mtn view school district

Posted in the Mountain View Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
worriedparent

Mountain View, AR

#1 Dec 6, 2011
Bulling in school .It is happening , and is far worst than the sc leader and supt ross is letting out .Is it worth losing a child . please help .
how

Mountain View, AR

#2 Dec 6, 2011
Help how? You haven't stated any specifics or given any information at all.
mom

Mountain View, AR

#3 Dec 6, 2011
depends on what campus you are at, it's not bad everywhere
concerned parent

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2011
bullying is bullying, no in between or gray areas on this matter. Report this immediately to principal of school. If persist, take it to board. This should not be tolerable what-so-ever!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 6, 2011
yeah right depends who's kid you are. scare the crap out of the bully make him scared see how he likes it
Judge Dread

Mountain View, AR

#6 Dec 6, 2011
want it to stop? the best way to end it is to teach your kid how to fight and next time he is bullied let him lay that bully out on the floor. he will get in trouble of course but if the faculty had done their job it wouldnt have happened. and yes it does work. i was bullied for years and one day i just layed him out and everyone left me alone!!! and for me it was well worth the paddling i got. my parents supported me and it changed my life.
haleyj

Mountain View, AR

#7 Dec 6, 2011
I continue to be disappointed by MV school. I went there and know good and well that your last name means so much. You are treated differently by most teachers if your parent is a teacher or if they have money or standing in the community. You bet bullying exsists at that school and im sure its much worse then they let on. Its sad. But nothing surprises me that they do. There are so many others schools that I see on tv that take such good care of ALL THEIR STUDENTS, no matter what their name is. Such as free breakfast,lunches and snacks FOR ALL STUDENTS. People will push for a new gym but cant manage milk or free lunches for everyone. I dont get it. I wish so badly that I could stay home with my kids instead of having to work, I would homeschool them in a heartbeat. I used to think kids missed so much being homeschooled, not anymore.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 6, 2011
and the truth comes out

“Mine”

Since: Mar 08

Mountain View, AR

#9 Dec 6, 2011
Judge Dread wrote:
want it to stop? the best way to end it is to teach your kid how to fight and next time he is bullied let him lay that bully out on the floor. he will get in trouble of course but if the faculty had done their job it wouldnt have happened. and yes it does work. i was bullied for years and one day i just layed him out and everyone left me alone!!! and for me it was well worth the paddling i got. my parents supported me and it changed my life.
This worked for our son.(not here) I don't advocate fighting for fighting's sake, but I do believe that a person should be allowed to defend him/herself. I sub at the schools and personally haven't had a problem in any of my classes but have come across the ones who have gotten into trouble and if their attitude at home is anything like their attitude at school, then it's not the school's fault, it's the parents'. However, you do have those that can play anybody and the system. Some folks believe their kids would NEVER 'do anything like that'. If most of them only knew. I never just took my kids' word for anything and when the truth came out, there have been some parents who were extremely surprised at what little Johnny and Susie do when mom and dad aren't looking. Much of the problem can be blamed on the fact that 'mom and dad AREN'T looking'.
mom

Mountain View, AR

#10 Dec 6, 2011
If you demand to fill out a written report at school it HAS to be addressed and taken care of. Bitching about it after it's over doesn't get anything done. Have you not yet realized that the only way to fight the "who your daddy is" syndrome is to put everything in writing? It has to be reported to law enforcement if the right complaints are made.
That being said, I can tell you from first hand experience that the ones who cry bully the most are usually the bullies themselves...sad but true. They like to manipulate other people and make themselves look like the victims to the adults. We have to be smart enough to know when we're being played.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 6, 2011
would you believe that bullies from my day now where a badge or used to I think one flunked out of the accademy
Rasputin II

Mountain View, AR

#12 Dec 7, 2011
Bullying is fun.
haleyj

Mountain View, AR

#13 Dec 7, 2011
memarcierenee wrote:
<quoted text>
This worked for our son.(not here) I don't advocate fighting for fighting's sake, but I do believe that a person should be allowed to defend him/herself. I sub at the schools and personally haven't had a problem in any of my classes but have come across the ones who have gotten into trouble and if their attitude at home is anything like their attitude at school, then it's not the school's fault, it's the parents'. However, you do have those that can play anybody and the system. Some folks believe their kids would NEVER 'do anything like that'. If most of them only knew. I never just took my kids' word for anything and when the truth came out, there have been some parents who were extremely surprised at what little Johnny and Susie do when mom and dad aren't looking. Much of the problem can be blamed on the fact that 'mom and dad AREN'T looking'.
i do have to agree with some of that. Kids should be allowed to defend themselves if need be. I also know that some kids have parents that have "checked out" long ago and they dont get the attention they need, so maybe any am sure many other school still know how this and im sure many other school still know how this and im sure many other schools work. Being pushed around or picked on doesnt just have to be physical either. Just being put down because your clothes arent designer or you dont have that certain last name, that to me is the same as being bullyed. It hurts your feelings, makes you feel worthless. Now i know there are some great teachers that dont treat kids differently because of their name, but in my experience, most do. I know it isnt right but its the truth. I know it will never change, it hasnt since i was there 25 yrs ago. The same last names, same popular ppl and teachers. So I still wish I could homeschool my kids.

“Mine”

Since: Mar 08

Mountain View, AR

#14 Dec 7, 2011
haleyj wrote:
<quoted text>i do have to agree with some of that. Kids should be allowed to defend themselves if need be. I also know that some kids have parents that have "checked out" long ago and they dont get the attention they need, so maybe any am sure many other school still know how this and im sure many other school still know how this and im sure many other schools work. Being pushed around or picked on doesnt just have to be physical either. Just being put down because your clothes arent designer or you dont have that certain last name, that to me is the same as being bullyed. It hurts your feelings, makes you feel worthless. Now i know there are some great teachers that dont treat kids differently because of their name, but in my experience, most do. I know it isnt right but its the truth. I know it will never change, it hasnt since i was there 25 yrs ago. The same last names, same popular ppl and teachers. So I still wish I could homeschool my kids.
I understand how you feel. Our daughter was teased because her clothes weren't bank breaking designs. We traveled with my husband's government job after he retired from the Army and I homeschooled her during high school. It, just like anything else, has it's advantages and disadvantages. If you find that you can homeschool your kids, try to hook up with other homeschool families and let them interract. Provided you all get along well enough. ;-) Unfortunately, bullying will most likely never go away. Try to remember, though, that most folks who bully, whether it's face to face, physical, on the phone or Internet, feel they are lacking something in their own lives/selves. They feel inadequate for some reason. We just do our best with our own kids and help them realize the right way to treat others is how we ourselves want to be treated because I don't know anybody whose goal in life is/was to be bullied.
rat

Mountain View, AR

#15 Dec 8, 2011
Their are several children that are bullying daily. One problem the kids wont tell anyone because ( it only makes it worst )answer if the teachers and supt,asst supt ,prin. ,asst prin was watching (doing their jobs ) DONT TELL US THE STAFF DOES NOT KNOW .And if their is a case with students its underplayed nothing much done.And yes their are cases that the parents should doing better jobs .However when a child is at school they should not have to worry about getting beat up.Children do not forget anything .Looking back when you have teachers having sex at school while married ,teachers and students,Husbands fighting over teachers they were having sex with ,and next one of the husbands is elected for position on the school baord .Sounds like if the staff and board members would set the example we could expect more from our children .I do know of several children/parents who are moving .
rat

Mountain View, AR

#16 Dec 8, 2011
There are a few teachers that are there for the children, but most are there for the money and the position of power. Look at there salaries for yourself. Go to

http://mvschools.k12.ar.us/index.php/public-i...

and click on Certified Personnel Contract Information.
JustaMountainVie wCitizen

Mountain View, AR

#17 Dec 8, 2011
My child was bullied at MV campus. Not just teasing, but BULLIED - harassed! We tried to deal with it ourselves first. Told my child to ignore it, don't react and they will quit (bullying not so fun when they don't get the reaction they are wanting), that didn't work. Told my child to stand up to them and tell them to leave her alone. That didn't work. It got worse. These two bullies started getting physical, not only at school but sending text messages etc. My child was coming home every day crying and not wanting to go back. Against my childs wishes, I went to talk to principal. The two bullies were apparently already known for their bullying!!! I was not asked or told to fill out any form. I was told that school personnel would keep an eye on it, and it would probably end on its own!! To my knowledge nothing was done about the situation. It finally did end, but it took a long time. While my child who normally likes school, does well and has many friends was tormented every day. Yes, bullying and teasing has always existed, but I know it was never this bad when I was in school only about 15 or so years ago. The school needs to pay more attention to this issue-not try to sweep it under the rug, and parents need to stand up and be parents!!! Teach our kids to be kind.
Malcolm

Mountain View, AR

#19 Dec 8, 2011
rat wrote:
There are a few teachers that are there for the children, but most are there for the money and the position of power. Look at there salaries for yourself. Go to
I assure you no one is getting rich from teaching school. Teachers are out alot of their own money providing for children whose parents won't provide for.
teachers friend

Mountain View, AR

#21 Dec 9, 2011
rat wrote:
Oooh yeah, they're in it for the power and the money. Also the fabulous benefits and stellar health insurance. Oh! Don't forget the undying love and respect of their well-behaved students who bring them apples every morning and sit anxiously, quietly, and humbly in their desks waiting for the day's dose of genius and knowledge. Yes, all that combined with the caring, support and common sense that surrounds them from the state department of education and the administrators...my god who wouldn't jump into that profession? Kick back, put yer feet up, and wait for that big fat check to hit the back account, then LOOK OUT VEGAS here come the teachers!!!!

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#22 Dec 9, 2011
haleyj wrote:
People will push for a new gym but cant manage milk or free lunches for everyone. I dont get it.
There is a saying "There are no free lunches."

The citizens of Stone County resoundingly voted against a new gymnasium. It wasn't even close. We have a lot of other issues more important than spending 4 million dollars on a new gym. Four million on new books and teaching aids makes a lot more sense.

Free lunches for everyone sounds charitable but I don't think the citizens of Stone County are necessarily responsible for feeding and clothing our school children at the taxpayer expense. Why do people have children if they can't afford to properly raise them? Seems a tad irresponsible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biscuit poisoning 1 hr from hear me 8
Shooting on hwy 5 1 hr from hear me 13
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr guest 30,629
chris knight 10 hr heseemslikeagoodguy 2
Innocent Hearts 14 hr Friend of the Dogs 18
Drug Testing? 20 hr Good question 13
bra utan gud is the smartest person in the world. Sun captain pickard 3

Winter Storm Watch for Stone County was issued at March 02 at 2:02PM CST

Mountain View Dating
Find my Match