State police say motorcycle chase reached 183 mph

A 21-year-old Hazleton man with a suspended license is accused of gunning a motorcycle past a convenience store, doing a wheelie and leading police on a chase through four townships at up to 183 mph. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sound Reasoning

Northampton, PA

#48 Jun 13, 2008
STFU wrote:
Hey dooooosh-bag, whoever said that all riders agree with this type of behavior? And what gives you the right to steroetype all riders as being represented by this guys behavior? What a d1ck you are.
Well, if you learned how to read, you would clearly have read here, MANY MANY TIMES, the numerous bike riders supporting this exact type of behavior. Over and over again.

I am not "stereotyping" riders, just accurately summarizing what I read right here.
Mike EAHS73

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49 Jun 13, 2008
This guy's antics sound like a self correcting problem. The cops did him a favor by putting him in jail.
EASTON

Bethlehem, PA

#50 Jun 13, 2008
Thank god they are stupid and admit to it. If, that were me and I had done something like that (which I never would) there is no way I would even talk to the police. I would say I don't wish to speak to them under any terms and to prove it! But, again thank god for the stupid criminal!!!
Jay

Allentown, PA

#51 Jun 13, 2008
SportRider wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no.... When you go to play, you remove your plate, you wear your gear, your unidentifiable unless caught. You don't wheelie in traffic....etc.
Probably would have been too difficult to remove his license plate in a police chase at 183 mph
SimpleMindedTwit

Wind Gap, PA

#53 Jun 14, 2008
freq wrote:
what is the top speed of a State Police Interceptor? I doubt it's 183 mph....
Lucky if the Crown Vic can manage 130!
No Mercy

Nazareth, PA

#55 Jun 14, 2008
AMAZING!!!!!!!!
I'm the 50th post and we still haven't had such dumb@ss mention if he had a helmet!!!!!!
How the hell did we get THAT lucky???

Also, you and I know that no cop is able to hit 183, and the biker is lucky if he did and survived wind shear along the ground.
It could have lifted the front of the bike and he'd have been road kill.
The Punisher

AOL

#56 Jun 14, 2008
GOP Nuker wrote:
What a dope. I'm glad they caught this idiot. It seems there are more idiots and morons on motorcycles than ever before and they drive recklessly because these bikes are made to go way too fast. They weave in/out of traffic, pass on the shoulder, and generally cause headaches for motorists. It's too bad he didn't wreck and kill himself.
You are one big Butt Cavity to wish someone dead.

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#57 Jun 14, 2008
I agree sir
The Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>You are one big Butt Cavity to wish someone dead.
speed kills

Allentown, PA

#58 Jun 16, 2008
ugottabekidding wrote:
<quoted text>
"leading police on a chase through four townships at up to 183mph" even if they where chasing him going 80mph it was still to dangerous! Don't they have better things to do??
Hey moron, re-read it. It does not state the police were doing 183mph..chill out
speed kills

Allentown, PA

#59 Jun 16, 2008
ugottabekidding wrote:
<quoted text>
"leading police on a chase through four townships at up to 183mph" your right I am "the idiot" jerk!
lol you are dumb! how do u survive day by day???
b4its2late

Phillipsburg, NJ

#60 Jun 17, 2008
SportRider wrote:
Must have been on a 'busa. Shouldnt have got caught though, must have been a rookie rider.
busa was my first guess too. wow 183 thats insane
No Pursuit laws

United States

#61 Jul 29, 2008
There is a reason why states are passing no pursuit laws. If someone is travelling at any speed, does it mean the police have the right to endanger the public by going faster to catch up to them? Who is to say a police car (no matter what it is, you have to remember these are cars that the govt "BIDS" on is any safer than one you get from the street), speaking as both a biker and police.
stunter585

Hillsborough, NJ

#62 May 17, 2009
how did he not get away? i give him props though
dottie

Kingston, PA

#63 May 27, 2009
SportRider wrote:
Must have been on a 'busa. Shouldnt have got caught though, must have been a rookie rider.
very lucky man,
he should be kissing the ground that he's alive ,my daughtre's x had got killed in a car accident poor baby was only 20 he had he's whole life ahead of him he was like a son to me ,
he should not be driving like that i hope and pray this want happen again and i hope he can read this
god was watching out for him and should not be taken advantage with this
may god be with the whole family they are very lucky to have there son my freind had to burry him hope he learned a lesson
dottie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Top Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Troopers Investigating Shooting in Luzerne County Thu krysti 1
anyone got puppies for sale cheap Dec 18 puppy power 2
Pam Sampolski Oct '14 Anonymous 1
Megan's Law offender arrested when he allegedly... Oct '14 gone from hazy 9
Hazleton man accused of stealing friend's wallet Aug '14 Friends in Low Pl... 1
Scene & Heard: Plenty of movie options in NEPA Aug '14 FDIC insured 1
LCCC's emergency alert system passes test [Stan... (Apr '14) Jul '14 Marcella Sowell 2
Mountain Top Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mountain Top People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mountain Top News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mountain Top

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:24 pm PST

NBC Sports12:24PM