Anglers asking for Private Club Permi...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#122 Mar 27, 2012
Not_on_your_life wrote:
<quoted text>
Well glad to see you are also a homophobic bigot as well. Trust me, I don't care that you don't care about my opinion. Make sure I know who you are when they DO serve alcohol so I can pour it down over your head just for being so stupid and narrow-minded. YOU are what's wrong with Mountain View, in a nutshell.
I am just stating the demographics and how things work and I shouldn't have to you should already figured it out for youself, how many churchs in this county? How many people? Call an election the results we be the same.

Location hidden

#123 Mar 27, 2012
results will be the same.
Dry County Drinker

Batesville, AR

#124 Mar 28, 2012
just going too wrote:
Write another letter to keep the permit from being approved.
Letter writing has nothing to do with approval or denial.
just sit

Mountain View, AR

#125 Mar 28, 2012
Back and watch how effective letters can be.
Dry County Drinker

Batesville, AR

#126 Mar 28, 2012
just sit wrote:
Back and watch how effective letters can be.
You need to get an attorney to explain case law to you.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#127 Mar 28, 2012
from hear me wrote:
<quoted text>I am just stating the demographics and how things work and I shouldn't have to you should already figured it out for youself, how many churchs in this county? How many people? Call an election the results we be the same.
how many people ready for change?....
LOL

Mountain View, AR

#128 Mar 28, 2012
As for those who want this to continue to be a dry county, you should of thought about it a little more before you allowed the tourism here ages ago. The only way to continue to remain a dry county (FOREVER) is to become a isolationist type of community. But that won't happen if you continue to allow tourism here, people moving in, building new business and road construction improvement that has passing lanes now on the roads going into Mt.View. As long as the population continues to grow, along with the expansion of the city limits, there's no stopping the eventuality of this county becoming a wet county over time.

Yeah, you may postpone it and keep places like Anglers from getting a permit to sell alcohol for as long as you think you can, but you're only delaying the inevitable.

The question is not "will stone county ever be a wet county?" the question is "when?" And the way I see it, that's not too far down the road, as long as you continue to let this town grow.
LOOK

Mountain View, AR

#129 Mar 29, 2012
LOL

There are people who move to Stone county that don't give a hoot about the music, the tourist, or the continued economic growth of the county.

We came here for all the things Stone county does not have. A place where you live in peace. We have more to loose than gain by permitting liquor sales.

We will not allow this to happen.
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#130 Mar 29, 2012
LOL, is right. The change is inevitable.

Mountain View, AR

#131 Mar 29, 2012
It is coming, it might not get here with Angler's and it might not pass with the next restaurant that tries to get a license but it will eventually happen. It just makes to much sense to not eventually happen! I don't know how many old farts will have to die off for it to happen but with the other changes occurring in Stone County it will happen. Either that or Independence county will put a liquor store right on the other side of the river to pick up our tax dollars more easily than Baxter county does and then there won't be much of a need for Stone county to go wet. It will just turn into a bedroom community for Mountain Home and Batesville and there will be more drinking happening on Stone county roads than there already is.
word from off

Mountain View, AR

#132 Mar 30, 2012
might as well put beer tops in the offering plate..
Bella

Mountain View, AR

#133 Mar 30, 2012
Its the churches yes they have a big role, the main reason is the old and coming up powers to be . they will control stone co ,why do you think theirs no industry,work in this town?Its all about control...

Mountain View, AR

#134 Mar 30, 2012
That is a good point Bella! The industry leaves this town and the quality of life goes down for everyone here. The quality will only get worse until steps are taken to bring some kind of money to this town. With money comes jobs. We are on a rapid downward spiral and things will only get worse until something drastic changes. May be that we need to try to vote out all incumbents in future elections, but my guess is that wouldn't help anything even if it were to happen. I would like to see the hypocritical church goers of Stone county to realize that being a hypocrite is WAY worse than having a beer with dinner.
just a thought

Mountain View, AR

#135 Mar 31, 2012
There are 75 counties in AR. 40-something are DRY. ONLY TWO of the dry counties don't have private clubs already...Stone & White.

Hmmmmm.....
Dry County Drinker

Batesville, AR

#136 Mar 31, 2012
just a thought wrote:
There are 75 counties in AR. 40-something are DRY. ONLY TWO of the dry counties don't have private clubs already...Stone & White.
Hmmmmm.....

There are at least three private clubs in White county. Searcy Country Club, the VFS and a private club in the former Kelly's restaurant in Bald Knob.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#137 Apr 1, 2012
This needs to be approved! There is a court hearing in Little Rock in may.
The owner (Chris) is taking
All employees and maybe some people who ask to go and be helpful in court as well. If you think your word matters just ask!

Location hidden

#138 Apr 1, 2012
Frank Phurter wrote:
If they get a permit to sell alcohol, some holy evangelitard will probably burn the place down. I heard that is what happened to the last place in Stone County that tried to sell alcohol. Stupid holy rollers. Why do many people choose to live in the Dark Ages?
I agree with this. Little fckers ruining the Christian name. And also mountain views reputation.

“I'm skywalker”

Location hidden

#139 Apr 1, 2012
Nice Ishootbabies
Veosmama

Mountain View, AR

#140 Apr 1, 2012
Well until all the whimpy people in this town grow some balls it will stay dry.

The churches were able to get more names against it than the public sent in for it.

Pitiful........Stay dry Stone County and make Baxter rich buying all your booze there.

Stone County gets what it deserves. Bunch of pussies that are scared of the chuches. Wa Wa Wa all the way home you sissy Ass-s> Go home and nurse off your Mama's titty.

Location hidden

#141 Apr 2, 2012
I am not scared of the churches but I also respect thier power and maybe if you guys got together you could reach an understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 20 min Bad Bart 41,361
brad breeding 8 hr pi 6
Concerned citizen 8 hr Who cares 11
Patrick Rushton 15 hr Mecrazy2 14
Johnathon pittS 21 hr No sir 4
cory pierce Mon bart gilbert 9
Blanchard Caverns Tour Guides Mon Keystone203 5

Mountain View Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance