First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Duck dynasty

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Why are people so racist in this town? It makes me very sick to see such hatred because of one's color of their skin.
dynasty duck

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#2 Jan 15, 2013
might I suggest that you move to Memphis or Chicago where you'll be happier .
Duck dynasty

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Jan 15, 2013
dynasty duck wrote:
might I suggest that you move to Memphis or Chicago where you'll be happier .
why should I move to be happier? Happiness should come to me. I just don't understand why someone would hate another because of their skin color???? Makes no sense. Thats like me saying I like ups over FedEx because their colors are brown and not purple. Right? Makes no sense.

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Jan 16, 2013
I agree with the person above. Try Memphis! This is a nice small town and you don't have to look at a black ass because a brother won't pull his pants up!
Duck dynasty

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
I agree with the person above. Try Memphis! This is a nice small town and you don't have to look at a black ass because a brother won't pull his pants up!
I've seen more white people in this town with their pants down around their ass too. But it's ok because you would rather judge by their skin then their character. I've live in other parts of the US as well and ive nerver seen more white trash people. I'm white too but people around her sure make other whites look bad. The black people that live here in mountain act more white then most of us. I can talk bad about white trash people in this area all day long but I won't. God Bless You Racist People Out There.
Blah Blah Blah

Houston, TX

#6 Jan 17, 2013
This town has some of the trashiest people in general. I know 3 black folks out here and they pretty cool people but a Neg will always be just that.. most of the white kids out here are the negs though. Stealing from everyone, shooting needles into their arms, and living 3 to a house hold. This is just what I've come to see since September when I moved here. House and car protected by the good lord and a gun and neither of the two are prejudice at all.

Since: Oct 12

Omaha, AR

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Duck dynasty wrote:
<quoted text> why should I move to be happier? Happiness should come to me. I just don't understand why someone would hate another because of their skin color???? Makes no sense. Thats like me saying I like ups over FedEx because their colors are brown and not purple. Right? Makes no sense.
Just curious....where did you guys live before moving here?
Duck dynasty

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Jan 18, 2013
I moved from Memphis.
Homebrewer

Peyton, CO

#9 Jan 19, 2013
I was born and raised in mountain home until I was around 14, then I lived in little rock, new jersey, Idaho, Texas, Louisiana, and currently Colorado, and MH still feels more like home than all of them!

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Racism is alive in Memphis. I went to a Mall there and waited in line for service at a dept store. I was continually passed over for people of the same skin color as the African american teller. I finally left my items on the counter and walked out.
one way

Ash Flat, AR

#12 Jan 23, 2013
It sure seems funny how many white people love to get on here and hate on other whites. What you call racism I tend to see it as more of a learned behavior. Take rattlesnakes for example, most people don't play with them.. why? Cause there is a good chance of being bitten. Even McDonald's... most everyone checks there order before Leaving the drive though... why?... whilst we are at it let's talk about black on white racism. It does exist and some studies have shown it to be just as prevalent as the more sociably acceptable form of white on black. Black People meet.com . Really? No one sees this as an issue? of course not because then you would have to acknowledge racism is not a one way street.

Since: Oct 12

Eureka, MO

#13 Jan 23, 2013
one way wrote:
It sure seems funny how many white people love to get on here and hate on other whites. What you call racism I tend to see it as more of a learned behavior. Take rattlesnakes for example, most people don't play with them.. why? Cause there is a good chance of being bitten. Even McDonald's... most everyone checks there order before Leaving the drive though... why?... whilst we are at it let's talk about black on white racism. It does exist and some studies have shown it to be just as prevalent as the more sociably acceptable form of white on black. Black People meet.com . Really? No one sees this as an issue? of course not because then you would have to acknowledge racism is not a one way street.
Totally agree! You will never see a white college fund or meet like minded Caucasians publicly advertised....My job keeps me traveling and have experienced reverse prejudice more than once..it is alive and well just the same!
Al Sharpton

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Jan 24, 2013
If it wasn't for racism I wouldn't have a job, or be in a position to tell the american people that a rifle can take down an airplane.

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 24, 2013
You are not born racist, it is something that you are taught.
Jerry Falwell

Salem, AR

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Lylah wrote:
You are not born racist, it is something that you are taught.
I agree! I also think as we age, we tend to get crankier, more set in opinion, and compelled to teach and preach. Our transmissions fail, as a result, we don't back up and reverse in our position. Polarization and intolerance is not worthy of pride, nor should it be "taught".
Go teletubbies!

Location hidden

#17 Jan 24, 2013
Jerry Falwell wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I also think as we age, we tend to get crankier, more set in opinion, and compelled to teach and preach. Our transmissions fail, as a result, we don't back up and reverse in our position. Polarization and intolerance is not worthy of pride, nor should it be "taught".
Go teletubbies!
Totally agree its almost like an AARP card is green light to be more racist as we age. Lmao. It's a full time job for me to teach my kids tolerance and to not be a race minded person.
one way

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#18 Jan 24, 2013
It is not "Taught" it's Learned.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 24, 2013
one way wrote:
It is not "Taught" it's Learned.
Same difference You learn what you are taught.
dynasty duck

Ash Flat, AR

#20 Jan 25, 2013
Duck dynasty wrote:
I moved from Memphis.
Hell I'd move from Memphis to if I lived there,
Lets just hope Mountain Home doesn't start turning dark.
Oops to late.
Sam I am

Mountain Home, AR

#21 Jan 26, 2013
Duck dynasty wrote:
Why are people so racist in this town? It makes me very sick to see such hatred because of one's color of their skin.
If you don't like it wigger MOVE. Los Angeles or Watts California may be the place for you. Let us know how that works out for you, If you live long enough

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daycare/preschool 3 hr Rose Henderson 7
kingwood tailor park nancyland! 4 hr John 9
kiana wright (Jul '13) 4 hr John 29
Teachers Bullying Students in MH Public Schools 17 hr FTP 29
Steve Lyles 18 hr shpe 1
Mason Seay 18 hr Guest 1
Bangin John 23 hr John 4
Mountain Home Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mountain Home People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?