Since: May 12

Mountain View, AR

#1 Mar 9, 2013
Should the Mt. View city council pass an ordinance like Augusta GA. requiring every head of household living within the city own a gun? The only exception would be if you have a restraining order or are a convicted felon. Those who refused to obey the law would have to pay a fine.
Yikes

Milan, TN

#2 Mar 9, 2013
I think they do already. Anyway, it's our right and I don't think it should be a requirement.
larry

Batesville, AR

#3 Mar 10, 2013
Anyway you look at it more guns less crime
jeez

Mountain View, AR

#4 Mar 10, 2013
That would be STUPID law!!!! Have you seen some of the people around here? Requiring them to have a gun wuld be like requiring 5 yr olds to carrylaoded weapons. Restraining orders and felony convictions doesn't filter out all the nutjobs, wife beaters, child molesters, and low life druggies. That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard in my life!
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#5 Mar 10, 2013
jeez wrote:
That would be STUPID law!!!! Have you seen some of the people around here? Requiring them to have a gun wuld be like requiring 5 yr olds to carrylaoded weapons. Restraining orders and felony convictions doesn't filter out all the nutjobs, wife beaters, child molesters, and low life druggies. That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard in my life!
Funny, it seems to be working other places and Mt. View is not worse than other placers as far a riff raff. You should get out more often.

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#6 Mar 10, 2013
How would that work? What if you have never been around firearms and being in the same room with them makes you nervous. City officials are going to expect that individual to have to pay for something that they don't want and which could end up injuring or maiming them from mishandling? It's a ludicrous notion and smacks of a 'wild west' mentality.
Mandatory gun ownership makes about as much sense as forcing someone to attend church.
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#7 Mar 10, 2013
It's working in Georgia so far. If being in the same room makes you nervous honey, LEAVE THE ROOM. I didn't see anthing in the Constitution about protecting your "Feelings" You remind me of that stupid shit in Colorado who said the girl's rape didn't matter, just the feelings of the people in school??????
jeez

Mountain View, AR

#8 Mar 10, 2013
So...let me get this straight...nobody wants wants the gubment meddling in our lives, requiring us to get insurance, makin us pay them dam taxes for everything, reglating air and water standards so we can breathe and drink clean water, but it's OK to make us carry guns?
your a freekin moron.
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#9 Mar 10, 2013
Hey, I'd just as soon they stay out. But you guys want them to restrict guns, so I have as much right to want you to carry one. It's just different point of view. But then, you don't like a different point of view, DO YOU???
larry

Batesville, AR

#10 Mar 10, 2013
It will work ifey, if the liberal can push one way we can push the other way. i like it.
jeez

Mountain View, AR

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Never said I was a liberal, and never said I wanted guns regulated. All Isaid is that's a stupid idea to MAKE people own them. Kinda like MAKE people go to church or eat potatoes or drive a hybrid or any other "make em do it" statement. It's ignorant. Push all you want, I'm a "none of the above" person so you have no idea what range of the spectrum I'm in.
hello

Mountain View, AR

#12 Mar 12, 2013
If that was going to be a mandatory law, I would be ok with it coming from the Mountain View city council/mayor. At least on a local level, people could go and state their case at a council meeting or go talk to the Mayor in person. That being said, I don't think a place like Mountain View has anything to be gained by making gun ownership mandatory. I feel that most households already have guns in their house. Look at the history behind the Kennesaw, GA mandatory gun law. They had a problem that they fixed with guns, not made guns mandatory to fix a problem they didn't already have. I think the perception of the law reduces crime more than the results of the law. I doubt that everyone in town complies with that law. But the criminals don't know who doesn't comply.
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#13 Mar 12, 2013
That is exactly the point. Its the not knowing that scares the crap out of chickenshit criminals.
larry

Batesville, AR

#14 Mar 13, 2013
i am going to carry my gun no matter what, i will not go into a gun free zone

Stone County, Arkansas

#15 Mar 14, 2013
ifey wrote:
It's working in Georgia so far.
Ifey, I'll send you a road map. Basically just follow I-40 East and then go a little south. Happy hunting.

Stone County, Arkansas

#16 Mar 14, 2013
ifey wrote:
That is exactly the point. Its the not knowing that scares the crap out of chickenshit criminals.
I'm trying to follow your logic but I admit it is a little nerve wracking at times. The overwhelming majority of most home invasions occur when the owner is NOT at their residence. But the perp will appreciate knowing for sure there will be firearms to 'find and procure' while they're ransacking the place.
larry

Batesville, AR

#17 Mar 14, 2013
Bra utan Gud wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to follow your logic but I admit it is a little nerve wracking at times. The overwhelming majority of most home invasions occur when the owner is NOT at their residence. But the perp will appreciate knowing for sure there will be firearms to 'find and procure' while they're ransacking the place.
I just got to ask, do you have a job? just wondering because i've seen your post on other topix sights. I come on here every few day and I check other sights and your on there too. either your drawing check off my taxes or you show up somewhere where you have nothing better to do then play on topix.
WhoCares

Mountain View, AR

#18 Mar 18, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>I just got to ask, do you have a job? just wondering because i've seen your post on other topix sights. I come on here every few day and I check other sights and your on there too. either your drawing check off my taxes or you show up somewhere where you have nothing better to do then play on topix.
Hey, larry. Once could ask the same question of you. You seem to have a bunch of comments here......too much time on your hands. Maybe you should get a job or a second or third job. I doubt many are drawing a check on the measly amount you pay in taxes.

Stone County, Arkansas

#19 Mar 29, 2013
larry wrote:
<quoted text>I just got to ask, do you have a job? just wondering because i've seen your post on other topix sights. I come on here every few day and I check other sights and your on there too. either your drawing check off my taxes or you show up somewhere where you have nothing better to do then play on topix.
Gee Larry are you jealous or just a pot calling the kettle black?
My employment status has no bearing on my ability to post often or infrequently on Topix. There are benefits to enjoy while being self employed and, no, I'm not hiring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 min Andy 39,479
question 1 hr bookmiller shannon 21
dycus 5 hr Hmm 11
Banned from Topix (Oct '13) 23 hr meme 39
kayla stewart miller Sun shuu 13
alex from washington Sat Kara 5
Good Church to go to? (Feb '16) Sep 23 eva 12

Mountain View Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance