More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 401)

Showing posts 8,001 - 8,020 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have pictures of more than a dozen of them roosting in a tree along side black ravens. I never knew they did that. It was quite a sight.
NICE!! We got a honey hole we duck hunt out of in the winter & fish out of in the summer. See em there a lot in summer.
Amy

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>This state is full of eagles and all types of wild life. I see Oryx daily. They are a challenging hunt and not bad eating.
No Oryx here! I'm ready for frog hunting!!
fifty1fifty

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I think some Bald Eagles are around Jonesboro recently. I heard they taste like Condor?(:
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I used to go frog gigging with my grandfather in Arkansas. Those were the days.........

God rest his soul.
:) I LOVE frog huntin

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Tonight I'm eating bird. Tomorrow I'm eating fish. So if you don't here back from me tonight. Then you know it was the birds.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

weird

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

strange
Jinny

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

seen some dead ones in beebe by the college
cletus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I saw that
Tweetie

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I tought I saw a puddy tat

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Tweetie wrote:
I tought I saw a puddy tat
You did....FAR too many of them!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/01/29...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Cats a good for the enviornment.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
You would be correct IF "good for the environment" meant taking a non-native predatory species from another continent, bringing them to a land where they never were historically, and releasing them into the wild to reproduce largely unchecked by native predators, such as wolves and cougars, many of which were eradicated by man, and letting the introduced species indiscriminately kill native species, such as songbirds, by the billions that have few, if any, defenses against them; while the introduced species, at the same time, drastically reduces the number of prey species, such as mice and songbirds, causing our native predators, such as hawks and owls, to decline because of the shortage of prey caused by the alien.
guess who

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I hit the jackpot with my trapping the last few days. I caught a opossum. a male fox. a beagle hound. Two large black mouth cur & very a large black furry dog. those dogs where about to harass my livestock ! Im certian they Where about to? Why else would they be digging & ducking under my woven wire fence and tresspassig on my land? I highly reccommend the ten inch body grip traps they are very effictive. No birds where harmed in my trapping adventures.
guess who

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
Its unbelieveable but I havent caught a feral housecat in my traps in a considerable long time.
Here I am again

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

are we sure those birds were hit by a car driven by a drunk news anchor?
Brown Girl in the Ring

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

guess who wrote:
I hit the jackpot with my trapping the last few days. I caught a opossum. a male fox. a beagle hound. Two large black mouth cur & very a large black furry dog. those dogs where about to harass my livestock ! Im certian they Where about to? Why else would they be digging & ducking under my woven wire fence and tresspassig on my land? I highly reccommend the ten inch body grip traps they are very effictive. No birds where harmed in my trapping adventures.
Ouch! You horrible person.
guess who

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Brown Girl in the Ring wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch! You horrible person.
Ill tell you who is horrible. Irresponsible pet ownwer,s who let their cats & dogs run at large. Ive had cattle goats poultry ect. maimed and killed by dogs. keep Fido & Sylvester on your own property and their safe from my traps.

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

guess who wrote:
<quoted text> Ill tell you who is horrible. Irresponsible pet ownwer,s who let their cats & dogs run at large. Ive had cattle goats poultry ect. maimed and killed by dogs. keep Fido & Sylvester on your own property and their safe from my traps.
I don't blame you one bit. People should see after their pets. If one comes on my sons property it's dead by lead poisoning. He has cows, his own dogs and chickens. He doesn't want someone else's dogs or cats around either.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be correct IF "good for the environment" meant taking a non-native predatory species from another continent, bringing them to a land where they never were historically, and releasing them into the wild to reproduce largely unchecked by native predators, such as wolves and cougars, many of which were eradicated by man, and letting the introduced species indiscriminately kill native species, such as songbirds, by the billions that have few, if any, defenses against them; while the introduced species, at the same time, drastically reduces the number of prey species, such as mice and songbirds, causing our native predators, such as hawks and owls, to decline because of the shortage of prey caused by the alien.
So the cat is like the white man, the horse, the pig, the cow, the oryx, green grass, you see where this is going, I can go ALL DAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,001 - 8,020 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Mountain Home Forum right now

Search the Mountain Home Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 17 min Speller feller 28,641
kelli hicks 5 hr John 9
Is EATON a good place to work? (Dec '08) Mon Guest 177
nusring homes/job Mon why_me 2
Hillaree e bell (Powell) Jul 7 2 cents 9
find me Chris partee Jul 6 parteehater 3
do not move to mountain home arkansas (Jun '13) Jul 6 Living is great 80
•••
•••