No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#19579 Dec 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"there is no use for them in civilian world.."
That's a moot point. The fact is....they ARE in the civilian world....and they ALWAYS WILL BE in the civilian world.
If left up to you, only the bad guys will have them....and they WILL USE THEM....on US if they have that advantage. You cannot uninvent something!
You could say there is no place in society for nuclear weapons too. But if we do away with ours, other countries- some who are evil- will still have them... and could be a grave danger to us. Would you feel safe if we destroyed all of our nukes?
It is only natural and right for good people to have equal, or better, fire-power and to use it to destroy evil.
It's simple really. Schools: no guns
Police stations: many guns
Which one seems to have the most mass shootings?
The more guns in a place, the less likely anyone tests the waters. They simply move to an easier target.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#19580 Dec 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control?"
I can't speak for him, but for myself...all the dead kids in the world would NOT have me calling for gun control! If more good people had guns, knew how to use them, and carried them everywhere, there would be fewer dead kids and more dead kid-murdering thugs!
AMEN!!!
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#19581 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sure no one really cares what you think but ... i love how you will not post to my threads but instead take an indirect approach... let me tell you something about the clip size since you clearly didinn't understand it from the post you "skimmed" over... a person with a 6 round clip can only kill,injure, or wound, at most 6 people without a reload... does that make sense?.. if people try to subdue the perpetrator then only 6 are in harms way instead of 16 .. make sense? because it should... and HELL yes i think its better 6 or less compared to 16 don't you?! what kind of monster are you really?... and to answer your second question NO i do not think someone with 6 rounds is less likely to commit something of this nature rather than someone with 16 .. but guess what they would more than likely not kill as many right? what is your way of thinking anyways? and anyone with any balls like those teachers had would know that if you have to reload then you are vulnerable... and if you haven't noticed MOST if not ALL of these crimes have took place on grounds that do not permit guns... and that most of these criminals have taken their own lives... and like i stated several times... when our for fathers wrote that they did not expect to see the kind of technology we have today and did not expect americans to use the technology on themselves in such ways... and you cannot tell me that any one of those great men that wrote the constitution would not feel the very same way i do ? or millions of others that feel the same way? lol then your just as crazy
Are you saying that people will take down a shooter who is reloading or will they freeze or run? Most people I know would use the time the shooter is reloading to run away. If a shooter took time to block all the exits then it's like shooting fish in a barrell. There you go demonizing again by calling someone a monster for no other reason than the fact they disagree with you. You need to work on that. You stating that most of these acts took place on grounds with a no gun policy is a strong argument for less gun control. If the teachers had guns, the shooter would have been preoccupied to say the least and probably no kids and maybe no adults die. To say that our fore fathers had no idea we would engage in this type of behavior is a careless at best. There have been far more violent cultures in the history of the world than the American culture of today. Those cultures are well documented and I would be willing to bet that our fore fathers knew about them. The founding documents of this nation deal in ideas and values that can apply to our culture reguardless of the technology we possess. Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#19582 Dec 19, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that people will take down a shooter who is reloading or will they freeze or run? Most people I know would use the time the shooter is reloading to run away. If a shooter took time to block all the exits then it's like shooting fish in a barrell. There you go demonizing again by calling someone a monster for no other reason than the fact they disagree with you. You need to work on that. You stating that most of these acts took place on grounds with a no gun policy is a strong argument for less gun control. If the teachers had guns, the shooter would have been preoccupied to say the least and probably no kids and maybe no adults die. To say that our fore fathers had no idea we would engage in this type of behavior is a careless at best. There have been far more violent cultures in the history of the world than the American culture of today. Those cultures are well documented and I would be willing to bet that our fore fathers knew about them. The founding documents of this nation deal in ideas and values that can apply to our culture reguardless of the technology we possess. Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
your other post is just simple minded redoric that is completely false and not even worthy of a reply .. but this one is because you know nothing of our history .. clearly by your ignorant responses.. if you look at history you will see that your way of thinking has been proven wrong and will continue to do so ...
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#19583 Dec 20, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Those men escaped a government that is exactly like the one the democrats are trying to create here in America. At least study your history before you use it to support your argument.
You people amaze me.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#19584 Dec 20, 2012
Isn't it odd that the very people, with all the privilege that money brings, the ones whose success has allowed them to reap the benefits a Country like ours provides, compares themselves with the near feudal caste system that faced the Founding Fathers in Europe and the America's?

Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#19586 Dec 20, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
The second admendment has nothing to do with hunting or self defence. its to enable the citizens to have the means to overthrow a tyrannical goverment. If the goverment tries to confiscate the guns from law abiding citizens that would be a time for citizens to exercise their second admendment rights as the founders envisioned.
Do you think handguns could stop the U.S. "government",

Osama bin Laden made the same mistake.

Remember Saddam Hussein, he had a army, an could not stop the U.S..

And you and your ilk, are going to do it with hand guns.

Common sense, is not so common is it?

Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#19588 Dec 20, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple really. Schools: no guns
Police stations: many guns
Which one seems to have the most mass shootings?
The more guns in a place, the less likely anyone tests the waters. They simply move to an easier target.
The target gets a lot easier to find with a gun in your hand,

it makes it easier to kill someone, as opposed to say, a club or a knife.

Btw-in most cases like this the shooter or shooters kill themselves or die trying to fight it out.

Look at a couple examples from Ark;

Cotter Ark- Police officer gun down, they trap the guy in North Fork Ark., Police fire hundreds of rounds into his car, the man shoots himself and his female passenger.

West Memphis Ark;

Two more (Armed) police officers gun down, the attackers are killed in a Wal Mart parking lot shooting it out with police.

Blytheville, AR

#19589 Dec 20, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
The second admendment has nothing to do with hunting or self defence. its to enable the citizens to have the means to overthrow a tyrannical goverment. If the goverment tries to confiscate the guns from law abiding citizens that would be a time for citizens to exercise their second admendment rights as the founders envisioned.
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."

--Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitler's Table Talk 1941-44: His Private Conversations, Second Edition (1973), Pg. 425-426. Translated by Norman Cameron and R. H. Stevens. Introduced and with a new preface by H. R. Trevor-Roper. The original German papers were known as Bormann-Vermerke.

Blytheville, AR

#19590 Dec 20, 2012
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
The target gets a lot easier to find with a gun in your hand,
it makes it easier to kill someone, as opposed to say, a club or a knife.
http://www.time.com/time/world /article/0,8599,1985834,00.htm l
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-19...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-...
Tell that to the parents of these kids in China...

Blytheville, AR

#19591 Dec 20, 2012
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense, is not so common is it?
You prove that no matter what name you use.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#19592 Dec 20, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>
1. M16A1
2. M16A2
3. M16A4
4. M1911
5. H&K G36
6. Mk .14 EBR
7. Galil
8. AK-47
9. XM8
10. XM8 LMG
11. XM8C
12. M249 SAW
13. Barrett M82
14. M21 Sniper Rifle
15. M9 Pistol
16. AK-74
17. MP7
18. MP5K
19. M1 Garand
20. Tommy Gun
21. M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle
22. Springfield M1903 Rifle
23. M1 Carbine
24. M40 Sniper Rifle
25. H&K HK416
26. H&K G3
27. H&K HK21
28. H&K G11
29. STG 77
30. STG 44
31. MP40
32. H&K HK36
33. FN SCAR
34. FN F2000
35. FN Five-Seven
36. FN FAL
37. FN P900
38. FN MAG
39. M24
40. Tokarev TT-33
41. M5A2 Carbine
42. PP7
43. PP2000
44. PPSh-41
45. PP-19 Bizon
46. Karabiner 98
47. Gewehr 43
48. SPAS-15
49. SPAS-12
50. Steyr AUG
that's just a small list of your military grade weapons for you ... the pistols are an exception in my eyes but all the others and other guns of the same caliber that are semi auto or hold a large magazine clip should be illegal .. there is no use for them in civilian world.. and Noone is formed in parallel to the formation of nobody, anyone, and everyone, but it is often considered incorrect because of the doubled vowels creating a temptation to read and pronounce it as "noon" (/nu&#720;n/).
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1
that is your "noone"..
You forgot aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines, fighter jets, bombers, drones, shoulder fired missiles, tanks, rocket propelled grenades, APCs, LPCs and yes.....bayonettes, just to name a few.(Bet "noone" asks me what a LPC is.)

Searcy, AR

#19593 Dec 20, 2012
Old Army you need to get away from the sewer pond you might slip and fall in with these oh so stupids!!! Sewer ponds have a way of attracting snakes!!
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#19594 Dec 20, 2012
Guest wrote:
Old Army you need to get away from the sewer pond you might slip and fall in with these oh so stupids!!! Sewer ponds have a way of attracting snakes!!
And eagles, if you live near Searcy, go see the eagles at the sewer ponds out Davis Drive. Don't worry about me falling in, I stay on the human side of the fence and do my fishing elsewhere.
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#19595 Dec 20, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."
--Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitler's Table Talk 1941-44: His Private Conversations, Second Edition (1973), Pg. 425-426. Translated by Norman Cameron and R. H. Stevens. Introduced and with a new preface by H. R. Trevor-Roper. The original German papers were known as Bormann-Vermerke.
What is your point?

We live in a republic, not under a dictator. The U.S. has armed services to protect us from armed conquerors.

It is the Oligarchy of today, that is well on its way to conquering you, without even one shot being fired.

Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#19596 Dec 20, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>You prove that no matter what name you use.
Thank you, I will take that as a compliment.

But the humble me will tell you,'a person of average intelligence looks tall among mental midgets'.

Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#19597 Dec 20, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines, fighter jets, bombers, drones, shoulder fired missiles, tanks, rocket propelled grenades, APCs, LPCs and yes.....bayonettes, just to name a few.(Bet "noone" asks me what a LPC is.)
BFD

Launch Pod Container''''''''
Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#19598 Dec 20, 2012
Redd wrote:
Isn't it odd that the very people, with all the privilege that money brings, the ones whose success has allowed them to reap the benefits a Country like ours provides, compares themselves with the near feudal caste system that faced the Founding Fathers in Europe and the America's?
Odd, to you and me .

Very predictable when you consider how the conservatives are totally opposed to change.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#19599 Dec 20, 2012
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD
Launch Pod Container''''''''
Nope, LPCs are Leather Personnel Carriers, you know like the boot I'd like to put up Know Nothing's ass and the one the real Curmudgeon would use on you.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#19600 Dec 20, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
And eagles, if you live near Searcy, go see the eagles at the sewer ponds out Davis Drive. Don't worry about me falling in, I stay on the human side of the fence and do my fishing elsewhere.
I have a legitimate question Army.

You, having spent a good deal of your life protecting this Country...would you support the violent and unlawful overthrow of this legally elected government?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lani May 1 hr Wtf 1
Richest in Mtn Home..? 1 hr No Shat 2
jeremy schiewetz 4 hr oklahoma 3
Girls who have no self respect in Mountain home... 22 hr hahahahahah 24
What happened to Bob? Tue Baxter county John 3
Sherri stevens Mon the truth 4
Starting a 1% MC Club in Mtn home. Who's intere... (Nov '11) Mon BigE23 142

Winter Storm Warning for Baxter County was issued at March 04 at 10:34AM CST

Mountain Home Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mountain Home People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 am PST

NBC Sports 9:08AM
Kendall Langford visiting the defensive tackle-less Lions today
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
Kendall Langford: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent DT
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 6:35 PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip