State police say motorcycle chase rea...

State police say motorcycle chase reached 183 mph

There are 54 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jun 13, 2008, titled State police say motorcycle chase reached 183 mph. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 21-year-old Hazleton man with a suspended license is accused of gunning a motorcycle past a convenience store, doing a wheelie and leading police on a chase through four townships at up to 183 mph.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SportRider

United States

#1 Jun 13, 2008
Must have been on a 'busa. Shouldnt have got caught though, must have been a rookie rider.
Noname in Bethlehem

Arlington, TX

#2 Jun 13, 2008
Let him out and continue riding like this. Won't be too long until the odds catch up with him.
freq

Kingston, PA

#3 Jun 13, 2008
...and he admitted to it ....
Amused Cracker

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2008
Immature, inexperienced and riding a crotch rocket: Such a dangerous combination. It's jerks like this that give all of us good riders a bad name.

Thankfully, he didn't hurt anyone on his escapade. With his attitude and ego, it won't be long before his parents have to bury him.
Awesome

Walnutport, PA

#5 Jun 13, 2008
dumba$$
Brian

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Jun 13, 2008
This j-off ought to have his license supsended for life

Since: Feb 07

Middle Village, NY

#7 Jun 13, 2008
Ryan, good job, jerk.
WPE80

Allentown, PA

#8 Jun 13, 2008
Amused Cracker wrote:
Immature, inexperienced and riding a crotch rocket: Such a dangerous combination. It's jerks like this that give all of us good riders a bad name.
Thankfully, he didn't hurt anyone on his escapade. With his attitude and ego, it won't be long before his parents have to bury him.
Don't forget incompetent! But, yes, agreed, it's idiots like this that give a bad reputation to everyone else who owns a motorcycle and enjoys riding them at legal speeds.
Learn to read

Luzerne, PA

#9 Jun 13, 2008
SportRider wrote:
Must have been on a 'busa. Shouldnt have got caught though, must have been a rookie rider.
I guess reading owns you. He didn't get caught, they figured out who he was from the store's video tape and went to his house for him. How do they know it was 183 MPH and not 185 or only 167?
NO HELMETS

Silver Spring, MD

#10 Jun 13, 2008
Probably one of the posters from that other motorcycle thread.

“Ahhhhh! R&R!”

Since: Mar 07

Coatesville

#11 Jun 13, 2008
What an idiot! Who in their right mind drives a motorcycle 183 mph? He needs help!
Rock You Out

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jun 13, 2008
Learn to read wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess reading owns you. He didn't get caught, they figured out who he was from the store's video tape and went to his house for him. How do they know it was 183 MPH and not 185 or only 167?
No no...you read to deeply into waht people were saying. He DID get caught....he ran..I'm sorry....drove very fast fromt he police...and speed is from the police speedometer...he got caught because he's in jail now. He got caught.
SportRider

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2008
Learn to read wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no.... When you go to play, you remove your plate, you wear your gear, your unidentifiable unless caught. You don't wheelie in traffic....etc.
Idiot

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Jun 13, 2008
SportRider wrote:
They used video to ID. Read the story tough guy
Sound Reasoning

Northampton, PA

#15 Jun 13, 2008
The Morning Call wrote:
... with a suspended license is accused of gunning a motorcycle past a convenience store, doing a wheelie and leading police on a chase through four townships at up to 183 mph.... Authorities say the motorcycle ran red lights ...
Unfortunately, reads like the very typical motorcycle driver. It is just this one got caught.

Were are all the bikers jumping in here, claiming that the police are being so very unfair? That they have a Constitutionally guaranteed right to ride like that.
shaggy

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 13, 2008
Don't they know he was late for an accident?
Bob

Nazareth, PA

#19 Jun 13, 2008
Awesome wrote:
dumba$$
no, double dumba$$
twain

Macungie, PA

#20 Jun 13, 2008
The problem is he got caught> 183 mph, now thats fast, good job.
GOP Nuker

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jun 13, 2008
What a dope. I'm glad they caught this idiot. It seems there are more idiots and morons on motorcycles than ever before and they drive recklessly because these bikes are made to go way too fast. They weave in/out of traffic, pass on the shoulder, and generally cause headaches for motorists. It's too bad he didn't wreck and kill himself.
TRIPLE K

Blue Bell, PA

#23 Jun 13, 2008
Did they chase him at 183, or did their electronical equipment catch him doing 183...Does it say that in the article?? I would think at up to 183 mph at that point that would even be hard to calculate on just eyesight alone..183 is real fast my friends, fastest I ever drove on a drag strip was 154 MPH and that was back in the 60's...I dont know on this one, just lucky no one got hurt or killed..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Top Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I've been fired (Jul '06) Nov '17 Elbert Wilby 93
News Several rape-related charges dismissed (Nov '06) Nov '17 Victim 7
News Film on former amusement park to premiere Oct '17 Phawk Lesantes 3
News Feds: Three Used Fake Tax Returns to Steal Mill... Sep '17 Leona Helmsley 1
News Man sentenced to prison for embezzling from per... Aug '17 Bedtime4Bonzo 2
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jul '17 Al Busillo 682
News Why won't IHOP open a restaurant in Wilkes-Barr... (Feb '15) May '17 Hehehehe 10

Mountain Top Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Top Mortgages