MV driver witnesses deadly overpass fall

There are 7 comments on the May 17, 2013, Mountain View Voice story titled MV driver witnesses deadly overpass fall. In it, Mountain View Voice reports that:

In an incident a local eyewitness described as "horrific," a person was fatally injured after falling or jumping off the Rengstorff Avenue overpass onto Highway 101 around 11 a.m. this morning, May 17, according to the California Highway Patrol and Mountain View police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain View Voice.

Jose

San Jose, CA

#1 May 17, 2013
I saw this happening before my eyes. I saw from the moment he was walking, crossed the bars and let himself fall. What I don't like is that this hasn't been on the news at all.
Hank

United States

#2 May 20, 2013
I also saw him fall. No news no info. Strange.
Willy

Cupertino, CA

#3 May 20, 2013
I drove by the person who was lying on the freeway. I have not seen any news on him. I feel so bad about all of this.
Anand

Bangalore, India

#4 May 21, 2013
Jose wrote:
I saw this happening before my eyes. I saw from the moment he was walking, crossed the bars and let himself fall. What I don't like is that this hasn't been on the news at all.
Hi Jose, MV post identifies man as Ram Saripali, 41. If that is true, this was my close friend for last 2 decades. We need more info about the incident and his family there (he has a Son and Daughter), so we can help them. Parents live in India.
Murthy

Bangalore, India

#5 May 21, 2013
Anand wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Jose, MV post identifies man as Ram Saripali, 41. If that is true, this was my close friend for last 2 decades. We need more info about the incident and his family there (he has a Son and Daughter), so we can help them. Parents live in India.
Mr. Jose, I am his cousin. Please pass on any other info, if you have.
Mr.Anand, his parents are with him from past 2 months and his family is in a deep shock.
Emme

Sunnyvale, CA

#7 May 22, 2013
I was driving in the fast lane with my son when suddenly the traffic stopped and we had to merge toward the right. Within seconds I saw why: a man lay crumpled in the fast lane of the roadway -- maybe 15 feet from us as we slowly passed. One of his shoes laid in the second lane from the right. It was a surreal, slow motion experience. My heart goes out to this hurting soul and his family. I will never forget this. I cannot.
Jay

Santa Clara, CA

#8 May 22, 2013
My wife was a witness to this from the time he climbed the fence and is in a deep state of shock for the last several days. She was in the next lane and parallel to the vehicle which he ultimately fell under.

To now know that he is from India just like us and has a family and young kids makes it even more difficult. I understand he was a former employee at Oracle and was in the process of being hired back and was doing consulting work at Google.

We pray for his family that they get the strength to handle this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ice-T announces Art of Rap festival with Afrika... 12 hr lol squared 3
News Miami Pop Artist Britto Charges Apple with Copy... Fri 87Jason 1
News From Cuban refugee to interim fire chief Apr 22 Doc Proper 2
News VTA seems to think El Camino Real bus riders ar... (May '12) Apr 20 Lost Inspacevale 15
News Soon everyone will be an electric company (Jul '14) Apr 20 Frank Sinasstra 13
News Sunnyvale: Commission recommends education, not... Apr 20 Hellary Cliton 3
27year old man sexy looking for some kinky fun ... Apr 19 Mee 1
More from around the web

Mountain View People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]