Mountain Home, AR

#1 Aug 16, 2012
No private company seems to want it. Now it will be put to the voters of Baxter County to acquire it with additional sales tax. That is how I understand it. Any insight appreciated.
What the ____
#2 Aug 17, 2012
Why in the world would the people of Baxter County want to be taxed to own something that no private company seems to want? Will our rates for trash service go down? Well the citizens fof Baxter County own shares and get revenue sharing?
Foghorn
#3 Aug 17, 2012
Look for "additional revenue needed" to support the place. I think it will require quite an "investment" to get it to the standards of (fill in state/federal acronym).
haha

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Aug 24, 2012
I just heard this.....buy it so we can close it!
Gray Man

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Sep 6, 2012
May have to close it with no operating funds.
What the ____

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Closing it to companies that dump here from outside of Baxter County. If the people of Baxter County end up buying this Trojan horse, we need to limit who dumps here. And if we do end up with it our trash pick up rates should be lower then anyone else that does have the ability to dump there. After all, the people of Baxter County will be the rightful owners of it.
Mountain Home Poster

Salem, AR

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Face plant in the palm.....I have alot to say and alot of ideas's but tha company is so frinken horrible, I would not tell them how to turn this thing around if you paid me more than 1,000,000 dollars in cash....they should have been nicer to people of the communiy...now they can cease.. and when the great people of this county in fact own it, I will tell them how....it is simple..

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Oct 2, 2012
I don't see the need for a special election this close to a general election.
POGO

Atoka, OK

#9 Oct 2, 2012
This is Bodenhamers baby and they wanted a special election so they could turn out there supporters and have a very low turnout to get it passed. Also half of the money goes to payoff the bonds from the first boondogle. This is one of three sales tax increases we have to vote on this fall. Vote No on all three And Vote no on Bodenhammer too.

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Oct 2, 2012
POGO wrote:
This is Bodenhamers baby and they wanted a special election so they could turn out there supporters and have a very low turnout to get it passed. Also half of the money goes to payoff the bonds from the first boondogle. This is one of three sales tax increases we have to vote on this fall. Vote No on all three And Vote no on Bodenhammer too.
Well, I don't....okay, you talked me into it!
What the ____

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Oct 4, 2012
Vote "no" for this issue for sure. The sales tax for the Sheriff's office is a little easier to swallow. I think the people that are out there to serve and protect us on a daily basis should get a good wage.
What is the third one?

Since: Jun 12

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Nov 24, 2012
You are all clearly ignorant and probably couldnt find your ass with your own two hands...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brenda's Cafe 15 hr John 6
Julie brown 18 hr hello 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mountain Home, AR (Aug '10) 22 hr Closet Inspector 50
Matt Stone, Bad lawyer Good lawyer? (Feb '10) Fri Uhappy Grandma 38
Gassville Mcdonalds Fri ministryguy 2
Chayse Anthony Brown Fri PPandF 3
hey Thu fred 2
Mountain Home Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web