Yes

No

Other (explain below)

curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#23987 Mar 20, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
WASHINGTON – Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., the winner of the Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll for 2016 only days ago, is denying an Associated Press report that he supports a path to citizenship for illegal aliens.
The AP’s Erica Werner reported Paul told a Hispanic business group that illegal aliens should be allowed to become U.S. taxpayers and ultimately get a shot at citizenship.
Ads by Google
End Illegal ImmigrationIllegal means illegal. No amnesty for illegal aliens. Sign petition! Townhall.com/No-Amnesty
Protect Your IRA or 401KCreate an IRA with Gold & Silver. Request Your Free Investment Kit. BirchGold.com/Gold-Silver-IRA
However, Paul told the Washington Post, which carried the original story, the reporting was inaccurate.
“I didn’t use the word citizenship at all this morning,” he said.“Basically what I want to do is to expand the worker visa program, have border security and then as far as how people become citizens, there already is a process for how people become citizens.”
Paul said the “main difference is I wouldn’t have people be forced to go home.”
“You’d just get in line. But you get in the same line everyone is in,” he said.
At RedState.com , Erick Erickson backed Paul.
“I have read the entirety of Rand Paul’s speech. I have spoken directly to the senator,” he said.“Nowhere in his speech does he use the word ‘citizenship.’ In fact, the word citizen is only used once, in reference to Rand Paul himself saying,‘As a teenager, I was not always the model citizen that I am today.’”
The RedState report said Paul was talking about fixing the guest worker program, not giving citizenship.
On social media, the senator said:“In the 1986 immigration plan, border security was promised in exchange for what amounted to amnesty. It never happened. I’m opposed to amnesty and my plan demands a secure border before immigration reform.”
On his U.S. Senate website, he makes clear he does not support amnesty and considers illegal immigration a “clear threat to our nation’s security”:
I do not support amnesty, I support legal immigration and recognize that the country has been enriched by those who seek the freedom to make a life for themselves. However, millions of illegal immigrants are crossing our border without our knowledge and causing a clear threat to our national security. I want to work in the Senate to secure our border immediately. In addition, I support the creation of a border fence and increased border patrol capabilities.
Immigrants should meet the current requirements, which should be enforced and updated. I realize that subsidizing something creates more of it, and do not think the taxpayer should be forced to pay for welfare, medical care and other expenses for illegal immigrants. Once the subsidies for illegal immigration are removed, the problem will likely become far less common.
I support local solutions to illegal immigration as protected by the 10th amendment. I support making English the official language of all documents and contracts.
Millions crossing our border without our knowledge constitutes a clear threat to our nation’s security. Instead of closing military bases at home and renting space in Europe, I am open to the construction of bases to protect our border.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/rand-paul-flip-flo...
The main difference I wouldnt have people forced to go home." thats enough! come here illegaly and after your here he wouldnt deport them. that the same thing as just putting out a welcome sign.
Hmmm

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#23988 Mar 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a democracy. Its a Republic. A republic where the counstitional god given rights of the few cannott be infringed by the wishes of the many. Even if the few is just one person and the many is everyone else. Democracy is nothing but mob rule. deomcracy is two wolves & a sheep voting on what to eat for supper. There is not a inherent freedom in a democracy.
Federal
Main article: Federal state
States in which the federal government shares power with semi-independent regional governments. The central government may or may not be (in theory) a creation of the regional governments; prime examples are Switzerland and the United States.
Argentina (23 provinces and one autonomous city (Buenos Aires)
Australia (six states and three territories)
Austria (nine states)
Belgium (three regions and three linguistic communities)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republika Srpska and their condominium Br&#269;ko District)
Brazil (26 states and the Federal District)
Canada (ten provinces and three territories)
Comoros (Anjouan, Grande Comore, Mohéli)
Ethiopia (nine regions and three chartered cities)
Germany (16 states)
India (28 states and seven union territories)
Iraq (18 governorates and one one region (Iraqi Kurdistan)
Malaysia (13 states and three federal territories)
Mexico (31 states and one federal district (Mexico City)
Federated States of Micronesia (Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei and Yap)
Nepal (14 zones)
Nigeria (36 states and one federal territory (the Federal Capital Territory)
Pakistan (4 provinces, 2 autonomous areas and 2 territories)
Russia (46 oblasts, 21 republics, nine krais, four autonomous okrugs, two federal cities, one autonomous oblast)
Saint Kitts and Nevis (two states)
South Sudan (10 states)
Sudan (17 states)
Switzerland (26 cantons)
United Arab Emirates (seven emirates)
United States (50 states, one incorporated territory, and one federal district (Washington, D.C.)
Venezuela (23 states, one cap

