“It's good to be me!”

Since: Sep 09

Somewhere in Stone County

#1 Oct 27, 2010
Does anybody know anything about all of the development at the Norway Ranch? They seem to be clearing a lot of land and taking out a lot of trees.
You must be bored

Mountain View, AR

#2 Oct 27, 2010
dustydave wrote:
Does anybody know anything about all of the development at the Norway Ranch? They seem to be clearing a lot of land and taking out a lot of trees.
"They" own the land so what is it to you.

“It's good to be me!”

#3 Oct 27, 2010
I was curious ahole . Is there going to be lots of construction for people moving into the area. You must be really bored to respond with nothing to say.
Word From Off

Mountain View, AR

#4 Oct 28, 2010
I saw this also the other day, I can specaulate that there is some new houses going up there.

The man that owns the place couldnt pay the contractor for building some houses there and traded the land right on the highway to the contractor for services provided.

So he is more then likely developing it indpendentaly to try to recover the money he lost.

My source for this info is the contractor himself, hes a nice guy from off also and i had a hour converation with him about this last year.

and thats the word from off !

“It's good to be me!”

#5 Oct 28, 2010
Word From Off wrote:
I saw this also the other day, I can specaulate that there is some new houses going up there.
The man that owns the place couldnt pay the contractor for building some houses there and traded the land right on the highway to the contractor for services provided.
So he is more then likely developing it indpendentaly to try to recover the money he lost.
My source for this info is the contractor himself, hes a nice guy from off also and i had a hour converation with him about this last year.
and thats the word from off !
Thank you! It would be good to get some more kids in Fox school and maybe with more people , somebody would open the store again.
Word From Off

Mountain View, AR

#6 Oct 28, 2010
dustydave wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! It would be good to get some more kids in Fox school and maybe with more people , somebody would open the store again.
Hey Dusty Your welecome,

I agree your community would benieft from some new households being built with children who would attend your nice school, but sadly more then likely the houses will go to people overseas who will use them as vacation ranches.

But on the upside your tax revenue will go up a little and maybe some of that cash will trickle down to fox school, ive had the opportunity to work for some of the teachers there and what a nice bunch of folks.

I also wish your store would reopen along with Hill Top, what a drag to trek all the way to town to grab a small list or some gas for the truck and chainsaw.

And Thats The word From Off
Bystander

Mountain View, AR

#7 Oct 31, 2010
Hmm, a little development is OK I guess but not a lot. What makes Fox special is that is has a small, but wonderful, population. I live here because there aren't many people.
It does seem like everywhere you look there are LOTS of trees being cut down. I hate that. I support the proposal that everytime loggers cut trees they should replace them, preferably 2-1.

“It's good to be me!”

#8 Oct 31, 2010
Bystander wrote:
Hmm, a little development is OK I guess but not a lot. What makes Fox special is that is has a small, but wonderful, population. I live here because there aren't many people.
It does seem like everywhere you look there are LOTS of trees being cut down. I hate that. I support the proposal that everytime loggers cut trees they should replace them, preferably 2-1.
You sound like one smart lady...bet yer hot too!!!
Bystander

Mountain View, AR

#9 Oct 31, 2010
dustydave wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like one smart lady...bet yer hot too!!!
:)
curious

Arvada, CO

#10 Jan 30, 2012
Does anyone know the history of the land that the Norway Ranch is on? Any idea who owned the home that was on it originally or the story there?
name

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2012
Are you referring to the murders that took place there years ago? I was so sad .
curious

Arvada, CO

#12 Jan 31, 2012
Yes actually. I was wondering how much of the original property still remains.
need info

Clinton, AR

#13 Jul 10, 2012
Who is doing the work around that big house at the Norway Ranch? They have done clearing, built a wall,added gravel etc. I need similar work done. The place looks completely different. Looks a lot better. Can anyone help me with a number or name and where they are from. Thankyou

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#14 Jul 10, 2012
The Better Business Bureau can give you references if your needing some handy work or landscaping done. There is also some ads in the local papers.

Getting a referral is wise though.
need info

Clinton, AR

#15 Jul 10, 2012
I would really like to know who has down the work at that big house. I like what they have done. They don't trash up the place like some contractors. They have kept it clean as they worked. I wonder who I would contact at the Norway Ranch? They may being doing the work themselves. I sure would let them fix my place up if they would.
need info

Clinton, AR

#16 Jul 10, 2012
I am from Mt.View. Why my post says conway? I don't know. I was using the wifi at Mcdonalds I guess is why.
Fried Horse

Mountain View, AR

#17 Jul 10, 2012
Hey, will you grab me a Big Mac, while you are down there.
mama bear

Mountain View, AR

#18 Jul 10, 2012
name wrote:
Are you referring to the murders that took place there years ago? I was so sad .
I am intrested in the history of the murders, in this area that is unusual. I am guessing that this ranch is in Fox?

“Flying Spaghetti Monster”

Since: Nov 11

Stone County, Arkansas

#19 Jul 11, 2012
need info wrote:
I am from Mt.View. Why my post says conway? I don't know. I was using the wifi at Mcdonalds I guess is why.
click on your username at the top and edit your personal profile to assign your location....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Willard 30,794
Why is Pizza Hut CLosed? 22 hr Concered Citizen 5
64-66 chevy truck parts Sun guest 1
Morel Alert! Sun Bra utan Gud 1
tony smith (Jun '10) Mar 29 NAIL 14
Billy D Burns arrested in Kentucky (May '14) Mar 28 Justin Curran 40
Humane society Mar 27 Rescuethem09 28
Mountain View Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web