More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
9,621 - 9,640 of 9,792 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

we are having a big ice storm. the ice is building up on the trees power lines. the electric will likely fail soon. no matter what im prepared.
harveydad

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2013

youtube.com/watch...
Well its amazing-
Hello

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Birds
beast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

To my lovely Super_Chick_ I love you dearly... I dare Beast Mode to delete this one... Whatta jerk...

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

MOSES-1 wrote:
These gases if that is the case, maybe confined to a certain level upwards can move horizontal.

(CNN)-- The Arkansas Geological Survey is trying to unravel a mystery: What is causing earthquakes in the town of Guy, Arkansas?

Since September 20, the community of 549 residents north of Little Rock has experienced an almost constant shaking from 487 measurable earthquakes.

"We've had 15 today including a 3.1 (magnitude) from this morning," Scott Ausbrooks, geohazards supervisor for the Geological Survey, said Monday. "These are shallow quakes between two and eight kilometers (between one-and-a-quarter and five miles) below the surface.

http://www.wibw.com/mobi...
So
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

I shot 3 coyotes today. I like birds better than coyotes.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
I shot 3 coyotes today. I like birds better than coyotes.
My dogs found an injured raptor in the yard today. I tried to give it a fighting chance by contacting a licensed raptor rehabber. Our plan was to capture it, and get it to a safe, warm environment where it could be examined for injuries, fed and cared for until it could fully recover and be released back into the wild.

It wasn't meant to be. I located the deceased hawk under a pine tree as the person that was going to help me capture it was on her way over.

I believe it may have hit my window yesterday. Even though I have screens covering the glass to prevent this kind of thing, he may have hit the screen so hard that instead of bouncing off, he still ended up slamming into the window.

Very sad.:(

I don't like losing predators. They are so beautiful and necessary. I have too many doves, now one less predator to keep them in check.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
My dogs found an injured raptor in the yard today. I tried to give it a fighting chance by contacting a licensed raptor rehabber. Our plan was to capture it, and get it to a safe, warm environment where it could be examined for injuries, fed and cared for until it could fully recover and be released back into the wild.
It wasn't meant to be. I located the deceased hawk under a pine tree as the person that was going to help me capture it was on her way over.
I believe it may have hit my window yesterday. Even though I have screens covering the glass to prevent this kind of thing, he may have hit the screen so hard that instead of bouncing off, he still ended up slamming into the window.
Very sad.:(
I don't like losing predators. They are so beautiful and necessary. I have too many doves, now one less predator to keep them in check.
You should remove your windows. I have 3 less predators and more deer now! I am so happy!

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Really
Reaper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Bah humbug !
Huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

If you are so worried about the raptors hitting your windows tear your house down and live in a tent then they won't get hurt!!!!! But I bet you aren't that concerned about them!! I'm sure if it is an inconvenience to you then you won't do it! But if its at the expense of someone else' s inconvenience you want them to do it

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Huh wrote:
If you are so worried about the raptors hitting your windows tear your house down and live in a tent then they won't get hurt!!!!! But I bet you aren't that concerned about them!! I'm sure if it is an inconvenience to you then you won't do it! But if its at the expense of someone else' s inconvenience you want them to do it
Grow up! We can all do things to help protect wildlife. God knows we do enough to destroy it! I do what I can ...(within reason).....do you?

Merry Christmas everyone!
Huh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I kill everyone of those chicken stealing damn birds! I can't stand a hawk or owl!
hello

Arlington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Dave Miller wrote:
You guys need to have them birds tested and don't leave it all to the government .
Yes they di
haha

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Lol
KwaZulu

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

When an interesting topic is being discussed!
Some of you guys start spaming!
LOL!!!
sally

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

It happened again

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

Huh wrote:
I kill everyone of those chicken stealing damn birds! I can't stand a hawk or owl!
Obviously you are uneducated. People who "can't stand" any form of wildlife obviously doesn't know anything about them. You poor deprived soul.

It is acts like that...that cause mice, rats and rabbit populations to soar.

PS. Killing any hawk or owl is totally ILLEGAL!!

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Judged:

It's not ILLEGAL if you have a permit. Oh, before you accuse someone of being uneducated, you should look at your own lack of BASIC grammar skills.
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are uneducated. People who "can't stand" any form of wildlife obviously doesn't know anything about them. You poor deprived soul.
It is acts like that...that cause mice, rats and rabbit populations to soar.
PS. Killing any hawk or owl is totally ILLEGAL!!
caw

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

caw

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Mountain Home Forum right now

Search the Mountain Home Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 29,059
Is EATON a good place to work? (Dec '08) 2 hr guest 183
Is Baxter lab hiring? (Oct '13) 3 hr Jamie 7
transsexuals? 3 hr John 10
where to rent a jet ski 4 hr Guest 3
renae Thu John 7
Leon Bardin Thu John 6
•••
•••