cell phone service-good bad and ugly

Posted in the Mountain Home Forum

no bars

Evening Shade, AR

#1 Aug 25, 2011
Before I renew my contract, what are the best carriers in the area. My AT T seems to get weaker signal lately, especiaaly in lakeview-midway area. Anybody else experiencing the same ?
Bojangles

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Aug 25, 2011
Yeah it has been that way since the ice storm. I call them every couple of months and complain, to no avail. They probably won't put up a new tower around here. From my experience, they are still the best in this area though. All cell phone carriers are pretty bad in this area; at least AT&T has the cash to keep buying out other companies and hopefully that will mean better service soon.
yeahyeah

Mountain Home, AR

#3 Aug 25, 2011
Verizon has the best signals in this area compared to my friends who have AT&T...
Robsgirl

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Aug 25, 2011
Verizon has the best coverage in this area. Any cell phone carrier is going to have "dead spots". But Verizon is the best in our area. I travel all over this area (including the lakes and the backwoods) and have had tremendously better service with Verizon. If you are interested in what they have to offer, go see Kim at Russell Cellular in Mountain Home by Staples. She is very knowledgeable and can make you some great deals on phones!
too old

Cherokee Village, AR

#5 Aug 25, 2011
I had to change to Verizon, AT&T let me out of my contract because it shows on their map that Mountain Home is not in their coverage area..
Todd

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Aug 27, 2011
So I called at&t a few months ago about my coverage in the Bull Shoals area and they gave me a spiel about the tower being down for repairs.

A month later and no service, and I called back. They let me out of my contract and waived my fees.

To the person above, I couldnt agree more about Kim, she was the one who recommended to me that I call AT&T again and stop paying for something I couldnt use. All the people at Russell are pretty great.

They explained that I just needed to be the squeaky wheel and AT&T would eventually cave. I would have never thought to tell them that they were not holding up the agreement.
communicator

Batesville, AR

#7 Sep 18, 2011
no bars wrote:
Before I renew my contract, what are the best carriers in the area. My AT T seems to get weaker signal lately, especiaaly in lakeview-midway area. Anybody else experiencing the same ?
I would go with Straight Talk from Walmart, they use verizon towers and you get unlimited talk,text & web for one flat fee of 45.00/mo
Bomber4life

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Verizon is the way to go throughout the whole nation. I travel all over Baxter county and have much better service with them. Straight talk has decent coverage but doesn't utilize (lease) all the Verizon towers. Not to mention straight talk doesn't offer the 4g lte speeds. I will have to say AT&T has better commercials on tv. I dont think commercials will help your reception much though. The best store in town is across from papa Murphy's.
Hollywood

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Feb 9, 2013
I've had Straight Talk Verizon service for three years with no problem. I am at the lake quite a bit and it works great.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#10 Feb 9, 2013
There are spota in Baxter county where you will lose service with both providers. Kim is store manager of radio shack now. She sells both providers & will be able to help you out in making a decision.
worthless

Kemp, TX

#11 Feb 14, 2013
I can't speak for AT&T, but Verizon has been pure crap as of late.

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Hollywood wrote:
I've had Straight Talk Verizon service for three years with no problem. I am at the lake quite a bit and it works great.
I too would recommend Straight Talk. I have had no trouble with the service in close to four years as a customer. The unlimited $45 a month is hands down the best plan I have found. I have had two phones, both trouble free, and only changed phones recently because I wanted a smart phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Palmere sent to prison for 13-year term (Mar '14) 2 hr Chawna Bone Palmere 44
Sherri stevens 7 hr Johns ex lover 8
Special Encounter 9 hr Philbert Desenex 10
Gays 20 hr riffraff 27
baxter labs as neighbors 23 hr John 3
what do you know about 23 hr John 4
what you know Apr 16 dee 11
More from around the web

Mountain Home People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]