Crime/lifestyle in Mountain View, Ark...

Crime/lifestyle in Mountain View, Arkansas

Posted in the Mountain View Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wellpleasedo

Timbo, AR

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Mountain View, Arkansas in depicted superficially as a charming and hospitable environment in which to retire and or raise children. Be not deceived by the false pretense of the charm and hospitality. Mountain View, Arkansas in my opinion is ruled by long time locals who possess a great deal of wealth, the "Good Ole Boy" network. The Mayor Jim Cash appears close to being retarded in city council meetings, and how he got elected is beyond me and many others in Stone county.
The crime rate in Mountain View, Arkansas has continued to spiral out of control over the past few years, and the court/legal system here appear to tolerate it with open arms and a pat on the hand of those who commit crimes, such as incest, molestation, drug possession, theft, etc.
There are also scams going on in the home building business, especially involving rustic cabin/land package deals targeting retirees, and those who move here seeking a more tranquil lifesyle. The locals seemingly stick together when an out of towner, referred to as "someone from off" is ripped off. It certainly appears the locals thrive on the money those from "off" spend here, but when it comes to getting justice in the court system, you might as well hold your a**, and kiss it goodbye. When a criminal with a very impressive crime resume who is charged with 2 felonies is arrested, and he phones the newly elected Mayor's wife, in attempt to be bailed out of jail, what might this indicate? When one of the wealthiest men in Mountain View, Arkansas, if not the wealthiest backed and conducted alot of business with the alleged felon who was supposedly ripping people off in rustic cabin/land package deals, what might this indicate? This place is not the kind of place you might think it is. You will find this out after living here a couple to few years. Hopefully, you will take this article, and ponder it awhile prior to making any commitment to moving here. The rustic cabin builder's name who has been charged with 2 felony counts, which in my opinion was not enough charges, name is Andrew L. Wittchow, "Andy." His wife Sherrie Wittchow in my opinion and the opinion of others is as sinsiter of a criminal as her husband.
Rustic cabin/land package deal seekers beware!
For those of you who want to move here and seek out a job........Well, you might to rethink this as well. Jobs are held closely for locals unless you have specialized in some area a local is not educated enough to fill, and even being educated and pursuing a job here is questionable at the very best.
tclady

Mountain View, AR

#2 Feb 15, 2008
I moved to Mountain View over 20 years ago. Although we are not uptopia, I cannot think of another place I would rather live. Bad things happen everywhere and I think we are blessed that fewer bad things happen here.

The night of the tornado I shared my storm cellar with neighbors. When we heard town had been hit, I and my husband came in to check on our office. Neighbors were out checking on people and clearing the roads of downed trees as we made our way to town. Everywhere you looked people were helping other people. I heard an Entergy employee say that in most communities hit by a disaster the people are waiting for Entergy to come and fix the problem. In Stone County people were out clearing the right of ways so the Entergy employees could restore our power.

I hope that in time you will come to love the people of Stone County the way I do. We all have a black sheep in our family, please do not judge the entire communtity based on the actions of a few.
Wellpleasedo

Timbo, AR

#3 Feb 15, 2008
I can appreciate your perspective after living here for the amount of time you have. And, I have no doubt, you really experience what you have written. However, you have not walked the path we have during and following being ripped off by a con-artist builder, and his scamming wife, who appeared to us as having been covered up to the highest level in this community. Nor did you walk the path of many others who were ripped off by this builder and according to their perspectives and ours alike by his wife, as well. His wife still has not been charged with as much as a loose fingernail. Perhaps, because she is related to some high dollar figure person, or someone in this "good ole boy" network that rules this community. Or, maybe she made some kind of deal with the prosecutor to save her, in my opinion criminal butt. In regards to staying here for 20 years, for us, this is now a impossibility. We are out of here as soon as we can be. There exists too much legal coverup here in this town, too much gossip that does not hold merit, nor truth, too much false pretense of a God-like community, that in my opinion is a crock of superficiality at it's finest and too much of a clickish local attitude when it comes to people who are not from here. I would not doubt if the very wealthy in this community do not line the collection plates with launder money to Jesus for tax write-offs.
This community, in my opinion would kick Jesus out of their Godly churches if he were to come back in human form today, unannounced wearing ragged clothing, a dirty beard, a dark tan, and wearing tattered sandals. I have no room in my life for hypocrites, nor those who take advantage of mine or my family's kindness. And, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." I have great empathy for those who sincerely make mistakes or have taken wrong actions against me and my family in error, and acknowledge this. However, I have nearly no forgiveness for those who knowingly commit crimes, coverup crimes and stand behind those who commit crimes against humanity, and then strut around like they have done no wrong, and put on the outter appearance that they are untouchable by law. Perhaps, in this community they are if they know the right people, however, in the eyes and heart of the God I have grown to know and understand, these kind of people will stand in judgement at some point in time whether it be here on this earth or following their lousy demise.
poorbaby

Mountain View, AR

#4 Feb 17, 2008
All I can say is GOOD BUY, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. What gets my goat is that you think since you are a disabled Vet that the whole world owes you everything and that you can not walk around playing GOD for everything to go your way. You want to talk who scamming who. Look at your self buddy. Your deal was done by the book, you want to blame someone, blame the VA office their the one that did most of the closings. People owe money it's no crime, people get divorced everyday, is that a crime? You got divorced, are you saying your a criminal. GOOD BUY, SO LONG, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY TOWN.
mountainview

Eureka Springs, AR

#5 Feb 17, 2008
poorbaby wrote:
All I can say is GOOD BUY, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. What gets my goat is that you think since you are a disabled Vet that the whole world owes you everything and that you can not walk around playing GOD for everything to go your way. You want to talk who scamming who. Look at your self buddy. Your deal was done by the book, you want to blame someone, blame the VA office their the one that did most of the closings. People owe
money it's no crime, people get divorcedeveryday, is that a crime? You got divorced, are you saying your a criminal. GOOD BUY, SO LONG, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY TOWN.
Wow, "your town" scumbag! You speak of some Veteran who has served his or her country for a career, and then you ripped them off. You are fortunate you may only be going to prison.
The VA has absolutely nothing to do with anybody's home closing. Remember when you ripped off, C. L.; B.&M.; Mr. O., J.&A., and all of those victims you ripped off in Wisconsin. Have you checked out your own criminal history? Do you not have the ability to see what you have done? Maybe years in a penitentary will assist you if you survive there. I seriously doubt you will. And, if you do not get any prison time, you are going to rip-off the very wrong person one day, and brother, you are going to wish you were in prison if you are not already. Regarding someone playing God. You, little big man wannabe are the one who struts around like he is some untouchable God scamming people by taking money from them, and then denying you have done anything wrong.
You are a unconscienable sociopath, psychopath and or antisocial personality disorder type of predator in my opinion.
"Your Town" Man, you gotta a long tough road to hold ahead of you. Maybe you will get on a cell block and start spouting "Get out of my cell block;" then see what the hell happens to your little butt that you think is so big.
How do you feel about your little criminal record being available to the whole damn world? Hope it makes you proud. You ripped off the wrong people scum bag! You better count your blessings this is all that has happened to you, and you did not end up flowing through a wood chipper. Anyone with a conscience could not carry out this act, as your shredded flesh would kill any living grass or plant.
Have a great life.
mountainview

Eureka Springs, AR

#6 Feb 17, 2008
Hey,

They are looking out for you in Calico Rock and all of Izard county as well. You might want to respond there too.
And, don't y'all illiterates run off to Purvis, Mississippi, because they will be waiting for you there too. Besides that, y'all would give your close contacts and business buddies a real bad name there like you have done in Mountain View.
mountainview

Timbo, AR

#7 Feb 22, 2008
Hey Y'all Good Folks! The sun has risen upon Andy and Sherrie Wittchow back in their stomping grounds of Fon du Lac, Wisconsin.
For any of you Andy and Sherrie supporters, go to Yahoo, type in Fon du Lac Wisconsin Topis, click on Andy and Sherrie Wittchow, scroll down close to the bottom to see what someone back in Fon du Lac, Wisconsin has to say about those nice, kind, wonderful modern day wanna be Bonnie and Clyde.
mountainview

Timbo, AR

#8 Feb 22, 2008
Mistake in above entry. Sorry.
Go to Green Lake Wisconsin Topix to read post on Andy and Sherrie.
mountainview

Timbo, AR

#9 Feb 23, 2008
gatherinformatio n25

Timbo, AR

#10 Mar 14, 2008
I am fairly certain You will be leaving before me, and the place you are going too will not be very pleasant.
poorbaby wrote:
All I can say is GOOD BUY, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. What gets my goat is that you think since you are a disabled Vet that the whole world owes you everything and that you can not walk around playing GOD for everything to go your way. You want to talk who scamming who. Look at your self buddy. Your deal was done by the book, you want to blame someone, blame the VA office their the one that did most of the closings. People owe money it's no crime, people get divorced everyday, is that a crime? You got divorced, are you saying your a criminal. GOOD BUY, SO LONG, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY TOWN.
TOPCOP

Conroe, TX

#11 Jul 24, 2008
MAN I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A HOUSE OR CABIN IN MT. VIEW, BUT I GUESS NOT. IF ITS AS BAD AS PEOPLE ARE WRITING IT MUST BE PRETTY BAD.
TRUTH

Eureka Springs, AR

#12 Aug 1, 2008
TOPCOP wrote:
MAN I WAS THINKING OF BUYING A HOUSE OR CABIN IN MT. VIEW, BUT I GUESS NOT. IF ITS AS BAD AS PEOPLE ARE WRITING IT MUST BE PRETTY BAD.
My perception, opinion, belief and recommendation.
Move anywhere in Arkansas or the rest of the U.S. before moving to Mountain View, Arkansas.
I believe the criminal activity there is pervasive and rampant throughout many key power positions in the city of Mountain View, Arkansas. Purchase land and cabin elsewhere. Reommend you stay way clear of any person or business dealings that have anything to do with Andrew L. Wittchow, AKA Andy or his uncharming wife Sherrie Wittchow.
patricia

United States

#13 Aug 3, 2008
do anyone have ifo. about the Shiela honeycutt thinh
wtf

Ruston, LA

#14 Sep 2, 2008
Wellpleasedo wrote:
Mountain View, Arkansas in depicted superficially as a charming and hospitable environment in which to retire and or raise children. Be not deceived by the false pretense of the charm and hospitality. Mountain View, Arkansas in my opinion is ruled by long time locals who possess a great deal of wealth, the "Good Ole Boy" network. The Mayor Jim Cash appears close to being retarded in city council meetings, and how he got elected is beyond me and many others in Stone county.
The crime rate in Mountain View, Arkansas has continued to spiral out of control over the past few years, and the court/legal system here appear to tolerate it with open arms and a pat on the hand of those who commit crimes, such as incest, molestation, drug possession, theft, etc.
There are also scams going on in the home building business, especially involving rustic cabin/land package deals targeting retirees, and those who move here seeking a more tranquil lifesyle. The locals seemingly stick together when an out of towner, referred to as "someone from off" is ripped off. It certainly appears the locals thrive on the money those from "off" spend here, but when it comes to getting justice in the court system, you might as well hold your a**, and kiss it goodbye. When a criminal with a very impressive crime resume who is charged with 2 felonies is arrested, and he phones the newly elected Mayor's wife, in attempt to be bailed out of jail, what might this indicate? When one of the wealthiest men in Mountain View, Arkansas, if not the wealthiest backed and conducted alot of business with the alleged felon who was supposedly ripping people off in rustic cabin/land package deals, what might this indicate? This place is not the kind of place you might think it is. You will find this out after living here a couple to few years. Hopefully, you will take this article, and ponder it awhile prior to making any commitment to moving here. The rustic cabin builder's name who has been charged with 2 felony counts, which in my opinion was not enough charges, name is Andrew L. Wittchow, "Andy." His wife Sherrie Wittchow in my opinion and the opinion of others is as sinsiter of a criminal as her husband.
For those of you who want to move here and seek out a job........Well, you might to rethink this as well. Jobs are held closely for locals unless you have specialized in some area a local is not educated enough to fill, and even being educated and pursuing a job here is questionable at the very best.
Oh good god! Where were you living before mountain view...under a rock?! Cuz seriously this is hillarious. Have you ever been out of mountain view lately to compare it to another town. Have you even ever been out of Arkansas?
wtf

Ruston, LA

#15 Sep 2, 2008
Oh wait one more thing..the crime rate has continued to spiral out of control?? That's so funny I will laugh myself to sleep!
Are You

Eureka Springs, AR

#16 Jan 6, 2009
wtf wrote:
Oh wait one more thing..the crime rate has continued to spiral out of control?? That's so funny I will laugh myself to sleep!
A Meth Head?
Cabin Consumer warning

Eureka Springs, AR

#17 Jan 13, 2009
Are You wrote:
<quoted text>
A Meth Head?
update
The Wittchows

Eureka Springs, AR

#18 Jan 14, 2009
Y'all forgot this one. Why, because there are Wisconsin people telling the truth about you criminals?
Rustic Cabins

Eureka Springs, AR

#19 Jan 15, 2009
Wellpleasedo wrote:
Hey, did you hear Jim Cash wants to pass a law in Mountain view, Arkansas that if you live there, you must speak only English. Vaya con dios for those of you who want to live there.
Rustic Cabins

Eureka Springs, AR

#20 Jan 20, 2009
Update

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stormy Daniel 1 hr Seriously 17
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr guest 43,331
kassy kissor Fri Haha 3
Dycus Fri Not that difficult 3
Andy Wittchow March 17 2011 Arrest Hold for oth... (May '12) Fri ram jam 36
Hagen Veronica the abuser May 23 Getyourfactsstraight 8
Jason Pruitt May 23 Iknow 2

Mountain View Jobs

Personal Finance

Mountain View Mortgages