Would you volunteer to a mental healt...

Would you volunteer to a mental health screening in order to purchase a firearm?

Posted in the Mountain View Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#1 Jan 23, 2013
With the ongoing epidemic of gun violence and 'murder in mass' that our country is experiencing we are realizing that mental health screening may become a necessary element of gun purchases. To ensure that only competent stable individuals are purchasing firearms we may have to be willing to submit to an exam that determines we are of sound mind. Do you have a problem with being examined to determine your mentally qualified to possess a firearm? If you do, why?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 23, 2013
how wuld you now if the determining authority oud not be pushing the personel agenda, medicalprivacy, and things like that.
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#3 Jan 24, 2013
If you can show me the line in the constitution which says, shall not be infringed, if they pass a mental competency exam that the government designs. That must be right behind the line about guns for hunting, huh??? Or is it after the part about Muskets??? Gee I forgot, the designers of the constitution didn't need an amendment to hunt, they hunted to eat. It was a way of life. They were worried about a corrupt FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!! Duuhh
Goober

United States

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Yep
Bleeding heart yellow dog

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jan 24, 2013
I'll vote for it in a heartbeat, not that ill have a chance because Obama will get it through on his own. Nothing you can do about it. I'll even let you hillbilly gun nuts in on a little secret: once its passed, anyone who wants a gun will be deemed by the government to be insane, thus disqualifying you from buying new guns and qualifying you for confiscation of the ones you have. That means that in less than a decade from now, complete disarmament. I'm just glad that our agenda has finally gone far enough to be able to rub it in your faces now that there's nothing you violent gun nuts can do to stop it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2013
they will get my guns when they pull from my dead cold hand

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#7 Jan 24, 2013
ifey wrote:
If you can show me the line in the constitution which says, shall not be infringed, if they pass a mental competency exam that the government designs. That must be right behind the line about guns for hunting, huh??? Or is it after the part about Muskets??? Gee I forgot, the designers of the constitution didn't need an amendment to hunt, they hunted to eat. It was a way of life. They were worried about a corrupt FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!!! Duuhh
So I am interpreting your response to be a qualified NO. Since mental evaluations do not personally sit well with you what do you offer as an alternative? Are we to accept that each year a certain number of innocent children's brains are to be splattered about in a rapid succession of gunfire as the price to pay for anyone in America retaining their right to possess any firearm they desire? Are you not somehow complicit in this ongoing senseless slaughter if you're unwilling to compromise?

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#8 Jan 24, 2013
from hear me wrote:
they will get my guns when they pull from my dead cold hand
The issue is not removal of guns currently in your possession. The crux of the matter is that should we be willing to accept restrictions on certain classifications of weaponry and ammunition. You currently cannot legally purchase an F-16 loaded or not w/ missiles, an M-1 Abrams tank, a cruise missile, grenades, etc. There is a reason for this; just as there might be a rational justification for limiting civilian access to military style weaponry designed with the sole purpose to kill multiple human beings in as short a period of time as possible. These weapons account for less than 2% of annual firearm sales. The overwhelming majority of most gun owners, myself included, would not be impacted.

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Bleeding heart yellow dog wrote:
I'll vote for it in a heartbeat, not that ill have a chance because Obama will get it through on his own. Nothing you can do about it. I'll even let you hillbilly gun nuts in on a little secret: once its passed, anyone who wants a gun will be deemed by the government to be insane, thus disqualifying you from buying new guns and qualifying you for confiscation of the ones you have. That means that in less than a decade from now, complete disarmament. I'm just glad that our agenda has finally gone far enough to be able to rub it in your faces now that there's nothing you violent gun nuts can do to stop it.
I am trying to decide if your comments should be categorized as ridiculous hyperbole or just way off base. In either case your rhetoric is a disservice to honest attempts to rid our country of these incidents of mass killing.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 24, 2013
I am Personally conflicted on this one I agree something needs to change but none of the options would have changed what has happened discusion is good the answer will not be easey and should not be made out fear
Bleeding heart yellow dog

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Jan 25, 2013
I'm just being perfectly honest. When Bill Clinton was asked how the American people could be disarmed, he replied, " the same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time." We democrats DO want complete disarmament of the citizens and we ARE about to get it. Think Great Britain or Austrailia. When it is done, only then will the sheep see that they were duped with the tranquilizing drugs of gradualism and incrementalism. I have just decided that we are now far enough down this road to stop being so subtle about it. I'm enjoying rubbing it in everyone's face. I'm suprised your not yet Bra.
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Bra utan Gud wrote:
<quoted text>
So I am interpreting your response to be a qualified NO. Since mental evaluations do not personally sit well with you what do you offer as an alternative? Are we to accept that each year a certain number of innocent children's brains are to be splattered about in a rapid succession of gunfire as the price to pay for anyone in America retaining their right to possess any firearm they desire? Are you not somehow complicit in this ongoing senseless slaughter if you're unwilling to compromise?
If gun bans worked, Chicago, Washington, New York and Detroit would be the safest places in the country. On the contrary, They are some of the most violent. Remove the incentive to kill helpless childress who can't fight back. DO AWAY WITH GUN FREE ZONES. They just produce a target rich environment. Do like the town in Georgia outside of Atlanta, that has had ONE murder in 5 years, require all adult heads of households who have no objection, to keep a firearm in their house and receive yearly training, to help local authorities during disasters. THAT OBVIOUSLY WORKS, but you won't even acknowledge that.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 25, 2013
lets make it where every carries thier weapon like wild west that would deter the spree shooters
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#14 Jan 25, 2013
Hey, you and I agree on something after all.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 25, 2013
well like I said I am not sure what the answer is just know I have not herd it yet
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#16 Jan 26, 2013
You mean you didn't hear the answer YOU wanted to hear Lucky for me an the rest of the country, we don't need you approval to exercise our CONSTITUTIOAL rights.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 26, 2013
I ment it more like guns don't kill people,people kill people seems that maybe you could hold the lady whos kid took her weapons and shot all te kids at sandy hook take everthing she owns and send her to prison she had to have some idea her son was not right in the head. I don't want to lose anymore of my rights my privacy rights are already been weakened by fear mongering republicans
not to mention the four levels of government that take my money and tell me what to do.
ifey

Mountain View, AR

#18 Jan 26, 2013
I believe the mother of the Sandy Hookhooter paid the ultimate price He killed her first. PS I'm not a fear mongering republican, I'm an Independent ilbertarian.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 26, 2013
you are right her son did shoot her sometimes I forget things

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Bleeding heart yellow dog wrote:
I'm just being perfectly honest. When Bill Clinton was asked how the American people could be disarmed, he replied, " the same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time." We democrats DO want complete disarmament of the citizens and we ARE about to get it. Think Great Britain or Austrailia. When it is done, only then will the sheep see that they were duped with the tranquilizing drugs of gradualism and incrementalism. I have just decided that we are now far enough down this road to stop being so subtle about it. I'm enjoying rubbing it in everyone's face. I'm suprised your not yet Bra.
Going from restriction of assault weapons/ammunition access that comprise less than 2% of total gun sales to complete disarmament of the civilian populace is a leap across the Grand Canyon with nothing more than a pogo stick. The reality is that most Americans are willing to compromise for the greater good of our society but that doesn't include adopting the mentality of a grazing herd of cows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Acid rape 38 min from hear me 3
Johnathan Pitts 2 hr His 4
Robert @ Sonic 4 hr mv chic 5
sean harrison 4 hr mv chic 8
AARP- Conservative or Liberal? (Sep '13) 6 hr FLOETIK 20
Webb Street ''FIRE'' 11 hr pissed off 1
Registered sex offenders in stone county (Jun '11) 15 hr guest 21

Mountain View Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain View Mortgages