Corrupt or Unethical Policemen

Posted in the Mountain Home Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kenneth Freeman

Seminole, OK

#1 Mar 14, 2013
I am writing this thread to draw attention to the unethical, and unbelievable actions of the MHPD, BSCO, and Arkansas State Police. They signed a Standard of Conduct that states that they agree to uphold the law without favor or malice, but they show favoritism to other individuals that chose the same career path and holders of official offices in local government. I believe in justice for all, and equal rights and these people claiming to enforce the law are undermining the principles that our government was founded on.
Carry Manuel, Chief of Police, I am calling you out for your lack of integrity when dealing with me, a registered voter in this county. I confronted you about your police departments cruisers being out of compliance with the law, and you refuse to adhere to Arkansas Statute 27-37-306 as it applies to you.
Officer Tilly, I am confronting you for your lack of integrity, and your choice to show loyalty to your employer before upholding the laws that you were charged with enforcing appropriatly. I confronted you in regards to your vehicle specifically being out of compliance and mandate and you told me that you would drive an illegal vehicle daily before confronting your boss. It doesnt matter who Carry Manuel is, it doesn't give you the right to operate a vehicle on our streets that poses a hazard to the safety of anyone you may come in contact with. You sir, are a poor excuse for an officer of the law, and you could use a little more courage in the line of duty. If you wont stand up to your boss for yourself, how can you stand up to criminals for the community.
Sheriff Montgomery, I am calling you out sir, for your lack of integrity, and your sorry excuse for justification. You told me that short of murder that you wouldnt authorize an investigation to take place on another officer, and that is completely unprofessional of you. I dont understand why anyone would continue to vote you into office, and you should resign immediatly for you are making choices that are disgraceful to this country by not holding your constituency or affiliates to the law in the same fashion as a normal citizen.
LT. Smithee, AR State Police, I am calling you out for your lack of concern and your poor justification for refusing to act. I think that you should all be investigated for your unethical decisions and repremanded accordingly.
In short, Mr. Manuel, your vehicles are not in compliance with Ar Statute 27-37-306 and you refuse to fix it. The community deserves to know why
Kenneth Freeman

United States

#2 Mar 14, 2013
As a matter of fact, I want to call out the entire Mountain Home Police Department, Baxter County Sherriffs Office, and local Arkansas State Police Officers. You ALL would claim to be law abiding citizens and upright in our community, but I believe a lot less of most of you. I believe that the majority of MHPD is gutless to the point they will continue to break the law by operating these vehicles versus asking that they be made to comply. Baxter County Sheriffs deputies swore an oath to do whatever the sheriff says, so they can nearly be counted as worthless to our community. I say this because the Sheriff has made it policy to not investigate other law enforcement, so I doubt that very few, if any, were ever trained in the equal rights and justice for all traditions our forefathers established in the beginning. I am calling you all out fir your worthlessness in our community. You can all speak about what you do for this community, just as the mafia and hitler once did, but the truth is that you all serve with prejudice, and favoritism. None of you put principles before persons, and I consider all of you weak as water for your behaviors. One of you, atleast one, has to have a set big enough to do the right thing regardless of what it may cost you or your family. That is what I am doing now, and it is what I believe modern day heros may be made of. Someone that uses their badge as a shield from public view or as a license to break the law are the opposite, and more the standard for MHPD. What should be a felony is using your badge or government office to keep from adhering to state laws in the same fashion as a citizen. That's some real Law and Order stuff. So why don't all of you people I named, or others, get on here and defend yourself. Tell the community why its better to be a safety hazard to our community rather than waste a few tax dollars resolving the problem that you wasted tax dollars creating, and why you can't put the vehicles in compliance yourself. Get on here and tell the community why, as officers, you show an individual more respect than the law we pay you to enforce on everyone. Tell us why its better to drive a public hazard than confront your employer. Get on here and tell me what about Mr Manuals position as chief that creates a double standard in regards to how the law is enforced. I would like to know where Mr Manuals integrity is, and whyhe refuses to do the right thing. I want to know who's holding the sacks of those who are responsible for enforcing the law, but will not stand up to a man that was birthed and will pass the same as every other citizen.
Kenneth Freeman

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2013
To be clear, my only intent is to incite Mr. Manuel, and the others named to provide the community with an answer for their trespasses against us as citizens. I, in no way, am trying to incite violence or anger. The views expressed here are opinions and views held by myself, and not meant to degrade or disrespect those involved, but to encourage them to take a higher path and show integrity in their duties. I understand that these are people too, but when a cop is confronted about a violation of the law, they shouldnt act the way MHPD has. Who in this country has the ability to say that they recognize the law, but will not adhere to. Why are people allowed to stay on tax payers salaries that disrespect the positions we allow them to keep? Its because the view that messing with police is a bad idea. Its the police doing what they want in the line of duty that has lead the community to fear them in that way. The thought of fearing police retribution should have died long ago, and police are supposed to be people that we can turn to when in need. That's not the case here. Here, you let a cop know he's breaking the law and you get balked, and you learn just how corrupt our local legal system is.

Since: Oct 12

Irving, TX

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Kenneth..Kenneth..Kenneth..Bah ahahaha, Now that is good stuff! By the way..what is wrong with the cars?
find something to do

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Mar 15, 2013
Bla bla So you are all worked up over this law:http://home.pcisys.net/~bp c/auto_law/tint/tint_ar.html
Come on man, your really bitchin about a Tint Law, REALLY-
SO:(i) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section or any other law to the contrary, windshields of law enforcement vehicles may be tinted to the extent that the windshield permits at least fifty percent (50%) net light transmission.
Is the car actually tinted more than 50%????
Or are you just hot headed and slighted with anger issues and to much time on your hands?
Kenneth Freeman

Seminole, OK

#6 Mar 15, 2013
Hey guys, I can answer both of your questions at the same time. It is not (i) that they are in violation of. It is (a) It shall be unlawful to operate a vehicle on the public highways if after-market tinting material, together with striping material, has been applied to any windows of the vehicle or if letters or logos larger than one-quarter inch (1/4") have been applied to the windows of the vehicle. It's also b-(2) On all 1994 model vehicles and later model vehicles, the side windows and side wings located on the immediate right or left of the driver or to the right or left immediately behind the driver may be covered with an after-market tinting material which results in at least twenty-five percent (25%) net light transmission, except that the side windows immediately behind the driver on any truck, bus, trailer, motor home, or multiple purpose passenger vehicle may be covered with an after-market tinting material which results in at least ten percent (10%) net light transmission; and. It's also (c) Any vehicle that is operated on Arkansas roads with after-market tinting material on any glass shall have attached to the front glass immediately to the operator's left a label containing the name and phone number of the company installing the tinting material and affirming that all tinting on the vehicle conforms to the requirements of this section. Also, any officer that operates one of the cruisers is in violation of (g) Any installer of motor vehicle glass tinting material who installs any glass tinting in violation of this section or otherwise violates the provisions of this section or any person operating any motor vehicle with glass tinting or other after-market alteration of the glass in the vehicle which is contrary to the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor. I put that last part in there, but dont think that the tinters at Precision Window Tinting should be held accountable for they were undoubtedly led to believe it was legal by Mr. Manuel. The point is that Mr. Manuel has wasted countless tax dollars on this illegal behavior, and he still refuses to put the vehicles under his management in compliance with the law. It is also a shame that Mr. Manuel and Mr. Montgomery have openly refused to hold their brothers, or fellow officers, accountable for their illegal actions. Mr. Manuel and Sheriff Montgomery have both stated that they would not authorize me to file a police report on Mr. Manuel for his behavior. I believe that Mr. Manuel, in refusing me the ability to file a report, is undoubtedly denying me access to the legal system. I am in pursuit of justice, and if Mr. Manuel had no fear for consequenses for his actions, why would he not let me file a report. Mr. Manuel is denying me access to the legal system because of his personal interest in the crimes being commited and his unwillingness to show integrity in the line of duty. By not holding his brother accountable, and allowing me to file a police report, any officer involved is obstructing justice. Why, because he is a police chief, does Mr. Manuel deserve lienancy or favor from the legal system. The laws apply to all citizens regardless of career choice, and any exclusions for certian criteria are layed out in the law. In short, Mr. Manuel needs to grow up, take responsibility for his choices, and be held accountable for those choices in the same manner that any other resident of this county would have to.
Kenneth Freeman

Seminole, OK

#7 Mar 15, 2013
When you get done, a Class B Misdemeanor carries up to a $1000 dollar fine and up to 90 days incarceration. This means every officer logged as driving one of those vehicles are possibly guilty of this Class B Misdemeanor. I have heard the expression, "Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law", but I guarentee you that not an officer one sees a court room. I would bet that Officer Tilly, the officer that told me he would drive the cruiser if it was illegal before confronting his boss, never sees so much as a fine. I do not believe that such blatant transgressions against our states laws should be overlooked because of a job choice. You black out the windows of any other commercial fleet and refuse to put them in compliance with the law and see what happens. I dont think that because your a chief of law enforcement that you should be able to dance all over the law. I think that there should be a state trooper at the PD issuing citations today, but the prosecuting attorney isnt the only one willing to turn a blind eye in the name of doing a solid for one of his "homies."
Really

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Mar 15, 2013
Sounds like somebody got them a tint ticket?? It does suck to get one knowing the car writing the tickets windows are darker than Your own but hey, that's life. You sir need to find a day job
Hmmm

Mckinney, TX

#10 Mar 15, 2013
I do not know any Mountain Home officers by name, but anytime I have dealt with them they have been great. By dealing with them, I mean being pulled over. I wasn't pulled over for doing anything wrong, but none the less they were checking me out and were very pleasant! I have only been stopped by one deputy and he lied about why he pulled me over. I called him on it. He finally admitted he did so because of the hour and it was near a bar. He wanted to check me out. That was all he had to say. I do not mind an officer checking for drunk drivers. I despise a drunk driver and it is good to know they check for them. The troopers in Baxter County have never shown anything but respect toward me. Maybe it is because I abide by the law and show officers respect, but I have no gripes about any officers patrolling Baxter County.
GO HAVE FUN

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Mar 16, 2013
So now you have illusions of a State trooper at the Sheriffs office writing all the officers who drive those god blessed against the law cars a personal ticket while on duty? I regret to inform you that is never going to happen.... and you also might want to adjust your medication today, and do something fun- To be honest with you, at least some of the patrol cars are all tinted back and look cool. And the tint is hurting no one so chill and pick another battle...there are many to choose from.:)
Kenneth Freeman

United States

#12 Mar 16, 2013
I have received no tint ticket at all, and I have not had a sip of alcohol since I was 20 years old. I have a full time job, and I have volunteer in the community. I have no issues with the jobs performed by officers in the line of duty. I despise drunk drivers as well. I think they do a great job of enforcing the law on civilians. They have a problem with enforcing the law when it comes to other officers or their employer. It would be an illusion if anyone ever seen a state trooper holding a local law enforcement agent accountable in this city. My problem is that the laws of this state were established for all members of this community. Those that are plagued with mental illness have to prove so to avoid being held accountable by the courts, so why should a fully competent supervisor of police enforcement be able to a avoid the legal system and legal responsibility all together? Everyone on here can criticize and judge me and talk crap about me, but what opposition to the law can you provide. Someone shut me up with an explanation of why he is not responsible for putting the cruisers in compliance. Tell me how, under the law, that he should be shown lienaancy or favor. Tell me where the law said this law should not be enforced on everyone, since its being enforced on the public? Nothing makes it right no matter how much you try to discredit me. Nothing makes it right because its only a misdemeanor, because I believe prostitution is the same class misdemeanor. Is that the next meaningless law that local police officers will laugh at as they pay for their blow jobs?

Flippin, AR

#13 Mar 16, 2013
Honestly..I think what you are saying is 100% true but it's almost laughable to think that anything will change or the county or city will be held accountable for their actions. I have lived in this area for 40 yrs and they have always been above the law and probably always will regardless of who is elected to Sheriff. I have actually moved from Baxter to Marion and law enforcement turning their backs to the law has a lot to do with why.
Kenneth Freeman

Seminole, OK

#14 Mar 16, 2013
GOOGLE "BLUE CODE OF SILENCE" NOW AND HELP STOP POLICE CORRUPTION IN YOUR COMMUNITY!!!!
Hmmm

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Mar 16, 2013
I did not mean to imply that you have done anything illegal. If it came of that way, I apologize. I just wanted to point out that not all of the officers are corrupt and that the ones I have dealt with are respectable fine officers. If an officer pulls me over and I am in the wrong I will still respect them and take my lumps.

Mckinney, TX

#16 Mar 19, 2013
There is a guy in jail for DWI and illegal window tint.
Really

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Mar 19, 2013
So, I guess you didn't get anywhere trying to attack Nevin Barnes. And now you are trying to pick a fight over window tint? You have to be kidding me. Did you ever pay them man his rent? Fix his house? If you are really so upset about the window tint, find yourself a lawyer and sue the City and the County and the State and win your case. And if you win they will be made to re-tint their windows. If not, you will owe a lawyer money you probably won't be able to pay.
about time

Dallas, TX

#18 Mar 19, 2013
I want to thank the sheriffs office for a Job well done. They have shown me that they are for the victim. It's to bad Greene county won't do there job. Anyways thank you again mountain home Sherriffs office for a Job well done. You just didn't keep Jim long enough to get him Cleaned up odd drugs. Not your fault. Greene county sucks ass
coonwatcher

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Mar 20, 2013
The BCSO are fucktards for the most part. Only jobs most of them can get other than flipping burgers, though the burger job would probably pay a bit better. Only saving grace is that when JM gets his ass beat next election, which he will after all his public whining after the failed jail tax, we will have a mostly new SO. Oh, speaking of JM, ever notice you only see him in a turtleneck? Ever wonder why? Show a pic of those cool tatoos John!!!
WAY TO GO

Hardy, AR

#20 Mar 20, 2013
I HAVE LIVED IN THIS TOWN ALL OF MY LIFE AND I MUST SPEAK OUT....I AGREE WITH 90% OF WHAT MR.FREEMAN SPEAKS OF....THE POLICE IN THIS TOWN HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY...ITS THE "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO" PRINCIPLES... I HAVE WATCHED MANY GOOD PEOPLE BE RIDDEN HARD BY OUR POLICE FORCES AND TRICK AND FRAME PEOPLE TO SAVE ANOTHER POLICE'S ASS....THERE ARE A FEW DECENT COPS BUT THEY ARE SO HIDDEN OR RUN OUT BY THE BAD COPS THAT YOU NEVER HEAR OF THEM OR ENCOUNTER THEM FOR VRY LONG..THEY THINK BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE UNIFORM THEY CAN REWRITE THE LAWS TO SUIT THEMSELVES....I HAVE SEEN IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ALL THESE DECADES...AND IF SOMEONE EVER DID TRY TO BRING ATTENTION TO SOME OF THESE BAD BEHAVIORS THEY WERE SOMEHOW "IN TROUBLE" WITH THE LAW SOON AFTER AND NOTHING EVER CAME OF THE COMPLAINTS...THEY ALL COVER FOR EACH OTHER PLAIN AND SIMPLE....BUT IF YOU PICK YOUR BATTLES AND PLAY YOUR CARDS RITE YOU WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE YOUR TIME....GOD WILL HAVE TO JUDGE THESE BEHAVIORS AT THE PEARLY GATES....THAT I EMPHATICALLY BELIEVE...THEY WILL PAY BUT HOPEFULLY BEFORE THEY ENDANGER OR HURT OTHER INNOCENT PEOPLE...KUDOS TO YOU MR.FREEMAN...WAY TO GO!!!
GOPLAYINTHESNOW

United States

#21 Mar 21, 2013
Any dept. is run top down military style and has since it's beginning.. If corruption is not allowed at the top levels it would cease to exist. Police sub culture contributes to corruption, which the police supervisors are apart of. Corruption always flourishes with group support and always has a history within the social environment. Only way to stop corruption is with internal controls starting with leadership and supervision- Internal accountability. It can't happen if the top does not allow it..... common knowledge.

Hey, we just got blasted with snow---time to have a snow party!!! WHOOO. Get off the computer and go PLAY in the snow for god sakes..:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just wondering how long does the average person... (May '11) 1 hr Thump 7
What happned to brandi from the arena bar and g... 14 hr Thump 24
Does Johnlongrod spam all of the comments becau... 14 hr Thump 26
Trying to locate motorcycle group that rides to... Sat Thump 2
Tink Albright Sep 22 Thump 7
black hawk helicopters (Feb '14) Sep 22 Thump 21
I truly do miss you (Dec '09) Sep 21 Thump 5

Mountain Home Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance