Mountain View McDonalds.
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#22 Aug 19, 2012
+not
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#23 Aug 19, 2012
My point is that one cannot go around looking and acting anyway that they want and expect everyone to like it. Businesses must have standards.

If you can deal with the consequences, then by all means get a green punk haircut, a swastika tattoo on your forehead, and a chain going from your nose ring to your lip ring. Just don't expect to get a job at McDonald's.
Tim

United States

#24 Aug 19, 2012
we are hopeless but yet it took you how long to admit that you are a bigot and hopefully your children dont have to experience that kind of work, but someone who is willing to do that kind of work does not make them a loser that is just another one of your general bigotry judments of others instead of spending my time on here talking to an obivious BIGOT!!!!! I will get ready for the Job I got working for the state where my supervisor has tattoes also.
Bob

Mountain View, AR

#25 Aug 19, 2012
I gotta call bullcrap. I was in there the other day and a young guy was making me an ice cream cone. I COUNTED he threw away 11 cones trying to make one right. When I asked him about it he just laughed and said the machine wasn't working properly.
Shanna

Mountain View, AR

#26 Aug 19, 2012
true not everyone likes tattoos but just because someone chooses to put a tattoo where it can be seen doesn't mean they are greasy. i know a lot of people that has tattoos and they are good people, Tim Hall being one of them. there is nothing wrong with a person that has tattoos. I happen to like tattoos, in fact I have 3 of them and i am not afraid to show them off. If someone doesn't like seeing me with tattoos then they don't have to look at me. My main point is that just because someone chooses to have a tattoo doesn't make them greasy and they shouldn't be discriminated against even if just applying for a job at McDonald's.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#27 Aug 20, 2012
I work for McDs and I have been there almost a year and what a year it has been, this is my first fast food job, and I have never seen so much turnover at any job in the month of feb we went through 25 plus people that was in one month the shortest month of the year, I don't have an exact number of people that have worked at this store since I have been but it is well over a hundred. So Mr Chris you need to fix this store or you are going to lose one of more Expienced Workers Becuase I am very tired of busting my but while the teenagers and most managers goof off and I have to make up for thier Incompetence and lazyness.
1. you have someone from this area do the hireing(I could do no worse than what has been done).
2. Explain to your managment that being a manager means you work harder and longer than crew.
3. Closers need to make more money and you need to pay me more than you pay these worthless teenagers who make more work for me than they actually help(not all them are worthless but the majority are pitiful).
4. Sponsor some athletics or youth program in this community. We have little league baseball, swimteam, any of the high school teams anything show us you care about our community, you can write off as a tax deduction anyway.

I have a more of a list of things that need to fixed but I won't make it public.
mmm

United States

#28 Aug 20, 2012
I think its gonna get somewhat better with the new store manager they have

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#29 Aug 20, 2012
Fried Horse wrote:
My point is that one cannot go around looking and acting anyway that they want and expect everyone to like it. Businesses must have standards.
If you can deal with the consequences, then by all means get a green punk haircut, a swastika tattoo on your forehead, and a chain going from your nose ring to your lip ring. Just don't expect to get a job at McDonald's.
Body modification actually has nothing to do w/hygiene or worksite competence. In American society the WASP's are easily offended by anything that deviates from their norm. They're prejudicial, narrow minded, and bigoted. Placing judgement on an individual's character or abilities because of appearance is something way too many of us are guilty of.

From a business standpoint a store owner has to deal with this segment of judgmental patrons. If they believe it will have a significant effect on their bottomline then they may be reluctant to hire someone who has body modification. It is a sad but true reality that business owners have to cater to these superficial customers.
Stone County Native

Mountain View, AR

#31 Aug 20, 2012
McDonald's is a job. That's all it is. A possible paycheck. I have quit going to the Mountain View McDonalds, because it is very annoying to be sitting there having a discussion with your family, and the little short, fuzzy headed woman, I think shes a manager or assistant, is talking so loud to the other employees, that you can't think. Pretty sure she wants everyone to know shes important. Hate to tell her this, but shes just working a job, that is usually a last resort for most folks. I'm sure McDonald's doesn't treat their employees very well, but that is just part of life. Not many people have the "job" they've always wanted. Again its a paycheck.
Tim

United States

#32 Aug 20, 2012
Wow you really need to do more research on certain subjects dont you think and also read your opening statement toward me not the fact that you do not like tattoes the fact that your image of a person with one is that they are greasy which that indeed put with the fact that you would not give them a chance makes you a bigot and tattoes through out most of history did not start with sailors or convicts which infact started hundreds of years ago with different cultures including indian tribes. Yes sir/mam you are indeed a bigot face the fact and stop living in denial. Before you post again please reread all your post and how you for no reason seemed to just insult me when all i did was post my opinion about my experince with Mcdonalds I was in no way talking reffering to you. There are different ways to get your point accross, but atacking someone verbaly and making cruel statements are not one of them. If you do not like tattoes that is fine no problem there are alot of people who do not like tattoes including my own mother but she doesnt choose to call me greasy and put me down and true it is a decision i made to get these tattoes but when you see several other people working there and they have visible tattoes then what do you expect. So if you had not said what you did they way you did you would have not been talked to the way everyone else has talked to you.
Tim

United States

#33 Aug 20, 2012
Bra utan Gud wrote:
<quoted text>
Body modification actually has nothing to do w/hygiene or worksite competence. In American society the WASP's are easily offended by anything that deviates from their norm. They're prejudicial, narrow minded, and bigoted. Placing judgement on an individual's character or abilities because of appearance is something way too many of us are guilty of.
From a business standpoint a store owner has to deal with this segment of judgmental patrons. If they believe it will have a significant effect on their bottomline then they may be reluctant to hire someone who has body modification. It is a sad but true reality that business owners have to cater to these superficial customers.
Now how hard would it had been for fried horse to post their opinion just like you did no offense and no judging simply stating facts. Well said.
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#34 Aug 20, 2012
Geez. You're taking all this a little personally aren't you? lol I guess I pushed a button. So tell me, why do you feel the need to defile your body with primitive markings? Why do you feel like a greasy loser?

Truthfully, both of my kids have tattoos. One kid is a tax attorney, and the other is a cardiologist, though. They got their tattoos where they could be hidden. I don't like it, but as long as they do not fit the stereo type of a tattooed person, I think it is okay.

Yeah, you were just casually, peacefully expressing your opinion. You are a good guy. No dipschidt, what you were trying to do was give McDonald's owners a bad name. They are hard working, successful people, and you would destroy them, because they do not want your tattoos handing out their cheeseburgers. You were trying to get back at them for treating you in a way, that you felt was unfair. You were asking people to believe that they are bigots, just like you are trying to do to me, now. Whaaah! Life's not fair! Whaaaah! lol

I can admit that I think people with tattoos are nasty. Can you admit that maybe getting a tattoo that you cannot hide, may not have been a smart career move?

You also might want to go back and finish up the seventh grade. You write like a gorilla, and you spell like one, too. hahahahahahaahahahahah
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#35 Aug 20, 2012
You can't even spell "tattoos." hahahahahaahahahahaha

Location hidden

#36 Aug 21, 2012
I could care less if you have a tattoo or not I don't care what color your skin or you sexual preference or anything else, can you show up to work on time can carry your own wait and can you please not smell bad when you get to work. if you can do these things come and apply I need help now!!!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#40 Aug 23, 2012
bigot: a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
you wana talk about Christians who where their christianity on their sleeves well im one of those. and you judge others well look this one up also..
Matthew 7:1-5
"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. "

Location hidden

#41 Aug 23, 2012
I here by remove all objections and give the guys in the pionty hats all the room and lattitude to do whatever they feel is neccesary
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#42 Aug 24, 2012
Ha! I notice that comments 37, 38, and 39 are gone. Thank goodness someone at Topix is paying attention.
Just wondering

Mountain Home, AR

#43 Aug 24, 2012
Oh my goodness, Dennis. Don't get your panties in such a wad.
Prence

Mountain View, AR

#44 Aug 24, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
Oh my goodness, Dennis. Don't get your panties in such a wad.
Fried Horse, you are fried. Get off the drugs !
Question

United States

#45 Aug 24, 2012
Fried Horse wrote:
Geez. You're taking all this a little personally aren't you? lol I guess I pushed a button. So tell me, why do you feel the need to defile your body with primitive markings? Why do you feel like a greasy loser?
Truthfully, both of my kids have tattoos. One kid is a tax attorney, and the other is a cardiologist, though. They got their tattoos where they could be hidden. I don't like it, but as long as they do not fit the stereo type of a tattooed person, I think it is okay.
Yeah, you were just casually, peacefully expressing your opinion. You are a good guy. No dipschidt, what you were trying to do was give McDonald's owners a bad name. They are hard working, successful people, and you would destroy them, because they do not want your tattoos handing out their cheeseburgers. You were trying to get back at them for treating you in a way, that you felt was unfair. You were asking people to believe that they are bigots, just like you are trying to do to me, now. Whaaah! Life's not fair! Whaaaah! lol
I can admit that I think people with tattoos are nasty. Can you admit that maybe getting a tattoo that you cannot hide, may not have been a smart career move?
You also might want to go back and finish up the seventh grade. You write like a gorilla, and you spell like one, too. hahahahahahaahahahahah
Something tells me you're a Libertarian Baby Boomer, or worse, a Traditionalist. Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bad motel 14 min applesauce 11
Walmart employees (2) 4 hr Walmart worker 4
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 16 hr marvindo 30,929
eddie neel Jul 31 snoopy 3
Best DOPE cook in the Area (Feb '11) Jul 31 who cares 79
massage therapist (Apr '12) Jul 26 Johnny 26
Gays in Mountain View (Nov '10) Jul 26 applesauce 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain View Mortgages