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#23989 Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it has proven responsible only to those in power and neglects the changing demographics of this country.
Because presently it has been proven from experience to be a flawed and eventually failed economic philosophy. One must use common sense when examining a flat tax as a alternative.
Because it won't work, not enough revenue to feed the necessities required to keep this nation viable in a changing world. Because it will only further concentrate wealth and power into the hands of those already controlling much of government.
But mostly, because a political movement somewhat populated by doomsday preppers and secessionist radicals will eventually destroy democracy and it's inherent freedom.
Individuals do not have freedom in a democracy! In a democracy the majority rules. Think about what that can do to freedom when the majority are blood-sucking parasites.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#23990 Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Because it won't work, not enough revenue to feed the necessities required"

What do you call the NECESSITIES? You mean like entitlements so many able body people have come to enjoy?
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#23991 Mar 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a democracy. Its a Republic. A republic where the counstitional god given rights of the few cannott be infringed by the wishes of the many. Even if the few is just one person and the many is everyone else. Democracy is nothing but mob rule. deomcracy is two wolves & a sheep voting on what to eat for supper. There is not a inherent freedom in a democracy.
Good post!

SE Michigan

#23992 Mar 20, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> The main difference I wouldnt have people forced to go home." thats enough! come here illegaly and after your here he wouldnt deport them. that the same thing as just putting out a welcome sign.
Of course I don't agree with Paul on that. But who running for office is going to say send them home? Tom Tancredo maybe...and you saw what happened to him. He had a great illegal immigration plan...and he is no longer in office....so his plan does absolutely NOTHING to fix the problem.

The more I think about it, I'd rather see a politician say he wont send them home, get elected, and then....send them home!
Hmmm

#23993 Mar 20, 2013
Republics

Republics

San Marino Considered the "world's oldest republic".
Netherlands
Switzerland
England
Paraguay
Argentina
Chile
Colombia
Ecuador
Dominican Republic
France Se
Brazil
Madagascar
Philippines
Portugal
Angola
Cape Verde
Guinea-Bissau
Mozambique
São Tomé and Príncipe
China
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Estonia
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Latvia
Russia
Ukraine
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Lithuania
Germany
Austria
Poland
Finland
Turkmenistan
Lebanon
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Turkey
Mongolia
Spain
Moldova
Iceland
Korea
Indonesia
Vietnam
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Croatia
Macedonia
Montenegro
Serbia
Slovenia
Albania
Hungary
Italy
Bulgaria
Romania
Burma
Israel
India
Egypt
South Sudan
Sudan
Bangladesh
Pakistan
Tunisia
Iraq
Democratic Republic of Congo
Ghana
Cyprus
South Africa
Rwanda
Yemen
Tanganyika
Nigeria
Zambia
Kenya
Singapore
Malaw
Burundi
South Yemen
Maldives
Libya
Cambodia
The Gambia
Sierra Leone
Sri Lanka
Afghanistan al abolition of monarchy; referendum
Malta
Laos
Seychelles J
Trinidad and Tobago
Iran
Central African Republic
Zimbabwe
Fiji
Mauritius
Nepal
Hmmm

#23994 Mar 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Good post!
But wrong.
Hmmm

#23995 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Individuals do not have freedom in a democracy! In a democracy the majority rules. Think about what that can do to freedom when the majority are blood-sucking parasites.
Democracy is and has been a commonly used by-word for our form of government when in actuality it's not a true Democracy. I think most of you are quite aware of that fact, at least those that ever went to any form of a educational system.

I think that while most of you look for some form of error in anyone's opposing politic view, you often are grossly mistaken in your rebuttal.

But why shouldn't you be, garbage in, garbage out.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#23996 Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
But wrong.
Prove it?
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#23997 Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is and has been a commonly used by-word for our form of government when in actuality it's not a true Democracy. I think most of you are quite aware of that fact, at least those that ever went to any form of a educational system.
I think that while most of you look for some form of error in anyone's opposing politic view, you often are grossly mistaken in your rebuttal.
Everybody told you we are a Republic and you still spin like a top in your little liberal democrat rainbow unicorn world!

SE Michigan

#23998 Mar 21, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Democracy is and has been a commonly used by-word for our form of government"
It's a known fact that when something is repeated often enough, people start to believe it. Ever notice that politicians always use that word? And that's what's taught in schools. It is a form of brainwashing! Now the younger generation actually believes we live in a democracy. That's what they will grow up espousing. Why do you think this government doesn't want kids to understand what a republic is and what form of government our founders created?

Location hidden

#23999 Mar 21, 2013
Every nation has violent loners, and they tend to have remarkably similar profiles from one country and culture to the next. And every country has known the horror of having a lunatic get his hands on a gun and kill innocent people.

But on a recent list of the fourteen worst mass shootings in Western democracies since the nineteen-sixties the United States claimed seven,

and, just as important, no other country on the list has had a repeat performance as severe as the first.

by Adam Gopnik
April 30, 2007
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24000 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
"Democracy is and has been a commonly used by-word for our form of government"
It's a known fact that when something is repeated often enough, people start to believe it. Ever notice that politicians always use that word? And that's what's taught in schools. It is a form of brainwashing! Now the younger generation actually believes we live in a democracy. That's what they will grow up espousing. Why do you think this government doesn't want kids to understand what a republic is and what form of government our founders created?
You can't get through to people like that. Hmmmmm is a major part of what is wrong with this country. People like that are more interested in hearing about Honey Boo Boo and Kim Kardashian than they are about hearing the truth about our country and the world. Their thought process is not sophisticatd enough to realize that eventually they will unknowingly eat the goose that laid the golden egg and starve theirselves to death due to their sheer ignorance! This country is doomed!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24001 Mar 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
Every nation has violent loners, and they tend to have remarkably similar profiles from one country and culture to the next. And every country has known the horror of having a lunatic get his hands on a gun and kill innocent people.
But on a recent list of the fourteen worst mass shootings in Western democracies since the nineteen-sixties the United States claimed seven,
and, just as important, no other country on the list has had a repeat performance as severe as the first.
by Adam Gopnik
April 30, 2007
AND all of them were registered democrats or had liberal core values.....

SE Michigan

#24002 Mar 21, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think most of you are quite aware of that fact, at least those that ever went to any form of a educational system."

This sentence makes me question if YOU went to >AN< educational system!

SE Michigan

#24003 Mar 21, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>AND all of them were registered democrats or had liberal core values.....
THAT is a FACT!
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#24004 Mar 21, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You can't get through to people like that. Hmmmmm is a major part of what is wrong with this country. People like that are more interested in hearing about Honey Boo Boo and Kim Kardashian than they are about hearing the truth about our country and the world. Their thought process is not sophisticatd enough to realize that eventually they will unknowingly eat the goose that laid the golden egg and starve theirselves to death due to their sheer ignorance! This country is doomed!
Yep were doomed. you cant change folks core concepts with facts. Only after great personal disaster will a few see things as they are. Many folks after their homes are destroyed by a flood stubbornly rebuild in the exact same location. the other day I was discussing debt with a deep in debt up to the eyeballs neighbor. He tried to say as long as he made his monthly payments he wasnt in debt! then after he lost that arguement he stated it didnt matter because he started out with nothing. And he was living large right now and dont really care about the future. He actually blamed the banker for allowing him to borrow so much. If the economic collapse dont wake folks up the continued clatyclismic earth changes will. to be realistic its going to get worse & much worse.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#24005 Mar 21, 2013
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#24007 Mar 22, 2013
16 hours and not a reply on this thread. Thats a record! What is wrong did something I posted hurt youalls feelings? Or maybe you just dont want to face the facts that their isnt any recovery and we as a nation are doomed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
should i move to mt home? 6 hr Leslie 6
queers and lesbians 9 hr notAchristian 6
News Arkansas man, 20, found dead in Baxter County (Feb '13) 10 hr pretty 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mountain Home, AR (Aug '10) Sat John 197
do not move to mountain home arkansas (Jun '13) Sat Blight of Society 163
Happy 4th of July! Sat Ho Dee Doo 4
Are Mountain Home churches homosexual-friendly? Fri Go away 34
More from around the web

Mountain Home People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE