Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mou...

Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mountain Home man

There are 336 comments on the NWAonline story from Apr 20, 2012, titled Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mountain Home man. In it, NWAonline reports that:

Shawn Gregory Cone, 40, and his wife sold a houseboat to another Mountain Home man for $275,000 in August of 2011, a report from the Baxter County sheriff's office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NWAonline.

Greenbrier, AR

#225 Sep 23, 2012
any new news on this, surely they will make a plea

Irving, TX

#226 Sep 23, 2012
guest wrote:
any new news on this, surely they will make a plea
Yes they'll plead not guilty!

United States

#227 Sep 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they'll plead not guilty!
They already plead not guilty.

Dallas, TX

#228 Sep 24, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
They already plead not guilty.
Oh yeah lol
own up to it

Mountain Home, AR

#229 Sep 25, 2012
Don't know why they plead not guilty, seems pretty simple to me. They ripped people off for a lot of money and a boat while they lived like rockstars. How can you justify spending $275,000 in less than six months? People like Shawn and Beth are disgusting, they take, take, take then want to file bankruptcy so they can get out of what they owe. Must be nice to not to have a conscience. Why don't they just own up to it and save everybody a lot of time and money. They are just postponing the inevitable.

Memphis, TN

#230 Sep 25, 2012
own up to it wrote:
Don't know why they plead not guilty, seems pretty simple to me. They ripped people off for a lot of money and a boat while they lived like rockstars. How can you justify spending $275,000 in less than six months? People like Shawn and Beth are disgusting, they take, take, take then want to file bankruptcy so they can get out of what they owe. Must be nice to not to have a conscience. Why don't they just own up to it and save everybody a lot of time and money. They are just postponing the inevitable.
Did they file bankruptcy?

Dallas, TX

#232 Sep 30, 2012
own up to it wrote:
Yep they did. Wouldn't expect them to pay for anything, that's against their beliefs. He's not been employed in years, but keeps spending other people's money. They are a burden on society.
Iook in the Jonesboro forum

Irving, TX

#233 Oct 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Shawn and Beth both will! Scum bags! Can't believe she still has a job! Who would want a liar and a thief counseling their children. They have absolutely no defense for what they did.
Do they even have any friends left??
guest West Texas

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#234 Oct 3, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they even have any friends left??
I'm sure they do. Both (especially Beth) are good at pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

Case in point: She still has her counselor job at Cotter. Either she has them convinced of her innocence, or they're just as evil as she is by allowing her to be anywhere near those children and giving them guidance. Makes me ill to think of those poor children. If my kids were going to that school, I'd be filing a civil suit against her and the school system both for endangering the welfare of my child.
ignoranceisbliss

United States

#235 Oct 4, 2012
She hasn't been convicted of a crime you ignorant hillbilly. You would be laughed out of any attorney's office in which you took your complaint to file. I love idiots who get on these threads talking much shitt about people they don't know, topics they don't have firsthand knowledge of, events they heard so & so talk about because God forbid they mind their own fkn business & leave people alone. Your little 2 page newspaper only prints half asssed facts handed to them by good ol' Bubba from the sherriff's PR team, inevitably typed up by an illiterate "officer" that trained at the School of Hillbilly Rejects That Got Picked On In School Crime Investigations Class for all of a week, got passed & allowed to graduate with honors because he gave damnn good blowjobs to all the important hillbillys in "position" to promote. You inbreeders are all the same. Can't do shitt so you sit on your assses & talk about the people who can. Mad because they made a little money & y'all didn't get in on their little fun they had, no invite to the party, no free pass to the in crowd on the lake. Fkn please. Go play in some traffic & forget to wear a helmet.
guest West Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they do. Both (especially Beth) are good at pulling the wool over peoples eyes.
Case in point: She still has her counselor job at Cotter. Either she has them convinced of her innocence, or they're just as evil as she is by allowing her to be anywhere near those children and giving them guidance. Makes me ill to think of those poor children. If my kids were going to that school, I'd be filing a civil suit against her and the school system both for endangering the welfare of my child.
da bears

Mountain Home, AR

#236 Oct 5, 2012
what anger, u need counciling,lol
ignoranceisbliss wrote:
She hasn't been convicted of a crime you ignorant hillbilly. You would be laughed out of any attorney's office in which you took your complaint to file. I love idiots who get on these threads talking much shitt about people they don't know, topics they don't have firsthand knowledge of, events they heard so & so talk about because God forbid they mind their own fkn business & leave people alone. Your little 2 page newspaper only prints half asssed facts handed to them by good ol' Bubba from the sherriff's PR team, inevitably typed up by an illiterate "officer" that trained at the School of Hillbilly Rejects That Got Picked On In School Crime Investigations Class for all of a week, got passed & allowed to graduate with honors because he gave damnn good blowjobs to all the important hillbillys in "position" to promote. You inbreeders are all the same. Can't do shitt so you sit on your assses & talk about the people who can. Mad because they made a little money & y'all didn't get in on their little fun they had, no invite to the party, no free pass to the in crowd on the lake. Fkn please. Go play in some traffic & forget to wear a helmet.
<quoted text>
ignoranceisbliss

United States

#237 Oct 5, 2012
da bears wrote:
what anger, u need counciling,lol
<quoted text>
You need to get off your mom's titty & go take a spelling class.
what if

Ash Flat, AR

#238 Oct 5, 2012
wonder if patrick brewer had a hand in helping them?

Mountain Home, AR

#239 Oct 5, 2012
Sure sounds like a possibility. The cops need to research this more to see if Brewer has more boats out there like this!! I'd be worried if I bought one from him.
da bears

Mountain Home, AR

#240 Oct 5, 2012
lol
ignoranceisbliss wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get off your mom's titty & go take a spelling class.
beths friend forever

Mountain Home, AR

#241 Oct 5, 2012
i just love this woman, she has done so much to change my life. beth has a new house, new furniture, new car, new cloths and a new life. she has moved on and so should all of u. i am thankful to work everyday with this amazing woman.

Mountain Home, AR

#242 Oct 5, 2012
beths friend forever wrote:
i just love this woman, she has done so much to change my life. beth has a new house, new furniture, new car, new cloths and a new life. she has moved on and so should all of u. i am thankful to work everyday with this amazing woman.
Maybe before she buys all this new stuff she she pay back what she stole. Kinda shows what kinda person she is, no remorse or responsibility. How can a person buy so much, but file bankruptcy for over a million dollars? Sounds like cheating the system to me.

Irving, TX

#243 Oct 5, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe before she buys all this new stuff she she pay back what she stole. Kinda shows what kinda person she is, no remorse or responsibility. How can a person buy so much, but file bankruptcy for over a million dollars? Sounds like cheating the system to me.
Over a million?? That's crazy! Wow. How do people of themselves as rich if they steal money and then have that much debt???
do what

Mountain Home, AR

#244 Oct 13, 2012
That makes as much sense as what they did! U get ur schoolin in the flat lands 2?

Dallas, TX

#245 Nov 3, 2012
The trial starts next week

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mountain Home, AR (Aug '10) 11 hr sodom and Gomorrah 193
queers and lesbians 11 hr sodom and Gomorrah 4
Are Mountain Home churches homosexual-friendly? 11 hr Go away 34
do not move to mountain home arkansas (Jun '13) 12 hr guest 161
Looking for a painter 18 hr unhappy with our ... 4
who is the sexiest REAL men Thu satisfied 3
Cute Guy Thu Andrew 3
More from around the web

Mountain Home People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE