S. Idaho priest back at parish follow...

S. Idaho priest back at parish following sexual misconduct

There are 13 comments on the KIVI-TV Nampa story from Jun 1, 2008, titled S. Idaho priest back at parish following sexual misconduct. In it, KIVI-TV Nampa reports that:

The Roman Catholic Diocese in Boise says a priest from Mountain Home has returned after an eight-month absence from Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish and told parishioners he engaged in sexual misconduct with an ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIVI-TV Nampa.

“God Bless American”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 1, 2008
I think it is wrong to return a priest to a parish after sexual misconduct.
Chris

Green Bay, WI

#2 Jun 3, 2008
did he all of a sudden be come holy! When will the church have guts to do the right thing, NEVER!

“Love and compassion for all.”

Since: Feb 08

Boise

#3 Jun 4, 2008
Chris wrote:
did he all of a sudden be come holy! When will the church have guts to do the right thing, NEVER!
I could tell you some stories. I was in a boy's home, when I was a kid, that was run by two gay priests. They are both deceased now but their memory lives on in all of the young men who's lives were changed by them. Just ask Al Bustamonte, who did sexual favors for Fr. R. so that he could have really cool things like cars, motorcycles, designer clothes, etc. He's currently incarcerated at the Idaho state pen until 2017 for aggrevated battery. I cannot think of one priest that I know of that is not gay. The thing that was left out of this story is what gender was the priest's sexual encounter with? I'll bet it wasn't a female!
Gunga Din

Herndon, VA

#4 Jun 4, 2008
Everybody needs a second chance. I think he's going to be all right.

Boise

#5 Jun 4, 2008
Gunga Din wrote:
Everybody needs a second chance. I think he's going to be all right.
Until he gets caught again.

“God Bless American”

Location hidden

#6 Jun 6, 2008
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>Until he gets caught again.
The Diocese should think more of the welfare of the parishioners then to send same priest back. I believe in people getting second chances but when it's a sexual crime you don't return the person back to the same position and stresses...
Myself

Boise, ID

#7 Jul 17, 2008
This is unbelievable! I am furious with their decision to do this. When will they learn that they cannot be "cured". When will they learn to do what is right?! His "sexual misconduct" was with a woman.

Boise

#8 Jul 17, 2008
Myself wrote:
This is unbelievable! I am furious with their decision to do this. When will they learn that they cannot be "cured". When will they learn to do what is right?! His "sexual misconduct" was with a woman.
I satnd corrected. It was with a woman. THAT'S a miracle!

Boise

#9 Jul 17, 2008
Myself wrote:
I meant "stand" not "satnd".

“God Bless American”

Location hidden

#10 Jul 17, 2008
Myself wrote:
Every thinking person should be furious with the Roman Catholic Diocese in Boise's decision to return a priest who had engaged in sexual misconduct.
ABUSTAMONTE

Boise, ID

#11 Dec 6, 2010
JOE,
I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU HAD NO PROBLEM NAMING THE VICTIM BUT ABBREVIATED THE PRIEST....WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY FATHER RODENSPIEL AND FATHER Dotson...what is up with you.Are you really that eff'd up...Next time you have something to say make sure you are doing it for the right reasons not naming the innocent and hiding the guilty...has'nt he been through enough....efff offff

Since: Dec 10

Meridian, ID

#12 Dec 19, 2010
Forgiveness is something granted by God in most cases. Someone that is trying for the Levitical Order of being holy is something Jesus basically is saying is not right. It's not the gold on the alter, it's the alter. Priests and the Roman Catholic Church use the most gold of any organization I know. It is false, while they pretend to be sorrowful, to once living in California, having wine tasting celebrations after Mass, I feel it is all in vein. It is better to be alone to the world and known to God than get messed up in the egg shells of corrupted souls mixed with souls trying to be holy. I take the 5th and remove myself from the system, like the Matrix.

Since: Dec 10

Meridian, ID

#13 Dec 19, 2010
The case in Germany was more horrific of how many times they put one particular priest in front of children all over the country trying to teach him to improve from molestation. Sadly when they thought that it was little boys as his temptation they put him in an all girl's school, and it happened again. There was no differing between boys and girls for this priest in Germany, and they just kept letting him abuse the system, until Germany actually made a clear case for childhood abuse, which actually is a law that passed first in the United States among the leading countries. Europe didn't consider it a problem until recently, and many EU nations have weird or often bizarre laws for childhood abuse that need to be mended, somehow, to their own personal culture and the respected of an un-abused child to make it to adulthood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I love your state and your potatos Mon Potatoes Rock 2
News Farrah Abraham's daughter emotionally demands a... (Jan '16) Mon Mom 9
Idaho nullifies Obamacare law Feb 18 Nullifier 2
Can someone please help me out. Feb 17 Jake55 4
CBH homes, are they really bad builder or just ... (Jan '07) Feb 8 Kuna 79
Aj cook (May '16) Feb 7 Mitch 3
Breezy dawn ruiz (Jun '16) Feb 7 Mitch 9

Mountain Home Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance