Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

GOPnoMORE

Branson, MO

#26014 Jul 25, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>Admit what? Admit that you cannot move forward to todays time period and are trying to bring up past ...
A lot of good points, not being a smart Alec here, it's very difficult to read. It would help greatly if paragraphs were used. Just saying.
Copyright Police

Jonesboro, AR

#26016 Jul 25, 2013
not sure about that wrote:
<quoted text>
I think 5% is a little generous....just saying
I have always given his type the benefit of the doubt, I used to try to employ them for really menial tasks.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26017 Jul 25, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>Admit what? Admit that you cannot move forward to todays time period and are trying to bring up past legislation into today's politics and pass them off as the opposing parties views? Sure I will admit you are doing that. Oh really?.....
OK, I'll take your unwillingness to admit what your party said in 1986 or even defend it as an admission of you knowing what the democrats did was wrong. On taxes for the poor, I thought we were talking about the federal government and federal taxes. I will certainly be more cautious in my assumptions that you understand what we are talking about from now on. Not talking about the umemployed, never was. The non-retirement entitlement society doesn't pay federal income taxes, only sales tax. Yes, you can take advantage of every single tax break the rich take advantage of. All you have to do is set yourself up to make the kind of money they do using the same hard work ethic they used. If you don't want to then that's on you but don't try and push the blame off on someone who had done the work and been successful. We live in America where one can make of themselves whatever they want. On the vacation front, Bushes (both of them) spent $25 million on "vacations" in 8 years.$20million of that was on the cost of using Airforce 1 but we'll count it anyway. Obama on the other hand had spent $57 million on vacations where he didn't work in only 3 years. Maybe it's you who should do the research. If you choose to, the only thing you will find from your liberal sources is that $20 million for Airforce 1 and they will only compare it to Obama's 4 trips to Hawaii costing $4 million each. They convieniently will omit Michelle's trips with and without the girls or the girls trips without the parents. I never mentioned Ireland. Where they vacation is of no concern to me but rather how much those vacations cost us, the hurting tax payers in this terrible economy of Obama's. Just be open minded enough to look at other sources besides ultra-leftwing sources that really make you look bad when you go defending the Obama's. I assumed that you could look at the numbers I gave and tell for yourself that they were minimal. Sorry, I gave you more credit than you deserve. So, I think you must have meant your not angry but rather confused. Wonder what city you live in that expects 60K extra residents? Is that in the next century?
not sure about that

Conway, AR

#26018 Jul 25, 2013
Copyright Police wrote:
<quoted text>
That is one we can't find, you're gonna print it, be nice to back it up. If not, five billion Mexicans crossed the border last night to prepare for August Easter Egg Hunt, look it up.
Now this is priceless! Great comment!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#26019 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I think 5% is a little generous....just saying
Irremediable simpletons to fainthearted to embrace a conversation about the disastrous fiasco of current and departed members of the Republican party, so they direct their fascination to Barney's socks.

How inescapably downhearted they are showing themselves to be.

Former IRS Auditor

Mountain Home, AR

#26020 Jul 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll take your unwillingness to admit what your party said in 1986 or even defend it as an admission of you knowing what the democrats did was wrong. On taxes for the poor, I thought we were talking about the federal government and federal taxes. I will certainly be more cautious in my assumptions that you understand what we are talking about from now on. Not talking about the umemployed, never was. The non-retirement entitlement society doesn't pay federal income taxes, only sales tax. Yes, you can take advantage of every single tax break the rich take advantage of. All you have to do is set yourself up to make the kind of money they do using the same hard work ethic they used. If you don't want to then that's on you but don't try and push the blame off on someone who had done the work and been successful. We live in America where one can make of themselves whatever they want. On the vacation front, Bushes (both of them) spent $25 million on "vacations" in 8 years.$20million of that was on the cost of using Airforce 1 but we'll count it anyway. Obama on the other hand had spent $57 million on vacations where he didn't work in only 3 years. Maybe it's you who should do the research. If you choose to, the only thing you will find from your liberal sources is that $20 million for Airforce 1 and they will only compare it to Obama's 4 trips to Hawaii costing $4 million each. They convieniently will omit Michelle's trips with and without the girls or the girls trips without the parents. I never mentioned Ireland. Where they vacation is of no concern to me but rather how much those vacations cost us, the hurting tax payers in this terrible economy of Obama's. Just be open minded enough to look at other sources besides ultra-leftwing sources that really make you look bad when you go defending the Obama's. I assumed that you could look at the numbers I gave and tell for yourself that they were minimal. Sorry, I gave you more credit than you deserve. So, I think you must have meant your not angry but rather confused. Wonder what city you live in that expects 60K extra residents? Is that in the next century?
The non-retirement entitlement society doesn't pay federal income taxes, only sales tax"

You are absolutely wrong about that. I suggest you look at the IRS rules on a couple filing jointly with one of them on Disability income.

You go past the income threshold, you will definitely pay taxes on a portion of that disability income.
Former IRS Auditor

Mountain Home, AR

#26021 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Now this is priceless! Great comment!
'A fool and his money soon depart'

www.bloomberg.com/news/.../private-jobs-incre...

Nearly Two-Thirds Of Private-Sector Jobs Added In Last 50 Years ...

thinkprogress.org/economy/.../democratic-pres... ;

politicalwire.com/.../private_job_growth_occu... ;

May 8, 2012 - Private Job Growth Occurs More Under Democrats ...

politicalwire.com/.../private_job_growth_occu... ;

May 8, 2012 - Private Job Growth Occurs More Under Democrats ... "The BGOV Barometer shows that since Democrat John F. Kennedy took office in January ...
politicalwire.com/.../private_job_growth_occu... ..

Jul 5, 2013 - Under President Obama's leadership, the economy has added private sector jobs for 40 straight months. During this span, 7.2 million private ...
www.dpcc.senate.gov/... ;
not sure about that

Conway, AR

#26022 Jul 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Open minded? That is one thing that you will not find with a liberal.
One common trait that all liberals share is the "Blame Bush" gene. Actually, the "Blame" gene is the dominant gene that controls every liberal so strongly, that it trumps all ability to think rationally and logically.
However, just as dominant as the "Blame" gene is, all liberals ironically share in the absence of the "Accountability/Responsib ility" gene, which is seemingly just as dominant.
Oddly enough, these two traits work together like a fine oiled machine in the mind of a liberal. The strong dominance of both have potential to cause conflict and confusion however, over time, the liberal mind has been able to intertwine and weave these traits so closely together, they have perfected the "Pick and Chose" gene. The traits from this gene have evolved into what we see now in the mind of every liberal...selective memory loss.
Unfortunately for America, the liberal mind has perfected the ability to incorporate these three genes, that they have not only created their own account of jaded history, they also can't process the reality of the present.
Those of us that are left to deal with the contradicting and chaotic mind of the liberal realize what a detriment they are to society...but until the liberal mind can recognize and admit the bondage and turmoil they deal with daily, there is little we can do to help them.
To sum it up...the liberal mind can't remember 1986, because they have spent years blaming others and refusing to take responsibility.
Case in point? Barney the Boob, who tries hard to appear eloquent...but probably needs a refresher course in the correct way to use simplistic grammar such as to, too, and two...their, there, and they're...etc....
Hysterical

Conway, AR

#26023 Jul 25, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Irremediable simpletons to fainthearted to embrace a conversation about the disastrous fiasco of current and departed members of the Republican party, so they direct their fascination to Barney's socks.
How inescapably downhearted they are showing themselves to be.
Barney the Boob...trying hard...but missing the mark...as usual.

Location hidden

#26024 Jul 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us, what did the Democrat party say in 1986 when,

President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act or other wise know as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act.

Mazzoli was a Democratic representative from Kentucky and Alan K. Simpson was a Republican senator from Wyoming who chaired their respective immigration subcommittees in Congress.
Tell us again how it was the Dem's fault that the bill was a miserable failure, a Bi-Partisan bill sighed into law by President Reagan.

You think maybe the law failed in part because of one tiny clause put into it ;

"affirmative defense" clause in the law that explicitly released employers from any obligation to check the authenticity of workers' documents"

Even though the bill says;

In brief the act:

required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status.

made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants.

legalized certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants.

Why did Reagan not Veto this tooothless piece of legislation?

That point in time there were not enough Hispanics voting, as they are today, so it could not have been pandering to their race.

I will tell you, it was put in there by the big business and commercial farmers to whom the Republican Party panders to.

Copyright Police

Jonesboro, AR

#26025 Jul 25, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
President Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act or other wise know as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act.
Mazzoli was a Democratic representative from Kentucky and Alan K. Simpson was a Republican senator from Wyoming who chaired their respective immigration subcommittees in Congress.
Tell us again how it was the Dem's fault that the bill was a miserable failure, a Bi-Partisan bill sighed into law by President Reagan.
"affirmative defense" clause in the law that explicitly released employers from any obligation to check the authenticity of workers' documents"
In brief the act:
That point in time there were not enough Hispanics voting, as they are today, so it could not have been pandering to their race.
I will tell you, it was put in there by the big business and commercial farmers to whom the Republican Party panders to.
Your president is trying to pass the Simpleton Macaroni Act, a typing to get a vote.
Copyright Police

Jonesboro, AR

#26026 Jul 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it costs a lot but Obama does less damage when he is vacationing. Ever notice that Michelle and the kids stay away from him, thus the separate vacations, unless he is going someplace exciting. Even barney's partner spends time with him when he isn't at McD's
GOPnoMORE

Branson, MO

#26027 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
One common trait that all liberals share is the "Blame Bush" gene. Actually, the "Blame" gene is the dominant gene that controls every liberal so strongly, that it trumps all ability to think rationally and logically...
You’ve got to be kidding me; the liberals have a “Blame Gene!” You have got to be pulling my leg; the conservatives couldn’t wait for President Obama to take office so they could blame him for the depression they caused, two mismanaged wars and turning booming economy into a plummeting economy while they had the helm the first decade of this land.

The conservatives the tea party ultra kooks have a season pass to “Loony Land” where the ride Sara Palin’s merry-go-round thinking the president was given a magic wand that he can wave and all should be fixed the moment he took office.

The only thing more dominant than their “Blame Gene” is their “Stupid Gene!”

But it is possible I guess the conservatives and tea baggers most definitely have a “Memory Loss” gene and then it would be understandable why they think others are to blame and only they have the answers.
GOPnoMORE

Branson, MO

#26028 Jul 25, 2013
Sorry, "land" should be century.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26029 Jul 25, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
In brief the act:
You know as well as I do that the bill never made it out of the house. The only reason congress revisited the issue was because of the backlash by civil rights activist (not republican) and the democratic members in congress. The republicans caved as they do on so many other issues. Make no mistake, the democrats are no less than 5 steps ahead of the republicans in shaping the battlefield of public policy. The republican party and this country are going to die a slow and painful death at the hands of the democrats unless conservatives get their acts together before too much of America is infected by the lie that is liberalsim.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26030 Jul 25, 2013
Copyright Police wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it costs a lot but Obama does less damage when he is vacationing. Ever notice that Michelle and the kids stay away from him, thus the separate vacations, unless he is going someplace exciting. Even barney's partner spends time with him when he isn't at McD's
Very good point.

United States

#26031 Jul 25, 2013
Good times

Location hidden

#26032 Jul 25, 2013
<quoted text>
One common trait that all liberals share is the "Blame Bush" gene. Actually, the "Blame" gene is the dominant gene that controls every liberal so strongly, that it trumps all ability to think rationally and logically.
However, just as dominant as the "Blame" gene is, all liberals ironically share in the absence of the "Accountability/Responsib ility" gene, which is seemingly just as dominant.
Oddly enough, these two traits work together like a fine oiled machine in the mind of a liberal. The strong dominance of both have potential to cause conflict and confusion however, over time, the liberal mind has been able to intertwine and weave these traits so closely together, they have perfected the "Pick and Chose" gene. The traits from this gene have evolved into what we see now in the mind of every liberal...selective memory loss.
Unfortunately for America, the liberal mind has perfected the ability to incorporate these three genes, that they have not only created their own account of jaded history, they also can't process the reality of the present.
Those of us that are left to deal with the contradicting and chaotic mind of the liberal realize what a detriment they are to society...but until the liberal mind can recognize and admit the bondage and turmoil they deal with daily, there is little we can do to help them.
To sum it up...the liberal mind can't remember 1986, because they have spent years blaming others and refusing to take responsibility.
Case in point? Barney the Boob, who tries hard to appear eloquent...but probably needs a refresher course in the correct way to use simplistic grammar such as to, too, and two...their, there, and they're...etc....
She/he was so embarrassed by THEIR juvenile sock quote, They were compelled to redeem them self by showing THEIR excellent command of Spell and Grammar check.

Which is all good, but in my opinion it takes more brain power to present a plausible argument based on fact.

However those facts escape Dr. "not sure about that, None the less proceeds with another attempt at redemption in a 5,000 word essay on psycho analysis of a Liberal.

What poor Dr. "not sure about that" does not know that THEIR analysis has been debunked by several studies and have published in several publications, such as Psychologytoday, for example.
GOPnoMORE

Ava, MO

#26033 Jul 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Make no mistake, the democrats are no less than 5 steps ahead of the republicans in shaping the battlefield of public policy. The republican party and this country are going to die a slow and painful death at the hands of the democrats unless conservatives get their acts together before too much of America is infected by the lie that is liberalsim.
Interesting, but no, the Democrats are doing nothing but sitting back and watching the tea party destroy the Republican Party. To prove this point we only have look at the most recent loony loser, Iowa Republican Representative Steve King. Add him to the list of Republican/tea party losers; Sara Palin, Rick Perry, Herman Cane, the lovable Witch Kristine O’Dodonnel and the multitude of recent others, yep, the Republicans will be a regional party at best.

Location hidden

#26034 Jul 25, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You know as well as I do that the bill never made it out of the house. The only reason congress revisited the issue was because of the backlash by civil rights activist (not republican) and the democratic members in congress. The republicans caved as they do on so many other issues. Make no mistake, the democrats are no less than 5 steps ahead of the republicans in shaping the battlefield of public policy. The republican party and this country are going to die a slow and painful death at the hands of the democrats unless conservatives get their acts together before too much of America is infected by the lie that is liberalsim.
No I do not know that, and neither do you. The bill was sign into law by Presiden Reagan on November 6, 1986.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Myka arms? 5 hr bob 3
known std carriers 5 hr bob 27
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mountain Home, AR (Aug '10) 9 hr Username 203
Looking for inboard 10 hr Jim 1
Bar Chicks (Oct '14) 11 hr John 30
Where's the girls who like to have fun 11 hr John 6
Private Investigators (Dec '14) 17 hr Kelley Moore Rand... 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mountain Home Mortgages