO

#1 Jul 11, 2012
because they keep trying to repeal Obamacare, all the welfare checks will be delayed up to six weeks because the Senate has been too busy trying to deal with the health care issue that no one has been able to approve the next batch of checks :( that sux for us who needs to go get school stuff for our kids. all we got is that one free thing that you got to register for.
Poor Baby

Rockaway Beach, MO

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Awww too bad your check is gonna be late!

No free lunch this week!

Soooo Sad!
Cutiemomma

West Plains, MO

#3 Jul 11, 2012
its easy for you to say, i got three kids and the youngest is going in kinnergarden and the oldest is going in highschool and that means i got to buy folders and crayons and shoes. not everyone is rich. two of my kids dads don't pay no child support and all i get from them is there income tax refund once a year.
Poor Baby

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 12, 2012
Maybe you should have been getting an education instead of servicing deadbeat sperm donors so you could at least use proper English, spelling and punctuation when you whine about two of your three sperm donors not paying child support. Who do you think is paying you that check? Hard working tax payers who are getting tired of supporting lazy dead beats are the ones being forced to take care of you and your children.
news

Haslet, TX

#5 Jul 12, 2012
Walmart suprcenter will add jobs to help people get off welfare
help

Niangua, MO

#6 Jul 12, 2012
Them there people that live in Lynch twins old house needs all the free help they can get. Them don't have to work just draw them there free checks and foodstamps and trade for pills
Cutiemomma

West Plains, MO

#7 Jul 12, 2012
you shut your mouth about my family. they got nothig in life and they dont need nothing from nobody!
GEt a job

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Jul 12, 2012
Get a job and support urself and kids! U don't ever need a man to do it! Just do it by urself! Just plain as can be i work and so do most mommas so get off ur butt and do it!
Bursting Your Bubble

Ozark, MO

#9 Jul 12, 2012
GEt a job wrote:
Get a job and support urself and kids! U don't ever need a man to do it! Just do it by urself! Just plain as can be i work and so do most mommas so get off ur butt and do it!
Even if she did get a job she would still have to have foodstamps just to survive. My wife and I both work but because wages are not moving up and the prices of goods and services are sky rocketing we have to depend on foodstamps just to make it from month to month and we dont eat high on the hog either. We only get a limited amount so we have make sure we get the biggest bang for the buck. I did just read that there is a "Farm Bill" that is currently in Congress that if passed just about everyone on foodstamps will lose em just cause if the bill becomes law then it takes away over a billion dollars in funding from the foodstamp program. If that happens then I guess I will just have to start poaching just to feed my family. Yep, the times are gonna make many of us into outlaws just so we can survive and that is just not right.
Poor Baby

Ozark, MO

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Bursting Your Bubble wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if she did get a job she would still have to have foodstamps just to survive. My wife and I both work but because wages are not moving up and the prices of goods and services are sky rocketing we have to depend on foodstamps just to make it from month to month If that happens then I guess I will just have to start poaching just to feed my family. Yep, the times are gonna make many of us into outlaws just so we can survive and that is just not right.
Lets see if I can help you:

1) move to a low income apartment.
2) Sell your 2009 car and get a old cheap car with no payment.
3) Get a second job
4) Stop paying for TV, cell phone & all extras

Its called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!! BUDGET your $$ and cut out all the extra crap! If you both work full time and get Min wage you make over $27000 a year! More than enough to "SURVIVE" without food stamps and public assistance.

I AM TIRED OF PAYING FOR YOUR WILD SPENDING AND IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR!
staunch conservative

Columbia, MO

#11 Jul 13, 2012
Why is it tax payers responsibility to pay for children you had absolutely no business bringing into this world
A110 Support

Columbia, MO

#12 Jul 13, 2012
Poor Baby wrote:
Maybe you should have been getting an education instead of servicing deadbeat sperm donors so you could at least use proper English, spelling and punctuation when you whine about two of your three sperm donors not paying child support. Who do you think is paying you that check? Hard working tax payers who are getting tired of supporting lazy dead beats are the ones being forced to take care of you and your children.
We are monitoring your harmful and abusive comments.
Poor Baby

Ozark, MO

#13 Jul 13, 2012
In the 1960's the ratio of workers to Medicaid/food stamp recipients was 18 to 1. Today it is 2 to 1.

Damn right we are getting a bit annoyed with the Liberalcrats and the thought police "monitoring" us.

Nothing is wrong with requiring recipients of food stamps to sell all their new cars, house and X-boxes BEFORE they get a dime of Public assistance or Medicaid!
Independent Lady

Ava, MO

#14 Jul 13, 2012
Nowadays, many people feel it is necessary to have all the gadgets their neighbor has, keeping up with the Jones'. And the kicker is, I have been one of the people who collected money and toys for the needy, only to find out several of those families had smokers, drinkers, and really nice cell phones, satellite tv, and well-designed, colored tattoos. Exactly what is wrong with America's welfare system.
Poor Baby

Ozark, MO

#15 Jul 14, 2012
Independent Lady wrote:
Nowadays, many people feel it is necessary to have all the gadgets their neighbor has, keeping up with the Jones'. And the kicker is, I have been one of the people who collected money and toys for the needy, only to find out several of those families had smokers, drinkers, and really nice cell phones, satellite tv, and well-designed, colored tattoos. Exactly what is wrong with America's welfare system.
Right On Target!

We Don't need to support Lazy people who won't get a job, or those who want everything on a minimum wage income.

Work for your rewards! It's called PRIDE!
Bursting Your Bubble

Ozark, MO

#16 Jul 15, 2012
Poor Baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see if I can help you:
1) move to a low income apartment.
2) Sell your 2009 car and get a old cheap car with no payment.
3) Get a second job
4) Stop paying for TV, cell phone & all extras
Its called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!! BUDGET your $$ and cut out all the extra crap! If you both work full time and get Min wage you make over $27000 a year! More than enough to "SURVIVE" without food stamps and public assistance.
I AM TIRED OF PAYING FOR YOUR WILD SPENDING AND IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR!
If you only knew half the story. I m not your token career welfare recipient. My rents cheaper than the low in-scum and I dont have no fancy cars to drive. Yep, I have Dish but my cell phone is paid for by my job. I m only on food stamps till my job picks back up a lil and my wifes job gets started. So DONT jump my arse about "Wild Spending and Irresponsible Behavior". Trust me buddy I dont like where I m at and its fixing to change for the better but I will say one thing. I ve worked my butt off for years paying in to the "MAN" just to see my tax money go into some lazy arses pockets. So when I decided it was time for me to have some help I gladly took it as a payback for all those years of payin in.
Poor Baby

Ozark, MO

#17 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
. I m only on food stamps till my job picks back up a lil and my wifes job gets started..
What is it, are you both employed full time or not? Previously you said:
"My wife and I both work but because wages are not moving up and the prices of goods and services are sky rocketing we have to depend on foodstamps just to make it from month to month"
Does she work? Do you work? What about getting some stones and take a 2nd job? Or do you get your hours cut and just take a break?
I think you need to be honest with yourself before coming on here with your brash bravado and Puffery!
Bursting Your Bubble

Ozark, MO

#18 Jul 16, 2012
Trust me buddy I m more honest with myself than you will ever know and yes we both work but when your job only starts at minimum wage you do what you can. Besides grew up with parents that did nothing but work so I had to take care of myself and thats something that I DONT want my kids going through. Yes I have worked extra jobs and when I can I take light construction jobs here and there. Unfortunately that work has kinda dried up. Bottom line I do the best I can for now for I know its only temporary and if you cant handle that well then all I can say is "Sorry, POOR BABY".
Poor Baby

Ozark, MO

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Trust me buddy I m more honest with myself than you will ever know and yes we both work but when your job only starts at minimum wage you do what you can.
Sorry to "Burst your Bubble" but you previously said that your wife's job hadn't gotten started yet. Get your sob story straight before you come on here and want sympathy from us, OK?

I hope the change the laws and make everyone sell their crap BEFORE these people get one dime of WELFARE, and they make it for 60 days max!
Bursting Your Bubble

West Plains, MO

#20 Jul 18, 2012
Poor Baby your just scratching for something to btch about. I needed the assistance, I qualified for it. I dont have any extras going out and at least my family is doing what we can to get off of the foodstamps. At least we have jobs and are trying and I have no quilt about it. Now you can keep struggling to try and make me a bad person for using that assistance. If that were the case, I wouldnt have a job right now, and I would be taking even more of your tax money from you now instead of paying back in myself by having a job and working to that point where I will no longer need it. So keep whining you "Poor Baby" cause if you wanted to try and change anything you would be writing to our politicians instead of being a chump on here trying to discredit me and many others that are just trying to survive. Oh by the way, my wife got called in early the very next day after my comment and thats when she learned how many days per week she would be working so excuse me!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theater about to reopen! 3 hr Keepitup 4
Revitalization thoughts? 14 hr 3willowsplease 21
Secret compound being built? (Jun '17) Mon FloppyDick 50
loser Sun levin James 1
Best looking girls in Willow? Sun For real 15
Wendy’s coming to town (Nov '17) Sat FloppyDick 17
mountain view snitches (Sep '14) May 19 SurperiorEuroPenis 35

Mountain View Jobs

Personal Finance

Mountain View Mortgages